so what is everyone's main complaints of the phone?

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious what everyone's main gripes are with this phone. From what I've read ,it seems like the phone has a lot of potential. The hardware seems good enough and solid, and if they can really get all day (24 hour) that could be a game changer.

So really, why is everyone complaining. I think iPhone proved that specs aren't everything. Software plays as much, if not more, of a part.

Not thrilled the screen is amoled, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: so what is everyones main complaints of tge phobe?

I'm curious what everyone's main gripes are with this phone. From what I've read ,it seems like the phone has a lot of potential. The hardware seems good enough and solid, and if they can really get all day (24 hour) that could be a game changer.

So really, why is everyone complaining. I think iPhone proved that specs aren't everything. Software plays as much, if not more, of a part.

Not thrilled the screen is amoled, though.

I hope you can edit this title because it hurts my eyes.

But my main complaint with this phone atm is that I don't know WHEN and the price that it'll be available on T-Mo. If I have to switch to AT&T to get custom I likely will. But I wish they released the entire roadmap of availability already.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

My only complaints are that the 32b version is exclusive to AT&T and that Moto Maker will be delayed for Verizon.

Neither are deal breakers, though. I'll still likely get it the first day.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: so what is everyones main complaints of the phone?

Is the specs thing a big deal, though. While I'm obviously not fully sold in it yet (need reviews) I would think that whatever software things they will do will make up for it.

Right now I'm between either this or the HTC ONE GE. or I might just wait and see what the nexus 5 is,lol

- - - Updated - - -

I gotta think that's a timed exclusive or the 32gb will be available on Google play soon.

Demur

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site

Is the specs thing a big deal, though. While I'm obviously not fully sold in it yet (need reviews) I would think that whatever software things they will do will make up for it.

Right now I'm between either this or the HTC ONE GE. or I might just wait and see what the nexus 5 is,lol

- - - Updated - - -

I gotta think that's a timed exclusive or the 32gb will be available on Google play soon.

Beware that the HTC One GE is missing important support for T-Mobile's network. The version that T-Mobile sells has the fullest support for T-Mobile, as well as support for AT&T equal to the GE version (to the best of my knowledge -- haven't heard otherwise). I think people have figured out how to convert T-Mobile versions to GE software, but I'm not sure. I think the articles I've seen so far about a Google Play version of the Moto X have said it will only be the 16GB version, which if true is asinine. But so far almost everything about this seems to be asinine, so wouldn't surprise me now.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

I can echo the exclusivity as a complaint, but as for the rest, I haven't seen it. So I can't complain.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Release dates!!!! Why have such an event but you can't tell us when we can get it.... LAME.

And am I correct that only certain carries are getting the motomaker first? If this is true, that's just plain stupid.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

I'm not a fan of the exclusives given to AT&T, but I imagine they were made in exchange for even more marketing (or floor space prominence) so it might make sense for Motorola. I also would like to see the unlocked version sold online sooner rather than later.

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

Main complaint is Verizon bloat. So sick of this crap.
A lesser complaint is the screen quality (I keep hearing it's "just OK"). But I'll reserve this judgment until I see it in person

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Carrier exclusives, lack of global availability, tech blog comments.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

My only complaint is about the storage. But other than that it seems like a pretty solid handset.

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

I hope you can edit this title because it hurts my eyes.

But my main complaint with this phone atm is that I don't know WHEN and the price that it'll be available on T-Mo. If I have to switch to AT&T to get custom I likely will. But I wish they released the entire roadmap of availability already.

You are really going to switch TO AT&T....for a special plastic back?

Proof of market.

Posted via Android Central App

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

My only complaints are that the 32b version is exclusive to AT&T and that Moto Maker will be delayed for Verizon.

Neither are deal breakers, though. I'll still likely get it the first day.

Have you had a phone with an amoled display? Do you only use your phone in the dark?

anon(5982890)

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Price and availability.

The Optimus G pro has nearly the same internal specs as the Galaxy S4 and HTC One (1.7ghz Snapdragon 600, 2gb Ram, 32gb storage, 5.5 inch display, 13MP rear-facing camera and 2.1MP front camera, 3140mah battery, wireless charging, IR Remote Control, SD-Card slot). It costs $439 off contract from AT&T. The Moto X is quite inferior in comparison - it should not command a price any higher than $350.

Also, there is no reason this phone shouldn't be available directly from Motorola unlocked and bloatware free, from day one.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

The Moto X is quite inferior in comparison - it should not command a price any higher than $350.

Except for the fact that it's made in the US, where workers are not paid slave wages like they are in Asia.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site

For me, it's the lack of storage options. Really...16gb on Verizon? Ugh. I may go with the Maxx now bleh

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Except for the fact that it's made in the US, where workers are not paid slave wages like they are in Asia.

Its snapped together in the us (assembled), not made in the us. Too much is made overseas to qualify for "made".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

Its snapped together in the us (assembled), not made in the us.

So your point is...what? Those people working in the factories don't deserve more than the slave wages that are paid to their Asian counterparts?

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

So your point is...what? Those people working in the factories don't deserve more than the slave wages that are paid to their Asian counterparts?

"Made in the USA" has an actual FTC definition is the point.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

I have a ton of problems with this phone. What's strange is that I actual love the design and probably would have bought it yesterday if it would have come out in a 64gb variant. But now I'm not even considering it. Here are my complaints:
1. Only 16gb and 32gb and the 32gb is exclusive to AT&T. I have AT&T and even I don't think that's fair.
2. Off contract pricing is ridiculous. And it seems that they're really pushing this as a carrier phone considering a version that you order straight from Motorola for full price with no bloat doesn't seem to exist (yet).
3. I didn't have a problem with the screen until Phil said that he could, in fact, tell the difference between 720p and 1080p. It might have been a decent trade off if the phone were cheaper, but it isn't, so I don't see the trade off worth it.
4. I hate how they keep calling this phone a game changer when it isn't. Customizing a phone is a great idea but I'd rather have an uncustomized HTC One than a customized Moto X.
5. They're treating the European market like ****. This doesn't impact me in any way, but I know that many people overseas were looking forward to this phone and now will never get it.
6. The fact that this had any Google involvement at all is killing me. What happened to "Don't be evil." In my opinion, this phone is striving to be what Google has tried so hard not to be. It's a carrier phone, has mid-range specs at a top tier price, and it's trying so hard to only hit one target market: the average consumer. And it makes it that much worse that Google is going to spend five hundred million marketing this phone when they could use that money to market the Nexus line.