07-01-2015 01:37 PM
543 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Till next week with lg g2
    Dammit. You're probably right. lol
    08-02-2013 02:14 PM
    Phil, i don't care about specs, but when i think "Android flagship" i think of innovations, pushing boundaries and changing the game. I've seen nothing in this phone that does those things. What have you seen in this phone that qualifies it as a flagship, in August 2013, given those criteria? This seems like a solid phone to me, just not a flagship, but maybe I'm wrong

Posted via Android Central App
    Roundpotato and keithz like this.
    08-02-2013 02:25 PM
    Phil, i don't care about specs, but when i think "Android flagship" i think of innovations, pushing boundaries and changing the game. I've seen nothing in this phone that does those things. What have you seen in this phone that qualifies it as a flagship, in August 2013, given those criteria? This seems like a solid phone to me, just not a flagship, but maybe I'm wrong

I think the word "flagship" gets thrown around too much. (And I use it more than I should, too.)
    08-02-2013 02:28 PM

Are you blind..... The new X8 computing system will be a game changer IMO. Work smarter not harder is what I say and that is exactly what the X8 computing system is all about.
    08-02-2013 02:31 PM
    How is voice quality on calls?

Just kidding, nobody talks on their phone anymore. Seriously, though, if you had to buy a brand new phone right now, would it be the Moto X? Also, I'm interested in your impressions on the wood-backed Moto Xs. Do they feel durable? Comparable in weight to the regular plastic-bodied versions?
    08-02-2013 02:32 PM
    Are you blind..... The new X8 computing system will be a game changer IMO. Work smarter not harder is what I say and that is exactly what the X8 computing system is all about.
    No I'm not blind, thanks for your concern. So what specifically has the X8 done for you in your experience with it?

Roundpotato likes this.
    08-02-2013 02:38 PM
    I think the word "flagship" gets thrown around too much. (And I use it more than I should, too.)
    Ok, setting setting aside the word flagship, what have you seen in this phone that is innovative, pushing the envelope or changing the game for a phone that is released in August 2013.

Roundpotato likes this.
    08-02-2013 02:47 PM
    Ok, setting setting aside the word flagship, what have you seen in this phone that is innovative, pushing the envelope or changing the game for a phone that is released in August 2013.

I think cramming a 4.7-inch display into a phone this size is pretty damned exciting. Your mileage may vary.

I'm enjoying the Active Display stuff a little more than I thought I would.

Dunno if I'll keep talking to my phones this much though.
    08-02-2013 02:49 PM
    So, on Verizon would you use the s4, one, or x?
    08-02-2013 02:49 PM
    I'd say that truly i think that both the Active Display notifications and always listening Voice Actions are both extremely innovative and required completely unique processing structures to be able to function without completely killing the phone.

In my mind that is the definition of innovative. The only useful addition I really see in the GS4 is the multi-window mode, but i think that the number of floating apps brings close enough functionality to make it easy to do without.

Motorola's additions will be very useful without being able to be replicated simply through another app or two because no other phone incorporates the low power processing centers to handle the calculations needed.
    jephanie likes this.
    08-02-2013 02:53 PM
    I think cramming a 4.7-inch display into a phone this size is pretty damned exciting. Your mileage may vary.

Compared to the Nexus 4 does it really feel that much smaller/better? Because the Nexus 4 does feel good for a 4.7 screen device.

08-02-2013 03:07 PM
    Compared to the Nexus 4 does it really feel that much smaller/better? Because the Nexus 4 does feel good for a 4.7 screen device.

I like the feel of the Nexus 4. I think I might like this better.
    08-02-2013 03:14 PM

Has anyone at NSA responded back yet? asking for a friend.
    wakazuki and jephanie like this.
    08-02-2013 03:30 PM
    Do you think that the X will have enough features to compete with the iPhone 5s? By the way, your name reminds me of the pro-golfer Phil Mickelson.
    08-02-2013 03:48 PM
    When you got home with the new Moto X did your wife find you more attractive?
    jephanie likes this.
    08-02-2013 03:48 PM
    Vor, what if it came in the mail?
    08-02-2013 03:54 PM
    Phil, I don't see this as much different than the new Droid Ultra, other than a smaller screen. All the other features like the shake-a-cam and voice commands are also in those other three new ones, right?
    08-02-2013 03:58 PM
    How does the screen compare to the Galaxy S3 & S4? (I'm curious if its 'Diamond Matrix' or what)
    08-02-2013 04:03 PM
    How is voice quality on calls?

Just kidding, nobody talks on their phone anymore. Seriously, though, if you had to buy a brand new phone right now, would it be the Moto X? Also, I'm interested in your impressions on the wood-backed Moto Xs. Do they feel durable? Comparable in weight to the regular plastic-bodied versions?
    Motorola has included Crystal Talk and has two noise cancellation microphones for HD voice quality for both you and the recipient. And from what I heard the wood feels great and durable.

Phil, I don't see this as much different than the new Droid Ultra, other than a smaller screen. All the other features like the shake-a-cam and voice commands are also in those other three new ones, right?
    There isn't much different, I think a higher ppi, different screen tech I think, dual lte attenas, diff camera ui, and not a droid. But they do share those features yes.
    08-02-2013 04:23 PM
    I think Phil is sleeping.
    08-02-2013 04:34 PM
    Will you?
    Of course!!!
    08-02-2013 04:48 PM
    How does the screen compare to the Galaxy S3 & S4? (I'm curious if its 'Diamond Matrix' or what)
    You probably missed it earlier, not sure it really answers the question though. It seems like people are putting the screen quality in between the S3 and the S4:
    How does the screen compare to the Galaxy Nexus? The pentile on mine has always bothered me. I know they said the Moto X isn't pentile, but it's still not RGB apparently. Also how does it compare to the GS4 and One screens?
    It's not as good as the HTC One. Not sure anything is, though. That said, it hasn't made me want to throw it against the wall. Going back to 720p is a bit of a readjustment, but not the end of the world.
    08-02-2013 05:21 PM
    Hi Phil. I've been using the Galaxy Nexus for almost a year and its performance really bothers me. It seems when i need to it be quick it chugs along slowly. I'd like to know:

1) How snappy it is, and is it consistently responsive. I use Google Now a fair bit, and on my GNEX Google Now seems to take a while to load up.

2). How useful do you find the Active Display, and do you feel it actually helps with performance & battery life.

Speaking of battery life, my GNex will last about 12 hours max with average use. For me, this is 40 minutes of tethering, 2 hours of streaming music, and maybe one hour of total screen on time. A lot of what I use my phone for has the screen being off, but I still feel like battery life is weak.

How is battery life on the Moto X? Can you say with certainty Motorola will hit the promised 24 hour battery life?

I personally hope so, I would prefer not having to carry an extra battery around if possible.

Final question: How responsive is using Google Now always on functionality? I know my Gnex is slow as well, even more so with hotword detection for Google Now. It is a pain trying to launch Google Now too.

PS: I've been going back and forth between buying an S4 and waiting for the Moto X. Although everyone keeps calling the Moto X a midranged device, I am most interested in performance, battery life, and the always on Google Now featuer.
    08-02-2013 05:58 PM
    What have you seen in this phone that qualifies it as a flagship, in August 2013, given those criteria?

The price.
    mech1164, jephanie and tdizzel like this.
    08-02-2013 06:25 PM
    What I stumped by is not just the carrier exclusive. But the extremely limited launch. Here in Canada, it's Rogers exclusive. Europe won't even see the thing.

The thing was supposed to relaunch Motorola. How is that supposed to happen when they will essentially restrict themselves to North America. Phil did you hear anything at all about other markets? Have they said no to Asia as well?
    08-02-2013 06:27 PM
543 ... 1213141516 ...