I've got the Moto X, you've got questions ? fire away!

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I can't put into words how much I agree with this. People are gonna have a bad taste in their mouth over this and moto will suffer for quite a while unless they have some miracle phone up their sleeves.

Really? Moto is to blame? Not your carrier? How do you blame the manufacturer when your store doesn't have what to want in stock?

Ricx

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi Phil 2 Question

1 is there any stylus for for moto x ? like samsung have?

2 is there any option to request pre loaded apps so we don't have to root it? many good apps require root such as "fullscreen" etc.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Once again, it was not available on all carriers. I listed Canadian Carriers as an example of missing features. There were several carriers around the world who didn't get Siri till at least a year after its release.

No, you listed Canadian carriers that had Siri that wasn't fully functional which I explained why that was. There were no iphone 4s models released without Siri.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Really? Moto is to blame? Not your carrier? How do you blame the manufacturer when your store doesn't have what to want in stock?

Yes, Moto is to blame. Do you see GS4s on some carriers missing touchless gestures? Do you see HTC Ones on carriers missing front facing speakers? Do you see iphones on carriers missing...well..whatever it is that Apple says is so great about them? No, because any decent manufacturer will tell the carriers where they can stick it if they try to neuter their flagship phone by removing one of the main features that they are advertising.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Oh that is why Japan couldn't use Siri till IOS 5.1

Siri support coming to Japan | iMore.com

I know you're not supposed to admit you're wrong on the internet, but it's ok for you to do it. No one will be mad at you. When the iphone 4s came out, every single iphone 4s model had Siri. No matter what else you try to throw in there, my argument has always been that when the iphone 4s came out, every single iphone 4s had Siri. I'm not referring to the ipad which is referenced in that article. I'm not talking about a certain version of ios. What i'm saying is that Apple advertised the iphone 4s as having a great feature called Siri. Every single iphone 4s that was released had Siri. If you think Japan's iphone 4s didn't have Siri you're just wrong.

Apple iPhone 4S release: as it happened - Telegraph

a little over halfway down the page. 1:00 AM. Right above the picture of the Apple logo.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I know you're not supposed to admit you're wrong on the internet, but it's ok for you to do it. No one will be mad at you. When the iphone 4s came out, every single iphone 4s model had Siri. No matter what else you try to throw in there, my argument has always been that when the iphone 4s came out, every single iphone 4s had Siri. I'm not referring to the ipad which is referenced in that article. I'm not talking about a certain version of ios. What i'm saying is that Apple advertised the iphone 4s as having a great feature called Siri. Every single iphone 4s that was released had Siri. If you think Japan's iphone 4s didn't have Siri you're just wrong.

Apple iPhone 4S release: as it happened - Telegraph

a little over halfway down the page. 1:00 AM. Right above the picture of the Apple logo.

The article states it was announced at the ipad 3 event. The where the announcement happen has nothing to do with the fact I am correct. Several other Carriers did not get Siri till IOS6. This is a matter of fact.

It still at the time had mssing features at different carriers the same complaint you make about the Moto X.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks NothingIsTrue
However Phil seems to like torturing us by not giving Screen on Time :p

Yeah but you can see it's like 4.5-6 hours based on the 2nd shot... and it's got that active updates, so it's actually "on" way more than anything else gives it credit for being on.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
The article states it was announced at the ipad 3 event. The where the announcement happen has nothing to do with the fact I am correct. Several other Carriers did not get Siri till IOS6. This is a matter of fact.

It still at the time had mssing features at different carriers the same complaint you make about the Moto X.

I've said about half a dozen times that I'm talking about what Apple announced with the iphone 4s, yet you keep bringing up everything but the iphone 4s. At this point you are not at all addressing my point and are instead arguing against some points that I really don't care about. If you need to be "right" so you can have internet bragging rights, then fine, you're "right" This thread is about questions people have for Phil about the X and i'm done sidetracking it by repeating myself only to have my words completely ignored so you can "win" the argument. So be proud, you "won." Either way i'm done addressing it with you.

- - - Updated - - -

I've said about half a dozen times that I'm talking about what Apple announced with the iphone 4s, yet you keep bringing up everything but the iphone 4s. At this point you are not at all addressing my point and are instead arguing against some points that I really don't care about. If you need to be "right" so you can have internet bragging rights, then fine, you're "right" This thread is about questions people have for Phil about the X and i'm done sidetracking it by repeating myself only to have my words completely ignored so you can "win" the argument. So be proud, you "won." Either way i'm done addressing it with you.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes, Moto is to blame. Do you see GS4s on some carriers missing touchless gestures? Do you see HTC Ones on carriers missing front facing speakers? Do you see iphones on carriers missing...well..whatever it is that Apple says is so great about them? No, because any decent manufacturer will tell the carriers where they can stick it if they try to neuter their flagship phone by removing one of the main features that they are advertising.

So yeah.. That's so wrong in so may ways. Keep supporting a carrier that doesn't want to offer you all the options you want and you will continue to get what you get. The definition of insanity. Keep doing what you do and you'll keep getting what you get. If you don't like it quit supporting the one that's making your life so mistake. Motorola has a 32gb option and custom options available, Verizon doesn't let you have that option. If you don't like it then change carriers. Pretty simple.

Nault2000

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I still have the original Droid Razr. A month after I got it, Motorola came out withe the Maxx. Is that going to happen again? If there will be a X-Maxx I would want to wait for it. Do you think that there will be an X-Maxx?

JudH

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
When you are connected to WIFI, do the cellular signal strength bars turn GREY, and is there a gap/space between the WIFI icon and the cellular signal icon.

Standard Motorola. The "gap" isn't really a gap--turn off WiFi and you'll see the cellular Data type appear there (E/Edge, 4G or LTE). Either the Wifi SS fan or both cellular data type and SS indicator will turn blue when a link to Google Services (sync, push etc) is established via that method--you?ll never see both blue at the same time.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
So yeah.. That's so wrong in so may ways. Keep supporting a carrier that doesn't want to offer you all the options you want and you will continue to get what you get. The definition of insanity. Keep doing what you do and you'll keep getting what you get. If you don't like it quit supporting the one that's making your life so mistake. Motorola has a 32gb option and custom options available, Verizon doesn't let you have that option. If you don't like it then change carriers. Pretty simple.

If every major manufacturer but one can control the features they put out on a carrier then how is it the carrier's fault and not the manufacturer?
More importantly, I weigh every factor when deciding what carrier to use. Where I live I would get crap coverage from any carrier other than Verizon. I'm grandfathered in on Verizon's unlimited data, so I pay $23.99 for unlimited data. On a slow month I use about 20 GB of Data. I think it would be quite a bit more insane to pay a ton more for less data and crappier coverage just to get a phone with more storage that, quite honestly, I don't really need.
And do you think its not Moto's fault? Do you think every carrier but one said no to a huge selling point like customizations? Its not just Verizon that doesn't have it.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
OK so was the HTC one a carrier exclusive? Or did Verizon just not want to offer it to you on release? Hell they still don't offer it. So that's HTC's fault right? A manufacturer cannot force someone to buy something. The people running the company need to think that's it's going to be profitable. Verizon thinks that pushing there DROID brand and having smaller storage is going to make them more money.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
If every major manufacturer but one can control the features they put out on a carrier then how is it the carrier's fault and not the manufacturer?
More importantly, I weigh every factor when deciding what carrier to use. Where I live I would get crap coverage from any carrier other than Verizon. I'm grandfathered in on Verizon's unlimited data, so I pay $23.99 for unlimited data. On a slow month I use about 20 GB of Data. I think it would be quite a bit more insane to pay a ton more for less data and crappier coverage just to get a phone with more storage that, quite honestly, I don't really need.
And do you think its not Moto's fault? Do you think every carrier but one said no to a huge selling point like customizations? Its not just Verizon that doesn't have it.

So you reward a carrier for not giving you the options you want? If your stuck with Verizon then you are stuck with them. But you can't blame the manufacturer of the product because your store doesn't offer what you want. If the store in your town doesn't have the brand of television you want is that the manufacturer's fault? Manufacturers make money by selling products. Retail outlets try to make the most money they can by offering what they think they can make the most money on. Verizon has shown that they are not going to offer all the high end phones. And yes that wouldn't be smart to leave your unlimited data plan. But that's not Moto's fault. Verizon will offer you what you want when they want to. If that's not on a time frame that makes you happy then let them know

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

Who cares. This is a Q&A for the Moto X. Not a bickering spot for the iphone. Take it to PM.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

mblouir

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to activate speaker phone while using the touchless controls?

In other words, if I say "OK, Google Now, call Mom"......is there any way to turn on speakerphone without having to touch the screen?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia