I've got the Moto X, you've got questions ? fire away!

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Do you find any of the software additions to be of great use?

Kinda have to train myself to use the Active Display stuff, but I think I'm liking it. Definitely gonna try the Assist stuff, too.

The Touchless Controls ? "OK, Google Now ..." work pretty well.

stevedo

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
What phones do you see as this being a competitor to based on spec and price? In your opinion is this going to be pitched on its battery life USP?

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
What phones do you see as this being a competitor to based on spec and price? In your opinion is this going to be pitched on its battery life USP?

They'll be selling it on everything we wrote about yesterday. Battery life. Customization. Battery life. Size. Touchless controls. Active Display ...

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
(BTW, I'm on airplanes today. So if I disappear for a few minutes, it's because I follow directions and turn my stuff off without going all Alec Baldwin all over the place.)

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Is there any word on what features will be retained in the google play variant?

No idea what's up with that. I was in that same briefing that story came out of, and all I heard was a "Yeah, we'll probably sell it through Google Play at some point."

I'll get all excited about that if and when it happens.

jonhcox

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I know it's hard and next to impossible to speculate, but did they give you an idea of when this might pop up in the Google Play Store, if any? I've enjoyed being free from a carrier contract for so long and unlike others had a good experience purchasing my N4 from the Play store that I'm hoping it shows up there soon, and for a reasonable amount. Your coverage was great and thanks for all the info so far. Look forward to the official review!

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I know it's hard and next to impossible to speculate, but did they give you an idea of when this might pop up in the Google Play Store, if any? I've enjoyed being free from a carrier contract for so long and unlike others had a good experience purchasing my N4 from the Play store that I'm hoping it shows up there soon, and for a reasonable amount. Your coverage was great and thanks for all the info so far. Look forward to the official review!

Thanks!

And no idea when it'll show. The carriers are paying for this thing ? they get first dibs.

IMHO, it's not smart to (editorially speaking) make such a big deal about that at this point.

The bigger deal is if and when you can customize and purchase through Moto (or Google, I suppose) without having to go through a carrier at all.

stopfakin83

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
How are the speakers Phil, I know a lot of makers are not coming close to boom sound but would still like your opinion thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
If you didn't run an android site that allows you to get a "free mobile" (presunting thats the case) would you buy it outright or which phone would you buy outright?

Secondly were you given the phone prior to the announcement and told to keep it hush?

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey Phil,

Have you heard if Verizon will be offering a 32gb version or is At&t the only carrier with that option at first?

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
If you didn't run an android site that allows you to get a "free mobile" (presunting thats the case) would you buy it outright or which phone would you buy outright?

Secondly were you given the phone prior to the announcement and told to keep it hush?

Lol. No idea.

And I've had the phone for about 24 hours now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci