Guys, we now have the preorder live for the Verizon Moto X in white and black. This is in store only!

Posted via Android Central App
    jimbo1mcm likes this.
    08-02-2013 02:09 PM
    How about the Droid Maxx? I have a ton of saved up Best Buy points. It could save me a lot
    08-02-2013 02:24 PM
    I just checked the website. It's up there as well for Sprint and Verizon
    08-02-2013 02:47 PM
    Maxx and Mini are in store as well.

08-02-2013 11:44 PM
    well since the full price is $699 and best buy usuually adds about 100 to the price looks like it will be $599 without contract on verizon. Not to bad wish it would have been a little cheaper but going to pay full retail to save unlimited data
    08-03-2013 11:04 AM
    well since the full price is $699 and best buy usuually adds about 100 to the price looks like it will be $599 without contract on verizon. Not to bad wish it would have been a little cheaper but going to pay full retail to save unlimited data
    And this is where that Verizon Edge plan might come in handy.
    08-03-2013 11:58 AM
    Best buy won't let you do the edge program they confirmed this at a store in my location Springfield pa

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    08-03-2013 01:50 PM
    Best buy won't let you do the edge program they confirmed this at a store in my location Springfield pa

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    Yes that is through Verizon retail outlets only.
    08-03-2013 01:56 PM
    Best Buy should price match Verizon retail price. If you have at least one non unlimited line on the account, you can transfer the upgrade from the unlimited line to the non unlimited line. If you have a family plan already but every one has unlimited, you can add a line and get it. Then later transfer the unlimited line upgrade to to the new line. You can either put a dumb phone on the line or put a dummy phone (no physical phone needed) and just pay $10 per month plus tax.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    08-03-2013 02:02 PM
    Best Buy should price match Verizon retail price. If you have at least one non unlimited line on the account, you can transfer the upgrade from the unlimited line to the non unlimited line. If you have a family plan already but every one has unlimited, you can add a line and get it. Then later transfer the unlimited line upgrade to to the new line. You can either put a dumb phone on the line or put a dummy phone (no physical phone needed) and just pay $10 per month plus tax.

They wont because they don't get all those renewal commissions for selling a phone off contract. It is more worthwhile for them to sell the phone on contract.
    Premium1 likes this.
    08-03-2013 02:18 PM

I know they usually will I was just saying they price their phones about 100 more off contract than Verizon so should be like 599 through Verizon
    08-03-2013 04:42 PM

Will they price match Verizon? I know they recently changed their price matching policies. If Amazon ends up selling the phone for $599 retail I know Best Buy started matching Amazon, so maybe that's an option.
    08-04-2013 10:37 AM
    And this is where that Verizon Edge plan might come in handy.
    All this plans are awful. Better to pay up front if you can.
    09-02-2013 06:45 PM
    They wont because they don't get all those renewal commissions for selling a phone off contract. It is more worthwhile for them to sell the phone on contract.
    Yeah I just read their price matching terms. Only on contract phones.
    09-02-2013 06:47 PM
    All this plans are awful. Better to pay up front if you can.
    Think of the edge plan as a no interest loan.

Regardless of what people think about Verizon's pricing, if you have to buy a phone off contract for whatever reason, would you rather pay 600 up front or divide over monthly payments and have better cash flow?
    Aquila likes this.
    09-02-2013 07:25 PM
    Think of the edge plan as a no interest loan.

Regardless of what people think about Verizon's pricing, if you have to buy a phone off contract for whatever reason, would you rather pay 600 up front or divide over monthly payments and have better cash flow?
    I'd rather pay the 600 up front and not have the extra bill every month.

09-02-2013 07:34 PM
    I'd rather pay the 600 up front and not have the extra bill every month.

Everybody is different. Imagine if your phone broke and you were still not eligible for upgrade and didn't have 600 dollars around.

Now here is another theory and part of the idea of investing.

Since the Edge program is an interest free loan, lets say that over 24 months your payments on the phone is 30 dollars(To make the math easy). Now after you make your initial 30 dollar payment, you take the remaining difference and invest that 570 dollars and it nets you a return of 5 dollars a month. You now reduce the costs of your phone by 115 dollars.

I know most people don't even remotely think like this, but hey

call me crazy.
    09-02-2013 07:45 PM