I've got the Moto X, you've got questions ? fire away!

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Phil, i don't care about specs, but when i think "Android flagship" i think of innovations, pushing boundaries and changing the game. I've seen nothing in this phone that does those things. What have you seen in this phone that qualifies it as a flagship, in August 2013, given those criteria? This seems like a solid phone to me, just not a flagship, but maybe I'm wrong

Posted via Android Central App

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Phil, i don't care about specs, but when i think "Android flagship" i think of innovations, pushing boundaries and changing the game. I've seen nothing in this phone that does those things. What have you seen in this phone that qualifies it as a flagship, in August 2013, given those criteria? This seems like a solid phone to me, just not a flagship, but maybe I'm wrong

I think the word "flagship" gets thrown around too much. (And I use it more than I should, too.)

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site

Are you blind..... The new X8 computing system will be a game changer IMO. Work smarter not harder is what I say and that is exactly what the X8 computing system is all about.

dinot

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
How is voice quality on calls?

Just kidding, nobody talks on their phone anymore. Seriously, though, if you had to buy a brand new phone right now, would it be the Moto X? Also, I'm interested in your impressions on the wood-backed Moto Xs. Do they feel durable? Comparable in weight to the regular plastic-bodied versions?

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Are you blind..... The new X8 computing system will be a game changer IMO. Work smarter not harder is what I say and that is exactly what the X8 computing system is all about.

No I'm not blind, thanks for your concern. So what specifically has the X8 done for you in your experience with it?

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I think the word "flagship" gets thrown around too much. (And I use it more than I should, too.)

Ok, setting setting aside the word flagship, what have you seen in this phone that is innovative, pushing the envelope or changing the game for a phone that is released in August 2013.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Ok, setting setting aside the word flagship, what have you seen in this phone that is innovative, pushing the envelope or changing the game for a phone that is released in August 2013.

I think cramming a 4.7-inch display into a phone this size is pretty damned exciting. Your mileage may vary.

I'm enjoying the Active Display stuff a little more than I thought I would.

Dunno if I'll keep talking to my phones this much though. :p

roadkizzle

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I'd say that truly i think that both the Active Display notifications and always listening Voice Actions are both extremely innovative and required completely unique processing structures to be able to function without completely killing the phone.

In my mind that is the definition of innovative. The only useful addition I really see in the GS4 is the multi-window mode, but i think that the number of floating apps brings close enough functionality to make it easy to do without.

Motorola's additions will be very useful without being able to be replicated simply through another app or two because no other phone incorporates the low power processing centers to handle the calculations needed.

mlynch01

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I think cramming a 4.7-inch display into a phone this size is pretty damned exciting. Your mileage may vary.

Compared to the Nexus 4 does it really feel that much smaller/better? Because the Nexus 4 does feel good for a 4.7 screen device.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Has anyone at NSA responded back yet? asking for a friend.

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Do you think that the X will have enough features to compete with the iPhone 5s? By the way, your name reminds me of the pro-golfer Phil Mickelson.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks