08-20-2013 09:43 PM
45 12
tools
    You could definitely get away with the Anker Mini. It is a small barrel that will fit in any purse or pocket. If you are only using it for short durations to charge until you can get to a regular wall charger, it will last a while.

When you need to recharge the external battery, it will take a while as the capacity is much more than a regular phone.
    08-15-2013 02:24 PM
    For some reason i've never heard of power packs until i went to the motorola site last night. lol. I'm totally getting one. Even though i know the X battery life is really good, i am uber forgetful of charging my phone and these look really handy. (replacing batteries, lol). But i'd prefer get one less expensive than on their site. Something like this.

Theirs: Universal Power Packs-Slim Series-A Google Company

and then on amazon they have similar stuff:
    Good rating on amazon but less $.

They're all good for all phones, right? No sort of amps issues or any other technical thing i need to pay attention to? the pack on the motorola site is .5 amps, and many on amazon are 1amp, is that okay? Won't hurt my phone and/or battery?
    eye, they sell a ton of Mobile batteries at BestBuy. Fairly priced too.
    08-15-2013 09:14 PM
    Grrrr. the cases are so cute. I feel like this design is not going to be knock-off'd exactly as is,...

so expensive, but so perfect. $35! booo. . adorable.
    Pro Shell Case for Moto X by Incase-A Google Company

Comes in yellow and blue as well. But i want that pewter.

(There's a plain clear one that'll be knocked off easily enough though)
    08-17-2013 08:22 AM
    Incipio has some cases that are available now and some that are coming soon.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=qroWKO3z

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    08-17-2013 09:04 AM
    just fyi for those of you who use a screen protector, Phantom Skinz says their moto x protector will be out a few days after the release. Just fyi in case anyone is a fan of PS. I learned about them on AC's sister site, WebOs nation, a few years ago from this post:

http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ja-fortte.html

and they really are great. Just a word to the wise, if you go with Phantom Skinz, scour the web for instructions and follow everyone's advice to a T. Not the easiest protector to apply but better than having an orange peel feel.
    08-17-2013 03:52 PM
    Found a site with 3 TPU cases for the Moto X

Agent18 Moto X Cases
    08-19-2013 11:44 AM
    Found a site with 3 TPU cases for the Moto X

Agent18 Moto X Cases
    that manhattan is gorgeous. :O

08-19-2013 12:08 PM
    Should look good with a black phone.

I prefer thinner cases that do not come above the screen. My preferred case would be a Case-Mate Barely There or an Incipio Feather.
    08-19-2013 12:24 PM
    Should look good with a black phone.

I prefer thinner cases that do not come above the screen. My preferred case would be a Case-Mate Barely There or an Incipio Feather.
    Do you think I could still get good protection from those? I drop my phones. A lot. Of course Ill try to be very careful, nothing can be as hardy as the phone I have now (Pre) but babys milk money I drop this thing a dozen times before I retire it, Ill also have screen protector on it. Think if I get one of those whisper thin cases where it doesnt come above the front I could still have protection from 4 foot drops? My preference is always to minimize size and bulk but still minimize risk.

Daamn, that site you posted has some pretty sexy cases in general (not the lace..*hork*). i look foward to more of their X stuff.
    08-19-2013 12:31 PM
    Screen protectors are for scratches. Unless you keep diamonds in your pocket, you don't have to worry about using one. Dropping your phone may cause your screen to shatter, and there's nothing a thin film of plastic is going to do about that.
    JoseGui likes this.
    08-19-2013 12:34 PM
    Screen protectors are for scratches. Unless you keep diamonds in your pocket, you don't have to worry about using one.
    i have micro scratches on my pre when i don't use a screen protector and i heard even people with S4 Gorilla Glass 3 have micro scratches. Would a fall not do it? Actually, now that i think about it, since i live in manhattan and our streets are made of concrete, then my dog park has it's own special blend of freaky sandy stuff. I *was* thinking about going naked, but i'd hate for my beautiful screen to get microscratches. I dunno, GG3 says "more resistant to scratches", that doesn't make me feel too safe. : \

i dunno, i've never had a GG3 phone. (and mo's is just gg, oh, it's actually "magic glass", lol)
    08-19-2013 12:38 PM
    Haven't seen any scratches on the GS4 yet, and I go to the beach quite a lot. My three-year old Droid X has two tiny little scratches on it, but maybe that's from the 20+ times I've dropped it from chest height face-down onto asphalt. And that thing has the original Gorilla Glass. It's tough stuff.

The GS4's screen is exceptional at exploding on the slightest of impacts, but scratch it does not. At least not in my experience.

Anyway, these "micro scratches" are things you can't even see unless the screen is off and you're holding right up to your nose. My phones are naked, forever and always. I'm raunchy like that.
    Paisley and ultravisitor like this.
    08-19-2013 12:44 PM
    Haven't seen any scratches on the GS4 yet, and I go to the beach quite a lot. My three-year old Droid X has two tiny little scratches on it, but maybe that's from the 20+ times I've dropped it from chest height face-down onto asphalt. And that thing has the original Gorilla Glass. It's tough stuff.

The GS4's screen is exceptional at exploding on the slightest of impacts, but scratch it does not. At least not in my experience.

Anyway, these "micro scratches" are things you can't even see unless the screen is off and you're holding right up to your nose. My phones are naked, forever and always. I'm raunchy like that.
    Hmmm. Ill look into that. Maybe Ill just get a neoprene pouch for when I throw phone into my bag. I can always inspect it daily and then cover it at any sign of a micro scratch. I took my protector and case off my pre a couple weeks ago as an ode to it before I retire it, lol, the screen was so flawless and beautiful. Oh man, this X better make my damn lunch, lol. But anyway, and actually the Pre screen has held up pretty well since then.

Thanks.
    08-19-2013 12:54 PM
    Do you think I could still get good protection from those? I drop my phones. A lot. Of course Ill try to be very careful, nothing can be as hardy as the phone I have now (Pre) but babys milk money I drop this thing a dozen times before I retire it, Ill also have screen protector on it. Think if I get one of those whisper thin cases where it doesnt come above the front I could still have protection from 4 foot drops? My preference is always to minimize size and bulk but still minimize risk.

Daamn, that site you posted has some pretty sexy cases in general (not the lace..*hork*). i look foward to more of their X stuff.
    Most thin and light cases will only protect the back and corners from drops and everyday wear. These cases are typically made from hard plastic.

TPU cases offer a little more protection during a drop as well as somewhat protecting the screen when you place it face down on a desk.

You can start with a cheap TPU case to see if you like it before buying a more expensive case. There is always the otterbox for the really clumsy people.

08-19-2013 01:51 PM
    Most thin and light cases will only protect the back and corners from drops and everyday wear. These cases are typically made from hard plastic.

TPU cases offer a little more protection during a drop as well as somewhat protecting the screen when you place it face down on a desk.

You can start with a cheap TPU case to see if you like it before buying a more expensive case. There is always the otterbox for the really clumsy people.

yeah, just bought one off ebay. i used silicone with my BB and liked it, so i def. like soft cases. I'm too cheap to buy a $30 case anyway. lol. Not gonna happen.
    08-19-2013 02:06 PM
    Haven't seen any scratches on the GS4 yet, and I go to the beach quite a lot.
    I've had the Galaxy Nexus since release day and I have two small scratches from going to the beach. I got them a few months after buying the phone. It's not really that big of deal. The GN didn't have Gorilla glass.
    Paisley likes this.
    08-19-2013 02:16 PM
    I've had the Galaxy Nexus since release day and I have two small scratches from going to the beach. I got them a few months after buying the phone. It's not really that big of deal. The GN didn't have Gorilla glass.
    I got a couple micro scratches on my GN too, so I put on an XO skin on. The scratches could not be seen then, and it looked great for over a year.

I will go naked again, and skin if I get scratches that bother me. Hoping the better glass allows me to stay naked.
    08-19-2013 04:26 PM

I have two decent scratches on my RAZR, but they are not noticeable with the screen on. I can feel them, but they are not bad enough to make me want a screen protector. The only thing I wish there was protection for is the lens cover on the camera. I wish there was a physical shade to prevent oil, dirt, and scratches.
    08-19-2013 10:38 PM
    Just ordered my screen protectors from Motorola...

Figured I can order a case when I do my custom order but don't want to be caught without something to protect the screen.
    08-20-2013 09:11 PM
    Otterbox has the Defender and Commuter for the Moto X. I'm sporting the Commuter on my Atrix 4G and it's a great case.

Motorola Moto X cases by OtterBox
    08-20-2013 09:43 PM
45 12