I've got the Moto X, you've got questions ? fire away!

dswatson83

May 27, 2010
Visit site
They lost me at the price. After purchasing the highest spec devices for several years, i'm willing to take a step back if the price is right. Unfortunately Moto produced probably the best mid range handset ever made but is pricing it in the premium market! I love that they produced what looks to be the best mid range device ever, but who decided on that market price? Surely not Google. When the Nexus 4 came out, I was a bit disappointed that Google went ONLY for the mid range handset market and not for the spec fanatics, but at least they priced it at what (or even below) a mid range phone should be.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Phil - I know you mentioned that the speaker(s) were pretty loud, but have you had a chance to make some calls and test out the speakerphone? I know Motorola generally has great speakerphone quality, how about the Moto X? Being loud is great, but is it clear?

Keep this question in mind for the Droid Mini/Ultra/Maxx as well because I'm leaning towards the Maxx a little more every day.

Just can't drop that kind of cash up front.
Why buy immediately? If it ends up being what you want, shove back $50 every paycheck and sacrifice something else. You'll have the extra cash in no time! Especially if you sell your existing handset to close the gap.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Phil - I know you mentioned that the speaker(s) were pretty loud, but have you had a chance to test out the speakerphone. I know Motorola generally has great speakerphone quality, how about the Moto X? Being loud is great, but is it clear?

Keep this question in mind for the Droid Mini/Ultra/Maxx as well because I'm leaning towards the Maxx a little more every day.

Loud and clear.

Posted via Android Central App

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
As a VZW customer, I'm concerned with what, if any, compelling reasons there would be for me to purchase a Moto X now, over a Droid Maxx beyond what seems to be a better form factor? I was hoping that there would be a comparison posted eventually from the perspective of someone whom has spent a bit of time with both devices.

This is exactly my question. I was excited about the Moto X, but it looks like the Maxx has all the same features with better battery, more memory and it will be on Vzw. Customization is neat, but I will take the better battery life . . .

velvetelvis

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
can you change "ok google now" to something more personal?

edit: nevermind, been answered. to bad it cant. "ok google now" doesnt roll off the tongue as easy as "hey google" would. thanks for the q & a.

jbruha

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
What other NFC equipped devices do you have with you to test its range on the Moto X? I'm curious because when my girlfriend and I had a RAZR M and MAXX HD, respectively, we I used to be able to trigger NFC with the devices being between one and two inches away. I'm serious if the NFC radio in the Moto X is just as strong?

bobinc

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Would this be considered a big leap over the Galaxy Nexus? I am coming up for mine and am starting to look. Samsung keeps bugging me by continuing to rip off the apple button on the phones. I love the on screen home/menu buttons.

Eddie Daniels

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
on some sites they were showing the ability for voice commands to turn on things like mobile hotspot.is that functionality a Verizon exclusive or is it present on the Moto X? And if so, does it also have the ability to do things like turn on Bluetooth which Google now cannot do yet.

rkirmeier

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I would think he would need 2 Moto X's to successfully test "extended range" as both device would likely need the increased range. It's also possible the increased range requires a special tag but NFC tags are passive so it can't be "just" the tags...

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Phil,

1). Has it lagged or crashed yet?
2). Have you watched any videos on it yet? If so, how do they look? Specifically, how are the black levels?
3). Can you at least screen shot your battery usage?
4). Is it comfortable to hold to your ear for extended periods?

Thanks