07-01-2015 01:37 PM
543 ... 34567 ...
tools
    The front looks a lot like Nexus 4.
    Is it easier to hold and manage?
    It's only a few mm narrower...
    Thanks
    It's a tad smaller, yeah, and probably a little easier to handle. I'm fine handling the Nexus 4, though.
    08-02-2013 07:27 AM
    I heard google will unevil soon the Google Edition of Motorola X. which services from the X will be available on the Google's one?
    See my previous post on that.
    08-02-2013 07:28 AM
    can you take spheres using the Moto X camera app?
    There's no Photosphere feature built in. And that makes me sad.
    08-02-2013 07:29 AM
    How durable is the phone in your opinion?

From playing with it do you think it can handle drops pretty well?
    Feels solid to me.

Guess we'll have to wait till someone does a Youtube-whoring droptest video.
    bigdaddytee likes this.
    08-02-2013 07:30 AM
    Does the phone have any notice able lag, when you scroll thru menu's, or when pulling up a web page, and pictures are pulling up, any lag there?
    Like with my s4 it lags when scrolling thru web pages or my book bookmarks.
    Is it better with moto x?

Thank you for reading my question even if you don't answer it.
    08-02-2013 07:30 AM
    Hey Phil. Did the phone end up having the rumored dual LTE mimo antennas?
    No idea. Never seen an antenna on any phone.
    08-02-2013 07:31 AM
    Phil,

Does the moto X feel better in hand than the Galaxy Nexus? Which one would be better, Gnex running latest CM or Moto X?
    That's pretty subjective. I think I like it better than the GNex, but I haven't used it for any length of time for more than a year.
    08-02-2013 07:32 AM
    No wireless charging
    Phil,

Since you completely ignored the previous question about wireless charging I'll ask again. Does it have wireless charging? It's one of two things that concerned me. The other was off contract price, and that one isn't happening.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    08-02-2013 07:33 AM
    Phil

Long time Motorola user here and currently use Razr Maxx HD. I can possibly live without the SD, but so many are wondering why they have digressed in battery capability with a 2200 battery vs even the older 3300 or newer 3500. I get its for thinness and other issues, but the Razr Maxx HD is already crazy thin. No way I can go from a two day battery that will always get me through a full day, to something they hope will get through a whole day with "moderate" usage. I just don't see this being worth all the hype. I wanted the phone, but for people to break their contracts and buy something new, it has to WOW you, and has to be cheap off contract. Battery life is no good for this heavy user.
    Motorola is taking into consideration that you'll be using this phone differently. You won't be turning the display on as often, using the Active Display feature instead.
    BJsDroid likes this.
    08-02-2013 07:36 AM
    Phil,
    At the event did they talk about it getting 4.3 at all?

I guess nexus devices will still the the first to get updates
    I'd expect it to get 4.3 at some point. Don't see that as a reason to not get the phone right now, though.
    a2Squard likes this.
    08-02-2013 07:38 AM
    Can you use something other than "Ok, google now" for the keyword/phrase? I saw a video that shows the training and it says to say that but I am wondering if you can just say whatever you want.
    Nope. That's what it's trained to use.
    08-02-2013 07:40 AM
    Will it blend?
    flan and Chiplg like this.
    08-02-2013 07:41 AM
    I've had difficultly finding someone who has had hands on time with the droid ultra and moto x.I have the opportunity to get either the special edition ultra for $99 or pony up the extra hundred for the moto x. I like the idea of the bigger screen on the ultra, but those capacitive buttons! Ugh. Having used the x does it feel better than the ultra ($100 extra) what would you do?
    Haven't used the new Droids. I wasn't at that event.
    08-02-2013 07:41 AM
    the moto x will not have an sd slot, but will it support usb otg? if not, and you're limited to internal memory, then the moto x is x'ed off my upgrade list. lol
    Dunno yet. Will test later.
    08-02-2013 07:42 AM
    Phil,

Since you completely ignored the previous question about wireless charging I'll ask again. Does it have wireless charging? It's one of two things that concerned me. The other was off contract price, and that one isn't happening.
    If I miss a question, try not to take it personally. A lot of folks are asking a lot of things and a lot of questions either will have already been answered here, or possibly in our hands-on post. Thanks!

Hands-on with the Moto X | Android Central
    08-02-2013 07:43 AM
    Phil,
    Did Moto put Smart Actions on this phone?

Posted via Android Central App
    They're not named "Smart Actions" anymore, but, yeah. A lot of that stuff is tucked into the phone in other places. (See the section on the "Assist" app.)
    ChuckG73 likes this.
    08-02-2013 07:45 AM
    How's game performance on intense games such as Modern Combat 4 / NOVA 3? In general use is there any lag in system apps?
    Seems OK so far. Haven't played any real games yet.
    08-02-2013 07:47 AM
    Will it blend?
    Will you?
    nokia4life likes this.
    08-02-2013 07:47 AM
    Does the phone have any notice able lag, when you scroll thru menu's, or when pulling up a web page, and pictures are pulling up, any lag there?
    Like with my s4 it lags when scrolling thru web pages or my book bookmarks.
    Is it better with moto x?

Thank you for reading my question even if you don't answer it.
    The GS4 is ... special ... especially when it comes to that Gallery app. The Moto X is using Google's Gallery app, and it's plenty snappy.
    08-02-2013 07:49 AM
    Have they at least made it so you can be able to get battery percentage without downloading an app for it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app
    08-02-2013 07:49 AM
    Phil,

Did any of the backs in particular seemed to be good enough to not warrant a case? I would imagine the wood (lol) backs would be nice and tough but did they seem easier to nick than the plastic ones? Are there going to be any other material options such as the rumoured ceramic?
    08-02-2013 07:50 AM
    Hey Phil, thanks for taking the time to humor all of us.

First, as a (mostly) happy owner of an S3 I've been uninspired by the recent flagship phones. While they are unquestionably wonderful devices all around, other than having better displays and more powerful processors, they just don't seem to allow me to do anything I can't already do. In your, admittedly, limited exposure to the Moto X, do you think the unique experiences it brings to tithe table will ultimately be as compelling as they seem at first blush, or do you think their novelty will fade into nothing more than a gimmick?

Second, as an owner of an S3 I'm plagued by the dreaded reverse burn in of my status bar. While 24 hours is obviously not enough time to evaluate whether or not this will be an issue with the Moto X, have you heard anything about what if any advances in AMOLED tech Motorola is employing to reduce or eliminate this problem?
    niko_orsini likes this.
    08-02-2013 07:51 AM
    choose one!

motoX vs nexus 4 vs galaxys4 vs oppo find5
    08-02-2013 07:51 AM
    Have they at least made it so you can be able to get battery percentage without downloading an app for it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app
    Not in the notification bar. You can two-finger pull down to see it though.
    adam1314#IM likes this.
    08-02-2013 07:54 AM
    Assuming the price point is 600 for the Moto X: In terms of features and performance is it worth the additional money over the Nexus 4?
    Bryan87 likes this.
    08-02-2013 07:54 AM
543 ... 34567 ...