Does the Moto X's 720p screen really matter?

Does the Moto X's 720p screen really matter:

• Total voters

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Was just wondering what everyone's opinions are of this.

I read soo much hate on the screen, so here's a poll! Let's figure this out...

Last edited:

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Who really cares about the screen?

Not a concern for me either. However the quality of the screen is what's important to me. Until I can see one in person, I won't know if it's a disappointment or not.

Posted via Android Central App

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
720p screen is a perfect trade off for improved battery life. What's the logical point of such a high density screen if ur only going to be able to see it for 2 hours tops! Smh!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Seriously.. Who here, Really cares about the screen being 720p? I sure as h*** don't.. You know why? because I've used 720p device's that actually looked sharper then 1080p devices (example my TV is 720p, my old one was 1080, and its more crisp and looks a lot better).. ALSO, it helps with battery, which is more important to me at this time in the game.

and please don't even get me started with the spec's, which may be a bit "out-dated", but are optimized and programed ALOT differently then the standard Phone/Tablet.

Wow. Just wow.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Quality of the display trumps pixel count, but all other things equal more pixels is probably better... to a point, where power consumption is a tradeoff, so diminishing returns in cost for reward.

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
18 hours into it, and I'm fine with it.

And that's coming from the HTC One.

Well, then I'm definitely looking forward to the AC review. Maybe the Galaxy Nexus amoled just left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm jumping the gun on the X display.

That's actually good to hear. On a side note, is that 18 hours on one charge?

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't matter to me, I never rly cared much for the hype of screens. My old n7 and new n7 basically look the same to me so I doubt it would even bother me at all on a 4.7" screen.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
It would be for me. We have to look at it everyday. Plus for the same price there are other devices out there with better screens and cpu. Unless the x was cheap I would pass. I was gonna grab one as a backup phone to my HTC one but I guess I will just wait to see what the next nexus device has to offer.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Pixel density is important to a point and I believe 720p is just fine on smaller screen displays. What is most important, as others have indicated, is the quality. Color reproduction, white balance, contrasts, brightness, etc. Those are things that I look for.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I can easily tell the screen improvement of my new N7 over my old one, but that's a 7 inch screen. I can't see any meaningful difference between the new 1080p N7 and my 720p N4 screen, so it seems like a smart trade off to extend battery life to me.

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
720p RGB OLED versus 1080p PenTile AMOLED.

This 720p display has the potential to look much better in comparison to 1080p PenTile displays in the Galaxy S4 and others than the numbers themselves would suggest. Obviously it's a wait and see situation, but I don't think it's nearly as disappointing as one may initially think.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
The 720p screen should be fine. My Nexus 4 screen looks amazing. I wouldn't need anything sharper than that. However, if I had to choose between two smartphones and one was 720 and the other was 1080 and the cost was the same, I'm going with the higher resolution. I can't tell the difference on phone screens, but I can tell the difference with tablets. My Nexus 7 (2013) looks a lot better than my original N7.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles