so what is everyone's main complaints of the phone?

anon(5982890)

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: so what is everyones main complaints of tge phobe?

Except for the fact that it's made in the US, where workers are not paid slave wages like they are in Asia.

Get something straight before you finish drinking all the kool-aid: the final assembly point for the Moto x is in the US, that's it. The parts are all still manufactured overseas by the same little Chinese hands as everyone else.

Motorola unveils Fort Worth-made Moto X phone | Business | Dallas Business, Texas Busine...

The Moto X is the first smartphone to be assembled in the U.S. Even though the concept of the smartphone was pioneered here and many phones have been designed in the U.S., the vast majority of phones are assembled in Asia.

With labor costs rising in China, some electronics manufacturers are looking to move manufacturing back to the U.S. Apple is moving production of its Mac Pro desktop computers to the U.S. this year.

The Fort Worth factory will let Google stamp the phone as ?Made in the U.S.,? but assembly is just the last step in the manufacturing process, and accounts for relatively little of the cost of a smartphone.

The cost largely lies in the chips, battery and display, most of which come from Asian factories. For instance, research firm iSuppli estimates that the components of Samsung?s latest flagship phone, the Galaxy S4, cost $229, while the assembly costs $8.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

"Made in the USA" has an actual FTC definition is the point.

Okay, but that doesn't address the point I was making about how much it costs Motorola to have the phone assembled in the US. Thank you, Mr. Non Sequitur.

I see your point now: it's on the top of your head.

Nelson Guerrero

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

-720p screen... Which is supposed to be good for the battery but then theres a small battery in the phone so it would just be average battery life in the end.
-small battery
-non removable battery
- No sd card slot
- 200 dollars on contract (is a mid range phone thats going against the HTC One and Galaxy S4 for the same price)

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

My complaint is that they announced it and there's nowhere I can play with it tomorrow. If I loved it, I would still wait, but I'd like to check it out first-hand

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

No Qi charging
Price is too high for specs
32gb is exclusive to AT&T

jbruha

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: so what is everyones main complaints of the phone?

Release dates!!!! Why have such an event but you can't tell us when we can get it.... LAME.

And am I correct that only certain carries are getting the motomaker first? If this is true, that's just plain stupid.

I will second this and add that the entire carrier exclusive deal is what has confused the entire launch. Everything else is debatable, but AT&T getting a grip on it for the first month is pointless and only hurts those interested.

To clear this up again, the 32GB version is NOT exclusive to AT&T. For now, Moto Maker is. If any other companies get Moto Maker, they also get the 32gb version.

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

I will second this and add that the entire carrier exclusive deal is what has confused the entire launch. Everything else is debatable, but AT&T getting a grip on it for the first month is pointless and only hurts those interested.

To clear this up again, the 32GB version is NOT exclusive to AT&T. For now, Moto Maker is. If any other companies get Moto Maker, they also get the 32gb version.

Is it or isn't the 32gb an att exclusive? I'm confused

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

You are really going to switch TO AT&T....for a special plastic back?

Proof of market.

Posted via Android Central App

Yeah I'll switch. I'm not overly fond of T-Mo and Att has better overall coverage.

So I pay more, I want the phone so I'm willing to pay the price to do so.

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Hands-on with the Moto X | Android Central
Other hardware points of note:

2GB Of RAM
The display is (only) 720x1280, and it's AMOLED RGB. It's certainly usable, but probably not our favorite display.
The battery's got a 2,200 mAh capacity, and Motorola swears it'll go all day. As in 24 hours.
Most versions of the Moto X sports 16GB of internal memory. AT&T has the exclusive on a 32GB version.
You'll get 50GB of free storage on Google Drive for two years.
NFC and Miracast are on board.
Wifi does 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac.
aGPS and GLONASS for finding your way around.

roadkizzle

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

I believe that the point was actually that the 32 GB option is actually a Moto Maker exclusive option. The fact that only AT&T has access to Moto Maker makes it seem that the 32 GB will be an AT&T exclusive.

That said, I'm not sure whether the 32 Gb will be available to Verizon via Moto Maker when it becomes available.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

But if at the end of the day I'm down to 5% that sucks. With my RMHD I'm down to 70%. Maybe 60.

- - - Updated - - -

But if at the end of the day I'm down to 5% that sucks. With my RMHD I'm down to 70%. Maybe 60.

I agree with the post above - they are calling this a game changer, but I don't see anything of the sort. There isn't anything that makes me want to buy this phone. And certainly not over a Droid Maxx

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

The fact that it's basically a redesigned nexus 4 selling at the same price as the S4 and ONE.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

The fact that it's basically a redesigned nexus 4 selling at the same price as the S4 and ONE.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Its really not.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Is it or isn't the 32gb an att exclusive? I'm confused

It isn't. As others have said, that 32 GB model is available through Motomaker, which is only available through att. When att loses their exclusivity, the larger capacity will be available at other carriers.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site

they are calling this a game changer, but I don't see anything of the sort. There isn't anything that makes me want to buy this phone. And certainly not over a Droid Maxx

Then you're probably not the target audience.

Anyone ever think that maybe the game changing factor in this phone is the fluidity and ease of use? With so many new android users that are added every year, is there really an android phone out right now that has the fluidity/dependability /ease of use that the iPhone possesses?

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

It isn't. As others have said, that 32 GB model is available through Motomaker, which is only available through att. When att loses their exclusivity, the larger capacity will be available at other carriers.

How do we know that the 32gb is only available through motomaker? Do u have a link???

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site

Honestly, I'm kinda torn between either this, the HTC ONE GE, or whatever the hell the nexus 5 might be.

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

Honestly, I'm kinda torn between either this, the HTC ONE GE, or whatever the hell the nexus 5 might be.

I don't see why anyone would want this phone more than the HTC One or Nexus 5. I'm running a GPE rom on my One and it's...magical (but not really...but it is close enough).

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I don't see why anyone would want this phone more than the HTC One or Nexus 5. I'm running a GPE rom on my One and it's...magical (but not really...but it is close enough).

Not knowing what the Nexus 5 is, I could easily argue for getting a known quantity versus a gamble.

Versus the HTC One, I think the two devices are very comparable out of the box. With the GPe edition... personally I like the Sense One more than the GPe version, but I think you did the smart thing and got the Sense one and flashed GPe, meaning you can always go back if you decide you want to play with Sense again. Not sure if that's possible the other direction or not.

The One has a much better screen. people love the build materials, a 100MAh edge on the battery capacity and 2 extra cores in it's S600. On battery life, software functionality, software speeds, button configuration, camera and on the customization front, the One may have just been trounced, but at the least it's been caught. It's very interesting to compare the two, being two distinct paradigms of how to tackle smart phones and what smartphones are for... much more interesting than the S4 vs Moto X comparison.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay