I've got the Moto X, you've got questions ? fire away!

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
The only question that really matters is:

How's the battery life?

Like real heavy use 3G browsing. Not standby in your pocket, but how long can you use it before it dies?

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Is the display as good as the nexus4 or HTC one in direct sunlight. I can't believe motor choose to go with amoled. Bad move.

AMOLED enables one of the key differentiating features of the Moto X: Active Notifications without killing the battery. That sounds like a great move to me.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
The only question that really matters is:

How's the battery life?

Like real heavy use 3G browsing. Not standby in your pocket, but how long can you use it before it dies?

About half of reviews say they are seriously impressed, the other half said either avg. or above avg.

gamefreak715

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I heard it has microsim. How would I put my GNex Sim card in that? I don't want an upgrade from Verizon because I'd lose my promo data plan. Or does Verizon just move everything to a new Sim if I ask them to?

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I heard it has microsim. How would I put my GNex Sim card in that? I don't want an upgrade from Verizon because I'd lose my promo data plan. Or does Verizon just move everything to a new Sim if I ask them to?

Posted via Android Central App

You can try cutting your SIM down too.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site

I think if you were to purchase the Moto X for the full off-contract price, Verizon cannot force you to change your data plan. They should be able to transfer your number to the new sim card.

Someone may correct me if my understanding is wrong.

MonteChristo

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Phil!

I'm curious whether it's possible to use other voice commands to start Google Now. I understand that, as of now, you can wake the phone by saying "Ok Google Now". Unfortunately I find that phrase totally lame and would love if I could customize that. I know that during setup they have you repeat "OK Google Now" three times so they can personalize it to your voice. My question then is, can you say some other phrase when you're supposed to repeat "OK Google Now" in order to customize that command?

I would ****ing love it if my phone only woke when I said "Computer" in my best Patrick Stewart impression.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
It's already been stated it only understand one name and that is OK Google now
Phil!

I'm curious whether it's possible to use other voice commands to start Google Now. I understand that, as of now, you can wake the phone by saying "Ok Google Now". Unfortunately I find that phrase totally lame and would love if I could customize that. I know that during setup they have you repeat "OK Google Now" three times so they can personalize it to your voice. My question then is, can you say some other phrase when you're supposed to repeat "OK Google Now" in order to customize that command?

I would ****ing love it if my phone only woke when I said "Computer" in my best Patrick Stewart impression.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
It's already been stated it only understand one name and that is OK Google now

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Of course you can use Tasker, AutoVoice, AutoShare and Secure Settings to enter the same functionality with other commands once you have the device in hand.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Nope. But I would bet it will be a fairly close copy of every other review already out there. It will talk about the always-listening feature, the active notification feature, the size, the Motomaker feature and all the other stuff you can find in 500 other places. What I would LIKE for the AC review to cover would be more specific about reception strength, battery life, screen quality, etc. Enough with the general walk through BS we can get everywhere else. How about some REAL informative review information on the one and only Android Central?

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Nope. But I would bet it will be a fairly close copy of every other review already out there. It will talk about the always-listening feature, the active notification feature, the size, the Motomaker feature and all the other stuff you can find in 500 other places. What I would LIKE for the AC review to cover would be more specific about reception strength, battery life, screen quality, etc. Enough with the general walk through BS we can get everywhere else. How about some REAL informative review information on the one and only Android Central?

most reviews i've seen talk about battery life and the screen, etc. 1 or 2 has missed one.

smallfrys

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I want to know more about battery life as well, and also low-light picture quality compared to HTC One. The One is coming out on Thursday, and I'd really like to see AC's review on the Moto X (and preferably, the RAZR Maxx) before then.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
most reviews i've seen talk about battery life and the screen, etc. 1 or 2 has missed one.

Getting a more broad review of battery life is far more useful than another regurgitation of features that have been reviewed ad nauseum as different usage patterns will produce different experiences with the battery. Unless AC finds something unique amongst the software features that other reviewers didn't uncover or discuss, then don't waste the time repeating what everyone else has. Instead, give us something unique and more useful. To me, that would be the differentiation of reviews. And since I trust AC moreso than most of the others, I would very much like to hear more about Phil's experience with battery life.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Do the Active Notifications and/or breathing get annoying after a while? Do you miss your flashing LED? Do you find you still like it after these coupla weeks?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante