I've got the Moto X, you've got questions ? fire away!

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey Phil (or anyone else who already has the Moto X), is there an easy way to disable LTE like there is on the HTC One? I've found that I only get a weak 1 bar of signal in my house when my One is using LTE. This isn't a problem for data since I'm using Wi-Fi, but it's resulting in missed calls and delayed text messages. However, if I force the One to use HSPA, I get 4-5 bars and have no problems with calls or texts. Assuming the X doesn't pull stronger LTE signal, I'll be wanting to do the same thing with it.

Posted via Android Central App

Yes there is a App on the playstore called LTE On/Off. It's a shortcut into the settings that allow you to change radios.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=net.andirc.lteonfoff&token=MfLEv6b9
I'm not sure what setting you would use though.

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I haven't seen this really addressed in detail anywhere yet, but I read in passing somewhere in one of the moto pressers that both the X and new line of Droids are water resistant.

I was wondering if anyone has more details as to if that's actually true and at what level that resistance is? I mean I'm not planning to take it in the pool for underwater shots like I've seen with other phones but it would be nice to not have to worry about having it out in the rain, or spills, or other random life events :)

Thanks for any info!

Posted via Android Central App

I doubt it about the Moto X.

As you can see with the S4 Active, when you have a water proof phone that can take pictures under water you need real hardware keys. Moto X has no dedicated camera button or any buttons on the front. How will you operate the phone under water?

That's why the only difference between the S4 and the S4 Active is hardware buttons.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it about the Moto X.

As you can see with the S4 Active, when you have a water proof phone that can take pictures under water you need real hardware keys. Moto X has no dedicated camera button or any buttons on the front. How will you operate the phone under water?

That's why the only difference between the S4 and the S4 Active is hardware buttons.

Can you please explain that further? Are you saying the screen doesn't work under water? Because the active doesn't have a dedicated camera button either. It uses the volume button to capture.

You're right, the Moto X is absolutely not waterproof and attempting to take pictures underwater would be disastrous, but it does have many components coated to make them slightly resistance to the device being briefly exposure to moisture.

jrowe

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
You're right, the Moto X is absolutely not waterproof and attempting to take pictures underwater would be disastrous, but it does have many components coated to make them slightly resistance to the device being briefly exposure to moisture.

Yea, I figured they weren't water*proof* or else that would have been even more of a selling point and marketing ala the Active I was just wondering if anyone had any realistic expectations of what they were deeming as water resistant.

Thanks!

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes there is a App on the playstore called LTE On/Off. It's a shortcut into the settings that allow you to change radios.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=net.andirc.lteonfoff&token=E4wG47-a
I'm not sure what setting you would use though.

I believe it's for folks like me. I lost 20% battery on my Galaxy Nexus this morning while it was in my pocket and searching for signal (train goes underground). I've heard that turning off LTE helps that a lot. As comparison, Sundays I don't travel anywhere with my phone that doesn't have a strong LTE signal and lost the same 20% in 6 hours, not 1.

bskytl

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I found out it was trying to send it to a Bluetooth connection. Disabled blue tooth and it worked...hopefully it will not continue to be a problem. Thanks

dgsull

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Phil, my Moto X is doing weird things while in Active Notifications (see "A mind of its own" thread). It's changed to 24-hour time, gone to the ringtone changing screen, and gone deep into my calendar app while in my pocket on the golf course or on my commute home. Is this a software issue or hardware issue exclusive to my phone? Should I switch out my phone (I still have time) or wait for an update? Verizon doesn't have a clue. Thanks.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Why am I on day 6 and still waiting for them to ship my Dev edition vzw moto x

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I think im going to get this when the wood varient drops. While im no spec ho i was a little concerned about the dual core and all getting bogged down because i like to add quite a few apps and a couple widgets. Can this phone handle it and still run smooth?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I think im going to get this when the wood varient drops. While im no spec ho i was a little concerned about the dual core and all getting bogged down because i like to add quite a few apps and a couple widgets. Can this phone handle it and still run smooth?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

I have around 100 apps downloaded and 5 widgets on my various home screens. The widgets do not slow it down and I see no adverse effect in battery life.