08-19-2013 09:11 AM
109 ... 345
tools
    The Mini DOES NOT have active notifications. For some reason, they use a different screen. It is a TFT LCD on the Mini vs. AMOLED on the other phones. On an AMOLED, you can only light the pixels you want. On and LCD you have to light the whole screen. Active notifications on an LCD would murder the battery on the Mini.
    The Mini has a TFT LCD display, but according to Verizon and hands on reviews from the launch it DOES have active notifications. Active notifications can be run on any type of display, there's an app for something very similar in the Play Store.
    08-18-2013 11:38 AM
    The Maxx is 8mm compared to the 10 on the X, so not really much bulkier.

Posted via Android Central App
    Well that depends on how you measure bulk. The maxx is thinner, but it is also taller and wider. I suspect you will 'feel it' more in your pocket. Literally and figuratively. :-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    08-18-2013 12:04 PM
    Don't see it on their site, even with a ctrl-f search.
    08-18-2013 02:35 PM
    Don't see it on their site, even with a ctrl-f search.
    Scroll to the bottom of the page. Click on the Specs tab. The right hand column is "Specifications." From the list:

Display
    4.3 edgetoedge HD TFT display, 1280 x 720 Screen Resolution

And from the middle column, "Communication":

Active display lowpower notification system displays alerts so you can avoid constantly waking your phone.
    08-18-2013 02:37 PM
    The Mini has a TFT LCD display, but according to Verizon and hands on reviews from the launch it DOES have active notifications. Active notifications can be run on any type of display, there's an app for something very similar in the Play Store.
    I'll be very interested to see what that does to the battery life.
    08-18-2013 04:47 PM
    I'm curious, does anyone have a link to a good review of the mini? I looked at several, but none said anything about active notifications. I did see this one.

They didn't talk about it, but if you go to 2:50 in the video, near the end, you see it with the screen off. There appears to be an LED flashing in the upper left corner. The active notification comes on when the phone is picked up.

It makes me wonder if they set it up differently. Did they include the LED to let you know you should pick it up? If so, this would address the battery depleting caused from breathing the backlight. IDK
    08-18-2013 05:13 PM
    I'm curious, does anyone have a link to a good review of the mini? I looked at several, but none said anything about active notifications. I did see this one.

They didn't talk about it, but if you go to 2:50 in the video, near the end, you see it with the screen off. There appears to be an LED flashing in the upper left corner. The active notification comes on when the phone is picked up.

It makes me wonder if they set it up differently. Did they include the LED to let you know you should pick it up? If so, this would address the battery depleting caused from breathing the backlight. IDK
    Interesting. Definitely looks like a notification LED.
    08-18-2013 08:57 PM

that was kind of adorable. go motorola!
    08-18-2013 10:45 PM
    That video def looks like active notification flashing at the end. Hmmmm

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4
    08-19-2013 09:11 AM
109 ... 345