Moto X Commercials

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Here's actually what I'm very interested in seeing just from a purely curious point of view -

Since most of the smartphone geeks here, myself included are kind of unanimous in our reaction to this phone, let's see if Googorola's $500M advertising campaign actually makes this phone sell like crazy regardless of what we think! I'm going to say no, but I am curious how it pans out.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Here's actually what I'm very interested in seeing just from a purely curious point of view -

Since most of the smartphone geeks here, myself included are kind of unanimous in our reaction to this phone, let's see if Googorola's $500M advertising campaign actually makes this phone sell like crazy regardless of what we think! I'm going to say no, but I am curious how it pans out.

many phone geeks like us probably wont buy this but I am sure there are people out there who really dont know the difference between any phones.
Customization will probably attract the users. iPhone is not high in spec and it is expensive, the reason why it sells well is because of Apple's marketing.

btw, 95% i wont buy it

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Since most of the smartphone geeks here, myself included are kind of unanimous in our reaction to this phone

Yeah I'm not so sure about that. People are frustrated that it's not the God Phone at Nexus pricing, but it still might be the best device available for many users, and, though I haven't used it, from what I know I think it could easily be in just about everyone's top 5 device list.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Unanimous?

I'm totally getting this phone. Is everyone else?

I'm getting it most likely and will prob be going to an AT&T prepaid for it. Prob is gonna be how often I change my mind, customizing this thing is gonna be a nightmare for me.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I wanna hang out in a Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile or US Cellular store when someone walks in and says "I want that phone that I saw the commercial for where I can pick my own color" I just wanna see the salespeople squirm.

Brilliant marketing there Google.

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I was actually thinking of leaving my Verizon unlimited data plan for this phone on at&t. But when I saw the share everything prices, I think a part of me almost died inside! How can they get away with this absolutely crazy pricing scheme???

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

Woah! Hey, I love this phone.. and I'd bet that the $500M Advertising campaign is actually going to pay off. Specially if they do it right! and as long as the Media play's their card's correct too.. and lets be honest. the American people are pretty sheepish, specially when it comes to tech! (just look at the iPhone lol)

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Woah! Hey, I love this phone.. and I'd bet that the $500M Advertising campaign is actually going to pay off. Specially if they do it right! and as long as the Media play's their card's correct too.. and lets be honest. the American people are pretty sheepish, specially when it comes to tech! (just look at the iPhone lol)

How can the marketing possibly work when the biggest thing they've emphasized so far "designed by you" is unavailable to the vast majority of people? People are gonna go into stores to get a phone they can design, find out they can't design said phone, see that there are better phones available for the same price or less, and walk out with a different phone. Google's marketing will likely backfire on them.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
That's why I am thinking about aio or gophone. Go phone is $60 with 2gb and includes LTE. When I did the math it seemed like better deal than their postpaid, even with subsidy.

Posted via Android Central App

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I wanna hang out in a Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile or US Cellular store when someone walks in and says "I want that phone that I saw the commercial for where I can pick my own color" I just wanna see the salespeople squirm.

Brilliant marketing there Google.

it's going to be an awful coupla months for many many many people. ugh. wth.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
many phone geeks like us probably wont buy this but I am sure there are people out there who really dont know the difference between any phones.
Customization will probably attract the users. iPhone is not high in spec and it is expensive, the reason why it sells well is because of Apple's marketing.

btw, 95% i wont buy it

I don't think the only reason Apple sells well is marketing. There is also pretty design/packaging combined with the dumbed down, but non-intimidating interface and the fact that for awhile they were the only game in town as far as apps were concerned. This allowed them to establish a foothold and dedicated, loyal user base who is only know starting to realize the limitations of the walled garden.

IOW Motorola is going to have something more compelling than a slick marketing campaign and wood battery covers. Most people make design statements with their phone covers/cases and screen savers anyway. Who keeps thei phone completely naked anymore?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995