Quite exciting to see the announcement, but got a small question while looking at the specs...

Here it is the part in question:
    Bands GSM/GPRS/EDGE
    UMTS/HSPA + up to 42 Mbps
    CDMA/EVDO Rev. A (CDMA model only)
    4G - LTE

This is how I understand it... There will be at least two models, CDMA model and a non-CDMA model (let's call it GSM model)
    The "CDMA/EVDO Rev. A" will be available to CDMA model only, but the rest is available in both/all models.
    This would mean Moto X for Verizon will be the same as iPhone 4S for Verizon, which allows you to pop in a GSM SIM card when you are in Europe.

Could anybody confirm/deny this, preferably with a reference/source?

Thanks!
    08-01-2013 03:10 PM
    Also, it's possible it will work diffrently for Sprint and Verizon. Does anyone know if these phones will work overseas with a local SIM?

In the past, Sprint has sold "international" phones that only worked with Sprint international roaming, which is prohibitively expensive. But they have also sold phones that could be unlocked for use overseas with local SIMs.
    09-13-2013 10:29 AM
    I live in the Netherlands and I'm extremely interested in having the Moto X available for a local carrier here.
    I'd be able to come to the states and buy a phone that's not locked to a carrier in the way described above if that's possible.
    would love to here if this is possible, and if so in which stores?
    09-13-2013 02:28 PM