07-01-2015 01:37 PM
543 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Is it known if there will be a sim-free version/developer version of it?
    I'm in Europe and I'd like to buy it, but since it's unlocked and tied to carriers, I can't.
    08-02-2013 07:55 AM
    Phil,

Did any of the backs in particular seemed to be good enough to not warrant a case? I would imagine the wood (lol) backs would be nice and tough but did they seem easier to nick than the plastic ones? Are there going to be any other material options such as the rumoured ceramic?
    Rumored ceramic? Uh, OK.

I've seen plastic and soft-touch and wood. Might be others, I guess. And I think they all look great. I'm not usually a case guy, though.
    VSG28 likes this.
    08-02-2013 07:55 AM
    Hey Phil, is this phone water resistant like the Ultras are with its nano coating? And do u know if the aftermarket community is active in the case department for this phone considering the marketing and such?

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2
    08-02-2013 07:56 AM
    Rumored ceramic? Uh, OK.

I've seen plastic and soft-touch and wood. Might be others, I guess. And I think they all look great. I'm not usually a case guy, though.
    A ton of websites were spreading rumours of material options including ceramic, metal, fabric. I guess they were just rumours after all
    08-02-2013 07:58 AM
    Hey Phil, is this phone water resistant like the Ultras are with its nano coating? And do u know if the aftermarket community is active in the case department for this phone considering the marketing and such?

Yep. Same sort of coating.

And there are a number of casemakers already on board and selling directly through Moto.
    RicanMedic78 likes this.
    08-02-2013 07:58 AM
    Is it known if there will be a sim-free version/developer version of it?
    I'm in Europe and I'd like to buy it, but since it's unlocked and tied to carriers, I can't.
    Moto said a developer version would come at some point.
    08-02-2013 07:59 AM
    How does it perform in real-world usage compared to the HTC One and Galaxy S4, ie does the software and thin 'skin' create a user experience which renders the current spec wars meaningless?
    08-02-2013 08:00 AM
    How does it perform in real-world usage compared to the HTC One and Galaxy S4, ie does the software and thin 'skin' create a user experience which renders the current spec wars meaningless?
    Not quite sure what you mean by that, but this is a stock-ish Android experience.
    08-02-2013 08:02 AM
    If I'm on Verizon, why would I get this instead of the Droid Max? Just for the voice features?
    08-02-2013 08:06 AM
    Phil, any idea how the phone works with the LG HBS-730 bluetooth headphones? My Droid Razr works ok with them but the volume level starts off loud and can't be decreased without muting the headphones. Thanks.
    08-02-2013 08:08 AM
    Phil, can you talk and surf the net at the same time with this phone over LTE or even 3G for that matter (assuming you have the cdma Verizon model)?

08-02-2013 08:09 AM
    If I'm on Verizon, why would I get this instead of the Droid Max? Just for the voice features?
    The customizations, I think but then again AT&T's got that locked down for a while. I haven't used the new Droids, so can't speak to design differences.
    Phil, any idea how the phone works with the LG HBS-730 bluetooth headphones? My Droid Razr works ok with them but the volume level starts off loud and can't be decreased without muting the headphones. Thanks.
    No idea, sorry.
    Phil, can you talk and surf the net at the same time with this phone over LTE or even 3G for that matter (assuming you have the cdma Verizon model)?

I've got an AT&T version.
    08-02-2013 08:10 AM
    Given all the excitement about this device, Are you not just a little disappointed? I liked the idea of it being free on contract, Nexus liked priced unlocked. Wonder what the target market is for the customization (Kids, iPhone users).
    Roundpotato likes this.
    08-02-2013 08:10 AM
    I'm guessing no Google Wallet support, correct?
    08-02-2013 08:12 AM
    Given all the excitement about this device, Are you not just a little disappointed? I liked the idea of it being free on contract, Nexus liked priced unlocked. Wonder what the target market is for the customization (Kids, iPhone users).
    I'm one of those people who tries to ignore the hype and actually judge the phone on what it is. Crazy, I know.
    08-02-2013 08:14 AM
    When you do the official review, can you do a solid test of the GPS? I have had a couple of Samsungs now and if there's a tree or building or cloud anywhere remotely close, it'll lose my location.

P.S. I do like Samsung, so I'm not picking on them in any way; just giving a reference to what I have had recently.
    truenoob likes this.
    08-02-2013 08:15 AM
    I'm guessing no Google Wallet support, correct?
    Doesn't appear to be so on the AT&T version. (At least it's not appearing for me in Google Play.) Hardly surprising.
    emirozmen likes this.
    Hey Phil... How soon do you think Motorola.com or Google Play store will start selling unlocked versions and would you expect the price of the unlocked versions through moto.com/google play to be different than the off contract pricing from carriers? Also, would any unlocked versions that they sell off their website be available for each carrier (especially Verizon) or would it only be the typical GSM unlocked versions (compatible with ATT/T-Mobile)?
    Bryan87 and jimsis like this.
    Hey Phil... How soon do you think Motorola.com or Google Play store will start selling unlocked versions and would you expect the price of the unlocked versions through moto.com/google play to be different than the off contract pricing from carriers? Also, would any unlocked versions that they sell off their website be available for each carrier (especially Verizon) or would it only be the typical GSM unlocked versions (compatible with ATT/T-Mobile)?
    No idea.
    08-02-2013 08:19 AM
    If I were a person who tended to swap phones during the course of the week but has always enjoyed a standard micro sim, how much of a pain will it be to trim the micro to a nano but also have some way easily take the nano and put in some holder for use back in a micro?

In other words, I want to jump between my HTC One and the Moto X, how much of a pain will the sim part be?
    08-02-2013 08:23 AM
    Do you notice a reddish tint on the screen. I see it on all the videos of the Moto X but it could be just on video

Posted via Android Central App
    08-02-2013 08:24 AM
    If I were a person who tended to swap phones during the course of the week but has always enjoyed a standard micro sim, how much of a pain will it be to trim the micro to a nano but also have some way easily take the nano and put in some holder for use back in a micro?

In other words, I want to jump between my HTC One and the Moto X, how much of a pain will the sim part be?
    You'll need an adapter. So, yeah. It'll be a bit of a pain.
    08-02-2013 08:24 AM
    Do you notice a reddish tint on the screen. I see it on all the videos of the Moto X but it could be just on video

Posted via Android Central App
    The display has a different color temperature than I'm used to, but I wouldn't say it's got a red tint.
    08-02-2013 08:25 AM
543 ... 45678 ...