I've got the Moto X, you've got questions ? fire away!

jshaas2

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Phil

Long time Motorola user here and currently use Razr Maxx HD. I can possibly live without the SD, but so many are wondering why they have digressed in battery capability with a 2200 battery vs even the older 3300 or newer 3500. I get its for thinness and other issues, but the Razr Maxx HD is already crazy thin. No way I can go from a two day battery that will always get me through a full day, to something they hope will get through a whole day with "moderate" usage. I just don't see this being worth all the hype. I wanted the phone, but for people to break their contracts and buy something new, it has to WOW you, and has to be cheap off contract. Battery life is no good for this heavy user.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Folks need to stop expecting every phone to be priced like a Nexus. It's an aberration.

Posted via Android Central App

You think so? I guess we got spoiled with the nexus 4 pricing. Maybe the nexus 5 well be priced the same. To me this phone is a great phone to buy used off swappa. Not to use your upgrade on.

Sent from the Great Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

rizzman

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a great little phone. I think the biggest question on everyone's mind is.... When will AC be raffling one off? :)

Nexthis

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Phil,

Does the moto X feel better in hand than the Galaxy Nexus? Which one would be better, Gnex running latest CM or Moto X?

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I heard google will unevil soon the Google Edition of Motorola X. which services from the X will be available on the Google's one?

I don't see the point of a Google phone if it's going to be updated by manufacturer and not Google. Yes, the phone is rid of bloatware but the advantage was immediate updates with nexus phones. I'd rather have a manufacturer ui if I'm gonna wait for manufacturing to update. I can always root and remove bloatware myself. Oh well. If they sell good they'll keep making them

Sent from the Great Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

vader88

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Can you use something other than "Ok, google now" for the keyword/phrase? I saw a video that shows the training and it says to say that but I am wondering if you can just say whatever you want.

Eddie Daniels

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I've had difficultly finding someone who has had hands on time with the droid ultra and moto x.I have the opportunity to get either the special edition ultra for $99 or pony up the extra hundred for the moto x. I like the idea of the bigger screen on the ultra, but those capacitive buttons! Ugh. Having used the x does it feel better than the ultra ($100 extra) what would you do?

drhill

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Phil,

Since you completely ignored the previous question about wireless charging I'll ask again. Does it have wireless charging? It's one of two things that concerned me. The other was off contract price, and that one isn't happening.

techydavid

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
the moto x will not have an sd slot, but will it support usb otg? if not, and you're limited to internal memory, then the moto x is x'ed off my upgrade list. lol :p

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Phil,

Since you completely ignored the previous question about wireless charging I'll ask again. Does it have wireless charging? It's one of two things that concerned me. The other was off contract price, and that one isn't happening.

No it does not have wireless charging and off contract pricing will be around 600 dollars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz