07-01-2015 02:37 PM
543 ... 19202122
tools
    Hey Phil (or anyone else who already has the Moto X), is there an easy way to disable LTE like there is on the HTC One? I've found that I only get a weak 1 bar of signal in my house when my One is using LTE. This isn't a problem for data since I'm using Wi-Fi, but it's resulting in missed calls and delayed text messages. However, if I force the One to use HSPA, I get 4-5 bars and have no problems with calls or texts. Assuming the X doesn't pull stronger LTE signal, I'll be wanting to do the same thing with it.

Posted via Android Central App
    Yes there is a App on the playstore called LTE On/Off. It's a shortcut into the settings that allow you to change radios.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dirc.lteonfoff
    I'm not sure what setting you would use though.
    DC Wuff likes this.
    08-25-2013 10:07 PM
    I haven't seen this really addressed in detail anywhere yet, but I read in passing somewhere in one of the moto pressers that both the X and new line of Droids are water resistant.

I was wondering if anyone has more details as to if that's actually true and at what level that resistance is? I mean I'm not planning to take it in the pool for underwater shots like I've seen with other phones but it would be nice to not have to worry about having it out in the rain, or spills, or other random life events :-)

Thanks for any info!

I doubt it about the Moto X.

As you can see with the S4 Active, when you have a water proof phone that can take pictures under water you need real hardware keys. Moto X has no dedicated camera button or any buttons on the front. How will you operate the phone under water?

That's why the only difference between the S4 and the S4 Active is hardware buttons.
    08-26-2013 08:11 AM
    I doubt it about the Moto X.

As you can see with the S4 Active, when you have a water proof phone that can take pictures under water you need real hardware keys. Moto X has no dedicated camera button or any buttons on the front. How will you operate the phone under water?

That's why the only difference between the S4 and the S4 Active is hardware buttons.
    Can you please explain that further? Are you saying the screen doesn't work under water? Because the active doesn't have a dedicated camera button either. It uses the volume button to capture.

You're right, the Moto X is absolutely not waterproof and attempting to take pictures underwater would be disastrous, but it does have many components coated to make them slightly resistance to the device being briefly exposure to moisture.
    08-26-2013 08:17 AM
    You're right, the Moto X is absolutely not waterproof and attempting to take pictures underwater would be disastrous, but it does have many components coated to make them slightly resistance to the device being briefly exposure to moisture.
    Yea, I figured they weren't water*proof* or else that would have been even more of a selling point and marketing ala the Active I was just wondering if anyone had any realistic expectations of what they were deeming as water resistant.

Thanks!
    08-26-2013 09:00 AM
    Anyone know if the Verizon version will carry a GSM radio that can be used in Europe?
    08-26-2013 09:37 AM
    Yes there is a App on the playstore called LTE On/Off. It's a shortcut into the settings that allow you to change radios.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dirc.lteonfoff
    I'm not sure what setting you would use though.
    I believe it's for folks like me. I lost 20% battery on my Galaxy Nexus this morning while it was in my pocket and searching for signal (train goes underground). I've heard that turning off LTE helps that a lot. As comparison, Sundays I don't travel anywhere with my phone that doesn't have a strong LTE signal and lost the same 20% in 6 hours, not 1.
    08-26-2013 09:55 AM
    Does it have built in WiFi hotspot like the Nexus 4?

Aquila likes this.
    08-26-2013 05:00 PM
    I just got a moto x and when I replay the videos captured with the phone, there is no audio with it. Any suggestions?
    09-06-2013 04:47 PM
    Do you know how to locate the clipboard.?

09-08-2013 03:19 PM
    I found out it was trying to send it to a Bluetooth connection. Disabled blue tooth and it worked...hopefully it will not continue to be a problem. Thanks
    09-09-2013 09:00 AM
    I just got a moto x and when I replay the videos captured with the phone, there is no audio with it. Any suggestions?
    Maybe try a hard reset.

09-09-2013 09:10 AM
    Phil, my Moto X is doing weird things while in Active Notifications (see "A mind of its own" thread). It's changed to 24-hour time, gone to the ringtone changing screen, and gone deep into my calendar app while in my pocket on the golf course or on my commute home. Is this a software issue or hardware issue exclusive to my phone? Should I switch out my phone (I still have time) or wait for an update? Verizon doesn't have a clue. Thanks.
    09-10-2013 09:22 AM
    is there a way to not have to press 1 to answer a call? i've gone through the hangout options and missing it..
    09-24-2013 10:21 AM
    Why am I on day 6 and still waiting for them to ship my Dev edition vzw moto x

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app
    09-24-2013 10:46 AM
    Does the Moto X support wireless charging?
    11-04-2013 09:09 AM
    Does the Moto X support wireless charging?
    No, it does not support wireless charging.
    Molyned likes this.
    11-04-2013 11:02 AM
    How do you switch it to storage device so I can access the music folder? It appears as a camera.
    11-04-2013 08:56 PM
    I think im going to get this when the wood varient drops. While im no spec ho i was a little concerned about the dual core and all getting bogged down because i like to add quite a few apps and a couple widgets. Can this phone handle it and still run smooth?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    11-05-2013 12:56 PM
    I think im going to get this when the wood varient drops. While im no spec ho i was a little concerned about the dual core and all getting bogged down because i like to add quite a few apps and a couple widgets. Can this phone handle it and still run smooth?

I have around 100 apps downloaded and 5 widgets on my various home screens. The widgets do not slow it down and I see no adverse effect in battery life.
    anon(464338) likes this.
    11-05-2013 04:11 PM
    I have around 100 apps downloaded and 5 widgets on my various home screens. The widgets do not slow it down and I see no adverse effect in battery life.
    Same here.
    11-05-2013 09:32 PM
    Is there any loop hole that would let me get a customized Moto X in Canada? I could get it unlocked but it will cost 550$, could I get it on ATT and get a traveler SIM card for rogers so I could get a customized Moto X for 150$?
    11-14-2013 01:18 PM
    What color is better black or white? or could some one respond to my above post...
    11-17-2013 07:04 PM
    I think the white front looks cheap. Go black

jephanie likes this.
    11-17-2013 09:48 PM
    No in person white looks awesome but it does get dirty if you don't take care of it

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X
    11-17-2013 10:32 PM
    What color is better black or white? or could some one respond to my above post...
    I bought the white one used. It wasn't my first choice as I don't like white phones and prefer black ones but the white one actually looks really good and I like that the front contrast with the screen so well. Adds a sleek look to it.

DS1331 and weksa like this.
    11-18-2013 12:03 AM
543 ... 19202122