Anyone know of accessories yet?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
this is what I was looking for:
Navigation Dock for Moto X by Griffin - A Google Company

Im going to ASSUME that it will charge and play audio through the case, since the case blocks the headphone jack and charging port.. if it doesnt.. then its the worst case ever built..

I'd not assume that. My guess would be Bluetooth and charging out of luck. I hope you're correct and I'm wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I'd not assume that. My guess would be Bluetooth and charging out of luck. I hope you're correct and I'm wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

ah, :D, i am totally ignorant of cars, so there ya go. :D. However, that item is only $40, and on griffin's regular site they have docks that accomodate charging but they are closer to the $80 range and their non-charging ones are closer to $40.

plus, they would say on the site i think, the descriptions aren't *so* stark that they would omit "charging". but... still, i'd go by price and check griffs site to see what they charge for similar stuff to what people are looking for, i don't understand anything on their site having to do with car stuff so i can attest to nothing.

yeah, upon further thought, this thing that it looks like people are looking for, would not cost $40. Plastic cases that hold phones are often $30, so a well built car dock that accommodates charging is prob more than $40, especially a new model by griffin. 99.8% sure that one just holds the phone. sry!

Last edited:

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
For some reason i've never heard of power packs until i went to the motorola site last night. lol. I'm totally getting one. Even though i know the X battery life is really good, i am uber forgetful of charging my phone and these look really handy. (replacing batteries, lol). But i'd prefer get one less expensive than on their site. Something like this.

Theirs: Universal Power Packs-Slim Series-A Google Company

and then on amazon they have similar stuff:
Good rating on amazon but less $.

They're all good for all phones, right? No sort of amps issues or any other technical thing i need to pay attention to? the pack on the motorola site is .5 amps, and many on amazon are 1amp, is that okay? Won't hurt my phone and/or battery?

Last edited:

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
For some reason i've never heard of power packs until i went to the motorola site last night. lol. I'm totally getting one. Even though i know the X battery life is really good, i am uber forgetful of charging my phone and these look really handy. (replacing batteries, lol). But i'd prefer get one less expensive than on their site. Something like this.

They're all good for all phones, right? No sort of amps issues or any other technical thing i need to pay attention to? the pack on the motorola site is .5 amps, and many on amazon are 1amp, is that okay? Won't hurt my phone and/or battery?

I have an Anker Astro 3E that I use for myself. It is a 10,000 mAh external battery that is good for 4-5 full charges of my phone.

My girlfriend has the Anker Astro Mini 3000 mAh. She likes the small size for putting in her purse and will provide her iphone 2 full charges.

The girlfriend's dad has an Anker Astro Slim2 4500 mAh. I think that one is good for 2-3 full charges of an iphone.

Friends have purchased RAVPower branded external batteries and are pleased with them. I have only purchased Anker brand and have had no trouble charging Android phones/tablets and Apple products.

The number of full charges from an external battery depends on the size of your phone/tablet battery.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I have an Anker Astro 3E that I use for myself. It is a 10,000 mAh external battery that is good for 4-5 full charges of my phone.

My girlfriend has the Anker Astro Mini 3000 mAh. She likes the small size for putting in her purse and will provide her iphone 2 full charges.

The girlfriend's dad has an Anker Astro Slim2 4500 mAh. I think that one is good for 2-3 full charges of an iphone.

Friends have purchased RAVPower branded external batteries and are pleased with them. I have only purchased Anker brand and have had no trouble charging Android phones/tablets and Apple products.

The number of full charges from an external battery depends on the size of your phone/tablet battery.

Awesome. man, i have been messing with my Palm pre battery forever. Trying to label them so i don't mix them up after i take one out, having to charge one in my phone to charge it. lol. One more happy dance for me. Thanks!

and now i see motorola's version is on amz for $17, lol, and it's $40 on their site. But they only have 4 stars, so i'll grab a smaller one for the purse, 3000 is still pretty good!. I'll only ever need it for a tiny bit of charge for when i forget at both home and work for some reason. thanks.

man, the moto x *already* hooked me up, lol, i probably would never have known these existed.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
You could definitely get away with the Anker Mini. It is a small barrel that will fit in any purse or pocket. If you are only using it for short durations to charge until you can get to a regular wall charger, it will last a while.

When you need to recharge the external battery, it will take a while as the capacity is much more than a regular phone.

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

Theirs: Universal Power Packs-Slim Series-A Google Company

and then on amazon they have similar stuff:
Good rating on amazon but less $.

eye, they sell a ton of Mobile batteries at BestBuy. Fairly priced too.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Grrrr. the cases are so cute. I feel like this design is not going to be knock-off'd exactly as is,...

proshell-clear-black-540.png

so expensive, but so perfect. $35! booo. :D. adorable.
Pro Shell Case for Moto X by Incase-A Google Company

Comes in yellow and blue as well. But i want that pewter.

(There's a plain clear one that'll be knocked off easily enough though)

Last edited:

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
just fyi for those of you who use a screen protector, Phantom Skinz says their moto x protector will be out a few days after the release. Just fyi in case anyone is a fan of PS. I learned about them on AC's sister site, WebOs nation, a few years ago from this post:

http://forums.webosnation.com/webos...t-skins-ever-clear-coat-zagg-vaja-fortte.html

and they really are great. Just a word to the wise, if you go with Phantom Skinz, scour the web for instructions and follow everyone's advice to a T. Not the easiest protector to apply but better than having an orange peel feel.

Last edited:

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Should look good with a black phone.

I prefer thinner cases that do not come above the screen. My preferred case would be a Case-Mate Barely There or an Incipio Feather.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Should look good with a black phone.

I prefer thinner cases that do not come above the screen. My preferred case would be a Case-Mate Barely There or an Incipio Feather.

Do you think I could still get good protection from those? I drop my phones. A lot. Of course I?ll try to be very careful, nothing can be as hardy as the phone I have now (Pre) but baby?s milk money I drop this thing a dozen times before I retire it, I?ll also have screen protector on it. Think if I get one of those whisper thin cases where it doesn?t come above the front I could still have protection from 4 foot drops? My preference is always to minimize size and bulk but still minimize risk.

Daamn, that site you posted has some pretty sexy cases in general (not the lace..*hork*). i look foward to more of their X stuff.

Last edited:

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Screen protectors are for scratches. Unless you keep diamonds in your pocket, you don't have to worry about using one. Dropping your phone may cause your screen to shatter, and there's nothing a thin film of plastic is going to do about that.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Screen protectors are for scratches. Unless you keep diamonds in your pocket, you don't have to worry about using one.

i have micro scratches on my pre when i don't use a screen protector and i heard even people with S4 Gorilla Glass 3 have micro scratches. Would a fall not do it? Actually, now that i think about it, since i live in manhattan and our streets are made of concrete, then my dog park has it's own special blend of freaky sandy stuff. I *was* thinking about going naked, but i'd hate for my beautiful screen to get microscratches. I dunno, GG3 says "more resistant to scratches", that doesn't make me feel too safe. : \

i dunno, i've never had a GG3 phone. (and mo's is just gg, oh, it's actually "magic glass", lol)

Last edited:

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Haven't seen any scratches on the GS4 yet, and I go to the beach quite a lot. My three-year old Droid X has two tiny little scratches on it, but maybe that's from the 20+ times I've dropped it from chest height face-down onto asphalt. And that thing has the original Gorilla Glass. It's tough stuff.

The GS4's screen is exceptional at exploding on the slightest of impacts, but scratch it does not. At least not in my experience.

Anyway, these "micro scratches" are things you can't even see unless the screen is off and you're holding right up to your nose. My phones are naked, forever and always. I'm raunchy like that.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Haven't seen any scratches on the GS4 yet, and I go to the beach quite a lot. My three-year old Droid X has two tiny little scratches on it, but maybe that's from the 20+ times I've dropped it from chest height face-down onto asphalt. And that thing has the original Gorilla Glass. It's tough stuff.

The GS4's screen is exceptional at exploding on the slightest of impacts, but scratch it does not. At least not in my experience.

Anyway, these "micro scratches" are things you can't even see unless the screen is off and you're holding right up to your nose. My phones are naked, forever and always. I'm raunchy like that.

Hmmm. I?ll look into that. Maybe I?ll just get a neoprene pouch for when I throw phone into my bag. I can always inspect it daily and then cover it at any sign of a micro scratch. I took my protector and case off my pre a couple weeks ago as an ode to it before I retire it, lol, the screen was so flawless and beautiful. Oh man, this X better make my damn lunch, lol. But anyway, and actually the Pre screen has held up pretty well since then.

Thanks.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Do you think I could still get good protection from those? I drop my phones. A lot. Of course I?ll try to be very careful, nothing can be as hardy as the phone I have now (Pre) but baby?s milk money I drop this thing a dozen times before I retire it, I?ll also have screen protector on it. Think if I get one of those whisper thin cases where it doesn?t come above the front I could still have protection from 4 foot drops? My preference is always to minimize size and bulk but still minimize risk.

Daamn, that site you posted has some pretty sexy cases in general (not the lace..*hork*). i look foward to more of their X stuff.

Most thin and light cases will only protect the back and corners from drops and everyday wear. These cases are typically made from hard plastic.

TPU cases offer a little more protection during a drop as well as somewhat protecting the screen when you place it face down on a desk.

You can start with a cheap TPU case to see if you like it before buying a more expensive case. There is always the otterbox for the really clumsy people.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Most thin and light cases will only protect the back and corners from drops and everyday wear. These cases are typically made from hard plastic.

TPU cases offer a little more protection during a drop as well as somewhat protecting the screen when you place it face down on a desk.

You can start with a cheap TPU case to see if you like it before buying a more expensive case. There is always the otterbox for the really clumsy people.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

yeah, just bought one off ebay. i used silicone with my BB and liked it, so i def. like soft cases. I'm too cheap to buy a $30 case anyway. lol. Not gonna happen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie