I've got the Moto X, you've got questions ? fire away!

GaMMeLHaNsy

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I know that the battery is not replaceable by default, but can you see some screws or does it look like it might be replaceable with some tools? Like the Nexus: You are not able to replace the battery by default, but you can by undoing some screws.

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Do you think it will be possible to swap the back cover using "home tools" or it's so sealed that it requires some special tool like HTC One (only HTC has it).
That ATT lock on customizations is a huge mistake by Google. I have no idea how ATT could have convinced them to go this way.

Thanks

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I know that the battery is not replaceable by default, but can you see some screws or does it look like it might be replaceable with some tools? Like the Nexus: You are not able to replace the battery by default, but you can by undoing some screws.

Nope. Sealed up nicely.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I head that Moto will be selling the unlocked phone directly and that was the only way someone like myself(on T-mobile) would be able to get the 32GB version. Is that true and if so would that then allow the customization options for any GSM carrier?

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Do you think it will be possible to swap the back cover using "home tools" or it's so sealed that it requires some special tool like HTC One (only HTC has it).
That ATT lock on customizations is a huge mistake by Google. I have no idea how ATT could have convinced them to go this way.

Thanks

The backs are not designed to be swapped out.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I head that Moto will be selling the unlocked phone directly and that was the only way someone like myself(on T-mobile) would be able to get the 32GB version. Is that true and if so would that then allow the customization options for any GSM carrier?

You're referring to this story: Moto X Works on T-Mobile's Network, Not Sold in Its Stores Yet - Ina Fried - Mobile - AllThingsD

(And I highly suggest we all source things instead of just "hearing" them.)

I read that. And it seems pretty much like a Day 1 non-answer to me. I'd be pretty surprised if TMo didn't sell it like it does any other phone.

sequoia462

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Do you think Active Display consumes more battery than a Notification LED? Or would it be about the same or less?

I use LightFlow, so I know what colour a text is vs an email. Would LightFlow consume more battery than a regular LED or Active Display?

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
If the phone was a beer, which beer would it be?

Show your working.

I am going to guess that it would be a PBR (Pabst Blue Ribbon)

A beer you secretly love but you don't let your friends know, because it does not have the most alcohol content or hops like the more expensive beers. It still works like other beers and can get you drunk just like the more expensive craft beers.

vader427

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi Phil,

Do you happen to know if you can get audio or video out of the micro USB connector. Thinking in terms of connecting to a car usb port rather than using an aux cable. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool