08-20-2013 10:43 PM
45 12
tools
    Hey, Does any of you have ANY idea's of what accessories will be and look like (kinda actually pissed about the no wireless charging but w.e would've been sweet for a car dock).. ANYWAY, anyone know or hear of any details of accessories, like dock's and what not?
    08-01-2013 10:56 PM
    If nothing was announced with it, no. There will be tons of cheap stuff pushed out soon, but the official stuff will take a bit longer.

Sent from my HTC One with MoDaCo.SWITCH Beta 8 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    08-01-2013 11:24 PM
    Yea i figured, but I thought some of us geeks would have some leaked schtuff lol
    08-04-2013 12:22 AM
    The only accessories I know of so far are the cases, speaker, and headphones that were announced with it.
    08-04-2013 12:40 AM
    I hope there is more than the Sol Republic partnership. I need a nice car dock. Were part of the Motorola layoffs the accessories division?

Posted via Android Central App
    08-04-2013 09:48 AM
    I hope there is more than the Sol Republic partnership. I need a nice car dock. Were part of the Motorola layoffs the accessories division?

Posted via Android Central App
    I hope not. I'm not looking at the X anymore, but I am looking at the Maxx. I need a good car dock. I used a third party holder (they really aren't docks) for my RAZR while I was waiting on the dock. It was painful.
    08-04-2013 11:26 AM
    Just in case you need to make your Moto X look like a Droid....
    08-09-2013 09:38 AM
    Some Moto X accessories are already out in Amazon. You can find some somples below.

Is there anyone else that has found more?
    Awesome! Dude.
    08-10-2013 12:21 AM
    There's a few cases on ebay already, I'm kinda tempted to buy a $5 silicone case just told hold me over from the day i get the phone before i choose my case. And it takes Phantom Skinz a few days to come out with shields for new phones so i might have to get a super cheap screen protector too.

a cheap screen protector can't damage my screen, right?

moto x in Cell Phone Accessories | eBay
    08-10-2013 12:44 AM
    They announced that a bunch of case manufacturers are on board. Plus the headphones, earbuds and Deck speaker.

How much more you need? lol
    Nothavingit likes this.
    08-10-2013 10:26 AM
    I saw a "coming soon" section for the Moto X on seidioonline.com

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2
    08-10-2013 11:59 AM
    This is Android's version of the iPhone. There will be a ton of accessories produced for this phone.
    08-10-2013 03:59 PM
    They announced that a bunch of case manufacturers are on board. Plus the headphones, earbuds and Deck speaker.

I want a car dock

- - - Updated - - -

I want a car dock
    Chiplg likes this.
    08-11-2013 04:07 PM
    This is Android's version of the iPhone.
    eiw.
    08-11-2013 04:40 PM
    Some of these cases have a galaxy home button. I dunno if I can trust them to make a moto x case if the renders have the physical home button :P

Sent from the heartland of Africa
    jephanie likes this.
    08-11-2013 04:59 PM
    I want a car dock

- - - Updated - - -

I want a car dock

Exactly! A real car dock, not just some holder. I have an AMPS pattern console mounted plate, ball mount, and my car dock. When looking at a phone, if there isn't a phone specific dock to take the place of my RAZR mount, I'll find another phone that does. It is the one feature I have to have. I don't care what the dock costs. I used a generic dock for my RAZR until I got the real thing. No way will I ever do that again. It worked, but I hated it. I want a dock that the phone will snap into securely and have built in connections for power and audio. If every manufacturer stopped making them, I'd buy a 3D printer just so I could make one.
    wkearney99 likes this.
    08-11-2013 05:50 PM
    Exactly! A real car dock, not just some holder. I have an AMPS pattern console mounted plate, ball mount, and my car dock. When looking at a phone, if there isn't a phone specific dock to take the place of my RAZR mount, I'll find another phone that does. It is the one feature I have to have. I don't care what the dock costs. I used a generic dock for my RAZR until I got the real thing. No way will I ever do that again. It worked, but I hated it. I want a dock that the phone will snap into securely and have built in connections for power and audio. If every manufacturer stopped making them, I'd buy a 3D printer just so I could make one.
    Are any of these it? Docks. Well, only 2 are X but i don't know anything about cars to tell if that's what you're talking about. : )

and here's the smattering they have up as well, it's for all modern motorolas, not just the x but a couple there... Accessories
    Gamer_Radar likes this.
    08-14-2013 10:28 PM
    Are any of these it? Docks. Well, only 2 are X but i don't know anything about cars to tell if that's what you're talking about. : )

and here's the smattering they have up as well, it's for all modern motorolas, not just the x but a couple there... Accessories

This worries me. The car dock for the Moto X on Motorola's own site is made by a third party, and it only states that it puts the phone in vehicle mode. It says nothing about charging or audio. The rear shot looks good. I can remove the suction cup, and it will fit my ball mount. It appears to hold the phone well, but it is either incomplete, or their description is lacking. Looks like the put the new pages up before they were done changing the site. So there is hope.

At this time I'm leaning towards the Droid Maxx, but if they don't come up with an acceptable car dock, I'll wait to see what LG does on the G2.

I don't care if Motorola has given up on making docks and is letting a third party do it, as long as it is done it right. I'm looking for a dock that fits the phone properly (not a generic clamp), fits my ball mount, or an AMPS pattern plate, and provides integrated power. With wireless charging, the power should be easier to integrate than ever. I can go without integrated audio if I get the rest. My next stereo will have Bluetooth anyway. I was less than pleased at how the RAZR vehicle dock USB charging/audio cable worked with music, but not speaker phone. I sometimes bypass the integrated cable and plug directly into the audio jack on the phone. Shame, I paid somewhere around $30 for the integrated USB/Audio cable in addition to the price of the car dock.

Edit: Yeah, Motorola is rebuilding their site. Droid pages are there, but not linked from the homepage (Google search found them). Also, most of the pages are not rendering correctly for me, and some links don't do anything. I really wish companies would finish re-building their sites first and then post the final version. I'll hold my final judgment of their docks until I can see them, or they get their site finished.
    08-15-2013 01:12 AM
    this is what I was looking for:
    Navigation Dock for Moto X by Griffin - A Google Company

Im going to ASSUME that it will charge and play audio through the case, since the case blocks the headphone jack and charging port.. if it doesnt.. then its the worst case ever built..
    08-15-2013 07:33 AM

Im going to ASSUME that it will charge and play audio through the case, since the case blocks the headphone jack and charging port.. if it doesnt.. then its the worst case ever built..
    try looking at the ones they already make, they have them on the griffin site. That should clear things up, i think it does not charge.
    08-15-2013 07:47 AM

I'd not assume that. My guess would be Bluetooth and charging out of luck. I hope you're correct and I'm wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    08-15-2013 07:48 AM
    I'd not assume that. My guess would be Bluetooth and charging out of luck. I hope you're correct and I'm wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    ah, , i am totally ignorant of cars, so there ya go. . However, that item is only $40, and on griffin's regular site they have docks that accomodate charging but they are closer to the $80 range and their non-charging ones are closer to $40.

plus, they would say on the site i think, the descriptions aren't *so* stark that they would omit "charging". but... still, i'd go by price and check griffs site to see what they charge for similar stuff to what people are looking for, i don't understand anything on their site having to do with car stuff so i can attest to nothing.

yeah, upon further thought, this thing that it looks like people are looking for, would not cost $40. Plastic cases that hold phones are often $30, so a well built car dock that accommodates charging is prob more than $40, especially a new model by griffin. 99.8% sure that one just holds the phone. sry!
    08-15-2013 07:58 AM
    For some reason i've never heard of power packs until i went to the motorola site last night. lol. I'm totally getting one. Even though i know the X battery life is really good, i am uber forgetful of charging my phone and these look really handy. (replacing batteries, lol). But i'd prefer get one less expensive than on their site. Something like this.

Theirs: Universal Power Packs-Slim Series-A Google Company

and then on amazon they have similar stuff:
    Good rating on amazon but less $.

They're all good for all phones, right? No sort of amps issues or any other technical thing i need to pay attention to? the pack on the motorola site is .5 amps, and many on amazon are 1amp, is that okay? Won't hurt my phone and/or battery?
    08-15-2013 01:43 PM
    For some reason i've never heard of power packs until i went to the motorola site last night. lol. I'm totally getting one. Even though i know the X battery life is really good, i am uber forgetful of charging my phone and these look really handy. (replacing batteries, lol). But i'd prefer get one less expensive than on their site. Something like this.

They're all good for all phones, right? No sort of amps issues or any other technical thing i need to pay attention to? the pack on the motorola site is .5 amps, and many on amazon are 1amp, is that okay? Won't hurt my phone and/or battery?
    I have an Anker Astro 3E that I use for myself. It is a 10,000 mAh external battery that is good for 4-5 full charges of my phone.

My girlfriend has the Anker Astro Mini 3000 mAh. She likes the small size for putting in her purse and will provide her iphone 2 full charges.

The girlfriend's dad has an Anker Astro Slim2 4500 mAh. I think that one is good for 2-3 full charges of an iphone.

Friends have purchased RAVPower branded external batteries and are pleased with them. I have only purchased Anker brand and have had no trouble charging Android phones/tablets and Apple products.

The number of full charges from an external battery depends on the size of your phone/tablet battery.
    08-15-2013 03:06 PM
    I have an Anker Astro 3E that I use for myself. It is a 10,000 mAh external battery that is good for 4-5 full charges of my phone.

My girlfriend has the Anker Astro Mini 3000 mAh. She likes the small size for putting in her purse and will provide her iphone 2 full charges.

The girlfriend's dad has an Anker Astro Slim2 4500 mAh. I think that one is good for 2-3 full charges of an iphone.

Friends have purchased RAVPower branded external batteries and are pleased with them. I have only purchased Anker brand and have had no trouble charging Android phones/tablets and Apple products.

The number of full charges from an external battery depends on the size of your phone/tablet battery.
    Awesome. man, i have been messing with my Palm pre battery forever. Trying to label them so i don't mix them up after i take one out, having to charge one in my phone to charge it. lol. One more happy dance for me. Thanks!

and now i see motorola's version is on amz for $17, lol, and it's $40 on their site. But they only have 4 stars, so i'll grab a smaller one for the purse, 3000 is still pretty good!. I'll only ever need it for a tiny bit of charge for when i forget at both home and work for some reason. thanks.

man, the moto x *already* hooked me up, lol, i probably would never have known these existed.
    08-15-2013 03:17 PM
45 12