I've got the Moto X, you've got questions ? fire away!

VSG28

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Phil,

Did any of the backs in particular seemed to be good enough to not warrant a case? I would imagine the wood (lol) backs would be nice and tough but did they seem easier to nick than the plastic ones? Are there going to be any other material options such as the rumoured ceramic?

CapaneusPrime

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey Phil, thanks for taking the time to humor all of us.

First, as a (mostly) happy owner of an S3 I've been uninspired by the recent flagship phones. While they are unquestionably wonderful devices all around, other than having better displays and more powerful processors, they just don't seem to allow me to do anything I can't already do. In your, admittedly, limited exposure to the Moto X, do you think the unique experiences it brings to tithe table will ultimately be as compelling as they seem at first blush, or do you think their novelty will fade into nothing more than a gimmick?

Second, as an owner of an S3 I'm plagued by the dreaded reverse burn in of my status bar. While 24 hours is obviously not enough time to evaluate whether or not this will be an issue with the Moto X, have you heard anything about what if any advances in AMOLED tech Motorola is employing to reduce or eliminate this problem?

niko_orsini

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Is it known if there will be a sim-free version/developer version of it?
I'm in Europe and I'd like to buy it, but since it's unlocked and tied to carriers, I can't.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Phil,

Did any of the backs in particular seemed to be good enough to not warrant a case? I would imagine the wood (lol) backs would be nice and tough but did they seem easier to nick than the plastic ones? Are there going to be any other material options such as the rumoured ceramic?

Rumored ceramic? Uh, OK.

I've seen plastic and soft-touch and wood. Might be others, I guess. And I think they all look great. I'm not usually a case guy, though.

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey Phil, is this phone water resistant like the Ultras are with its nano coating? And do u know if the aftermarket community is active in the case department for this phone considering the marketing and such?

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2

VSG28

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Rumored ceramic? Uh, OK.

I've seen plastic and soft-touch and wood. Might be others, I guess. And I think they all look great. I'm not usually a case guy, though.

A ton of websites were spreading rumours of material options including ceramic, metal, fabric. I guess they were just rumours after all :D

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Hey Phil, is this phone water resistant like the Ultras are with its nano coating? And do u know if the aftermarket community is active in the case department for this phone considering the marketing and such?

Yep. Same sort of coating.

And there are a number of casemakers already on board and selling directly through Moto.

legalninja

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
How does it perform in real-world usage compared to the HTC One and Galaxy S4, ie does the software and thin 'skin' create a user experience which renders the current spec wars meaningless?

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
How does it perform in real-world usage compared to the HTC One and Galaxy S4, ie does the software and thin 'skin' create a user experience which renders the current spec wars meaningless?

Not quite sure what you mean by that, but this is a stock-ish Android experience.

Clintg37

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Phil, any idea how the phone works with the LG HBS-730 bluetooth headphones? My Droid Razr works ok with them but the volume level starts off loud and can't be decreased without muting the headphones. Thanks.

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Phil, can you talk and surf the net at the same time with this phone over LTE or even 3G for that matter (assuming you have the cdma Verizon model)?

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
If I'm on Verizon, why would I get this instead of the Droid Max? Just for the voice features?

The customizations, I think ? but then again AT&T's got that locked down for a while. I haven't used the new Droids, so can't speak to design differences.

jimsis

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Given all the excitement about this device, Are you not just a little disappointed? I liked the idea of it being free on contract, Nexus liked priced unlocked. Wonder what the target market is for the customization (Kids, iPhone users).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781