07-01-2015 02:37 PM
543 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Phil, from what I've seen this looks like a great phone ... today. But all of the "midrange" talk has me wondering whether it would be a mistake to commit to this phone for two years. If you were stuck with subsidized phones, would you feel comfortable signing a contract on a Moto X today?
    08-02-2013 11:14 AM
    1. Eh, it's OK. You get used to it.
    2. You get almost 12GB.
    3. No OIS afaik.

Posted via Android Central App
    If the "clear" pixel on the camera lets in as much more light than regular sensors as they claim, I'd I imagine you could get away with faster shutter speeds in low light. That would reduce the need for OIS.

08-02-2013 11:16 AM
    Does the Moto X support lock screen widgets with active display enabled?
    08-02-2013 11:17 AM
    Is the battery life looking good?
    08-02-2013 11:19 AM
    You think so? I guess we got spoiled with the nexus 4 pricing. Maybe the nexus 5 well be priced the same. To me this phone is a great phone to buy used off swappa. Not to use your upgrade on.

Sent from the Great Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2
    The nexus 4's play store price was subsidized by Google. If you bought it from LG or t-mobile, you'd pay more.

Don't you if you will know this or not... But will the phone be able to be customized and added to an account via AT&T Next (Yes I understand AT&T Next is awful. blah, blah, blah...)?
    Was that a yes or a no? On wireless charging.
    No.
    08-02-2013 11:21 AM
    The nexus 4's play store price was subsidized by Google. If you bought it from LG or t-mobile, you'd pay more.
    I don't think people here want to hear those kinds of facts.
    08-02-2013 11:22 AM
    Does the Moto X support lock screen widgets with active display enabled?
    Ooooo. Good question.

Yep, it does. Standard Android 4.2+ lock screen. Active Display is separate.
    08-02-2013 11:22 AM
    Phil, from what I've seen this looks like a great phone ... today. But all of the "midrange" talk has me wondering whether it would be a mistake to commit to this phone for two years. If you were stuck with subsidized phones, would you feel comfortable signing a contract on a Moto X today?
    What is a "midrange" phone? Is there a sign on it somewhere? Is it stuck in the "midrange" section of the store?

Folks including us really need to get away from that. I know it's easier to classify things, but it's getting to the point where it's anything that's not "high-end" is bad and it's a lazy way of doing things.
    08-02-2013 11:24 AM
    Hey Phil,

Any mention by Google about the additional costs if any for having the phone manufactured in the United States?
    It'd be from Motorola, not Google. And it's not manufactured here it's being assembled in Fort Worth. There's a difference there.

No, nobody specifically said anything about that to me but chances are it's true.
    Farish likes this.
    08-02-2013 11:26 AM
    any info on price on tmobile simple choice
    08-02-2013 11:27 AM
    What is a "midrange" phone? Is there a sign on it somewhere? Is it stuck in the "midrange" section of the store?
    I'm not calling the phone midrange; I don't like the term either. I was just referring to all of the spec-geek talk, which unnerves me a bit (even though I know it shouldn't). That's why I'm asking your opinion. Would you be comfortable signing a two-year contract on the Moto X?
    08-02-2013 11:29 AM
    I thought I read it here on AC. You will be able to by NFC tags for location aware tasks, nothing really new as you can do this with any NFC enable phone but it stated the tags would work within a "few feet"...
    Sure hope we didn't and without a link, I can't tell ya. But that's not how NFC works, nor is it anything I ever heard of in regards to the Moto X.
    08-02-2013 11:31 AM
    I have a samsung note 2. If I got this phone would it be an upgrade or pretty much same? or should I wait and see what the note 3 has to offer. my big concern is this not having a removable battery.
    08-02-2013 11:33 AM
    Hi phil do u have any info onwhat the pricing would be or the google play version or on tmobile
    08-02-2013 11:36 AM
    any info on price on tmobile simple choice
    T-Mobile hasn't announced any pricing.
    08-02-2013 11:39 AM
    Dunno, but it's way more useful.

Would you mind elaborating a bit on that one, I'm curious as to why you feel that way? I think a lot of people really like lightflow and the ability to see which notifications they have just with a quick glance at the color of the LED.

Do you think this is the start of a shift during which LED notifications will disappear. Blackberry got me hooked to those ages ago..

Cheers
    08-02-2013 11:41 AM
    Daily driver over your HTC One?

David
    ok but it will probably be around 570 rught cause thats the off contract price
    I have a samsung note 2. If I got this phone would it be an upgrade or pretty much same? or should I wait and see what the note 3 has to offer. my big concern is this not having a removable battery.
    Apples and oranges.
    08-02-2013 11:42 AM
    Daily driver over your HTC One?

David
    Playing with my emotions now, aren't ya.

If the camera holds up? Might well be. I like the size and shape of it that much.
    08-02-2013 11:43 AM
    Would you mind elaborating a bit on that one, I'm curious as to why you feel that way? I think a lot of people really like lightflow and the ability to see which notifications they have just with a quick glance at the color of the LED.

Do you think this is the start of a shift during which LED notifications will disappear. Blackberry got me hooked to those ages ago..

Cheers
    Active display isn't just notification of an e-mail or text or whatever. A quick tap *shows* you the subject line or preview or whatever.

Doesn't change the fact that at some point I'll have to deal with the message it's not actionable from the active display but it's a quick look, and you get it without having to power up the display.

I haven't even started messing with the settings yet.
    ysbg likes this.
    08-02-2013 11:45 AM
    I'm not calling the phone midrange; I don't like the term either. I was just referring to all of the spec-geek talk, which unnerves me a bit (even though I know it shouldn't). That's why I'm asking your opinion. Would you be comfortable signing a two-year contract on the Moto X?
    I'm never comfortable signing a two-year contract for a phone. But I'm also not a normal consumer anymore. And, being perfectly honest here I'm not sure I can properly appreciate it like you guys. (That's why I need you to keep me honest. lol)

If it were my money every time? I'd probably save up and do Nexus every year.
    claudiobrito likes this.
    08-02-2013 11:47 AM
    Daily driver....coming from iphone5... I have an HTC ONE but size is getting to mah brains....MOTOX feels better in my hand may go that way.... I think it may win you over lol
    08-02-2013 11:47 AM
543 ... 89101112 ...