Anyone know of accessories yet?

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey, Does any of you have ANY idea's of what accessories will be and look like (kinda actually pissed about the no wireless charging but w.e would've been sweet for a car dock).. ANYWAY, anyone know or hear of any details of accessories, like dock's and what not?

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
If nothing was announced with it, no. There will be tons of cheap stuff pushed out soon, but the official stuff will take a bit longer.

Sent from my HTC One with MoDaCo.SWITCH Beta 8 using Mobile Nations mobile app

DJBigBenVA

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I hope there is more than the Sol Republic partnership. I need a nice car dock. Were part of the Motorola layoffs the accessories division?

Posted via Android Central App

Chiplg

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I hope there is more than the Sol Republic partnership. I need a nice car dock. Were part of the Motorola layoffs the accessories division?

Posted via Android Central App

I hope not. I'm not looking at the X anymore, but I am looking at the Maxx. I need a good car dock. I used a third party holder (they really aren't docks) for my RAZR while I was waiting on the dock. It was painful.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
There's a few cases on ebay already, I'm kinda tempted to buy a $5 silicone case just told hold me over from the day i get the phone before i choose my case. And it takes Phantom Skinz a few days to come out with shields for new phones so i might have to get a super cheap screen protector too.

a cheap screen protector can't damage my screen, right?

moto x in Cell Phone Accessories | eBay

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
They announced that a bunch of case manufacturers are on board. Plus the headphones, earbuds and Deck speaker.

How much more you need? lol

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Some of these cases have a galaxy home button. I dunno if I can trust them to make a moto x case if the renders have the physical home button :p

Sent from the heartland of Africa

Chiplg

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I want a car dock :)

- - - Updated - - -

I want a car dock :)

Exactly! A real car dock, not just some holder. I have an AMPS pattern console mounted plate, ball mount, and my car dock. When looking at a phone, if there isn't a phone specific dock to take the place of my RAZR mount, I'll find another phone that does. It is the one feature I have to have. I don't care what the dock costs. I used a generic dock for my RAZR until I got the real thing. No way will I ever do that again. It worked, but I hated it. I want a dock that the phone will snap into securely and have built in connections for power and audio. If every manufacturer stopped making them, I'd buy a 3D printer just so I could make one.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Exactly! A real car dock, not just some holder. I have an AMPS pattern console mounted plate, ball mount, and my car dock. When looking at a phone, if there isn't a phone specific dock to take the place of my RAZR mount, I'll find another phone that does. It is the one feature I have to have. I don't care what the dock costs. I used a generic dock for my RAZR until I got the real thing. No way will I ever do that again. It worked, but I hated it. I want a dock that the phone will snap into securely and have built in connections for power and audio. If every manufacturer stopped making them, I'd buy a 3D printer just so I could make one.

Are any of these it? Docks. Well, only 2 are X but i don't know anything about cars to tell if that's what you're talking about. : )

and here's the smattering they have up as well, it's for all modern motorolas, not just the x but a couple there... Accessories

Last edited:

Chiplg

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Are any of these it? Docks. Well, only 2 are X but i don't know anything about cars to tell if that's what you're talking about. : )

and here's the smattering they have up as well, it's for all modern motorolas, not just the x but a couple there... Accessories

This worries me. The car dock for the Moto X on Motorola's own site is made by a third party, and it only states that it puts the phone in vehicle mode. It says nothing about charging or audio. The rear shot looks good. I can remove the suction cup, and it will fit my ball mount. It appears to hold the phone well, but it is either incomplete, or their description is lacking. Looks like the put the new pages up before they were done changing the site. So there is hope.

At this time I'm leaning towards the Droid Maxx, but if they don't come up with an acceptable car dock, I'll wait to see what LG does on the G2.

I don't care if Motorola has given up on making docks and is letting a third party do it, as long as it is done it right. I'm looking for a dock that fits the phone properly (not a generic clamp), fits my ball mount, or an AMPS pattern plate, and provides integrated power. With wireless charging, the power should be easier to integrate than ever. I can go without integrated audio if I get the rest. My next stereo will have Bluetooth anyway. I was less than pleased at how the RAZR vehicle dock USB charging/audio cable worked with music, but not speaker phone. I sometimes bypass the integrated cable and plug directly into the audio jack on the phone. Shame, I paid somewhere around $30 for the integrated USB/Audio cable in addition to the price of the car dock.

Edit: Yeah, Motorola is rebuilding their site. Droid pages are there, but not linked from the homepage (Google search found them). Also, most of the pages are not rendering correctly for me, and some links don't do anything. I really wish companies would finish re-building their sites first and then post the final version. I'll hold my final judgment of their docks until I can see them, or they get their site finished.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site