Anyone else interested in or excited about the X?

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I think it's an interesting device. I think it will be a good way for newcomers to get their feet wet with android. I'm really interested in the device myself. Before I buy it though I'm going to see what the note 3 has to offer. So is anyone else here interested in the X?

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I will buy the Moto X. It is a vast improvement over my GNex and I will be paying off contract price for the phone.

cbatiste1993

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm at least waiting until the LG G2 is announced before I make a final decision but I feel the Moto X has features that are actually useful in everyday life. And an upgrade at AT&T just became available, how convenient ;)

Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I will most likely wait to see what the new nexus offers and then make my decision. For me, it will be between keeping the current nexus 4, getting the new nexus 4, or getting the moto x.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Personally for my self not at all. It was a let down in my book. But if the price was right I was gonna pick one up as a backup phone. So I will wait it out to see what the next Nexus device has to offer. However I hope the device sells well and makes Moto successful.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm at least waiting until the LG G2 is announced before I make a final decision but I feel the Moto X has features that are actually useful in everyday life. And an upgrade at AT&T just became available, how convenient ;)

Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app

I feel like we already know everything about the G2. Specs sound great. If the phone isn't coming out until late September we won't have any good reviews for at least another month though.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm excited for the real world end user reviews to come in. I'm on Verizon so I'm looking more towards the Droid Maxx. Moto has got my attention.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
It can't get in my house fast enough. lol. GET IN MY HOUSE! (first Sprint phone i've wanted in 4 years).

Last edited:

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I am excited... On AT&T and have an upgrade available.

I am on VZW and likely to MAXX over X, but I am still excited. I look forward to all the posts showing the customized designs. This may be the only phone I don't plan to buy that I follow closely.

lostaggie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I am on VZW and likely to MAXX over X, but I am still excited. I look forward to all the posts showing the customized designs. This may be the only phone I don't plan to buy that I follow closely.

My biggest reason is made in the US so not sure if I would look at Droid if I had the option. I am not a huge Android fan. I really enjoy my iPhone 5. But we need to do more to keep jobs here. Guess this is my driver to change.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I will buy the Moto X. It is a vast improvement over my GNex and I will be paying off contract price for the phone.

Although not a guarantee I will be buying it, I'm definitely intrigued and looking to replace my Galaxy Nexus as well. Problem is I want the wood version, which won't be out for a few months at least. And who knows if another phone will be announced by then.

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I am quite interested in the X for one simple reason: form factor.

I really dislike that Android has crept into this 5" behemoth realm. Even though I have big hands I do appreciate the 4.5"-4.7" sized devices more than the big daddies.

Right now it's between the X, the Droids, and the HTC One (whenever it comes to Verizon) for me. I've spent a lot of time with the HTC One and really think it's an excellent phone, if not a bit oversized and cluttered -- Sense, while improved, is still utter trash in my eyes. The Droids offer the features we've been talking about so much on here as they've been seen on the X, but I'm not a fan of the 5", 720p screens, or the way they look. Obviously, the battery life of the Maxx is tempting but I rarely find myself unable to plug into a charger at least once a day, even when I'm flying.

Right now, the Moto X is looking like the best compromise of all these features for me. Before anybody flips their lid and burns me for tech-spec-heresy, I did not say "best phone." Though its hardware may be decidedly outgunned by the GS4 and HTC one (a point that has been repeated ad nauseam here), it looks like the steps that Motorola have taken to optimize its performance have been successful. Combined with what I believe to be an attractive, customizable design, a long-lasting battery, and useful features, this might be a winner for my personal uses.

Would I prefer it to be cheaper? Sure. But I feel that way about everything I want to buy. :cool:

Last edited:

roadkizzle

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I have my AT&T upgrade at the end of this month, and I'll be jumping at the chance to get this over the One or the S4. I hate the design philosophies that's gripped Android OEMs over the last year or two of just being on an unmitigated specs race without actually bringing phones with anything to bear that'll actually improve our ability to use our phones for our lives.

I love that Moto has been able to get an extremely smooth and speedy device that all the reviewers have been showing actually operates better than the spec beasts currently out without resorting to the same crutches. They actually took thought in how to best make a device suited to their human consumers.

I really think that the Active Display will be a great addition and streamline my phone usage. I really like the look of the Touchless Controls... Especially when coupled with the Trusted Bluetooth capabilities and Moto Assist. I don't know how much use I'll get out of the Touchless Controls butit'sbound to be much more useful to me then Google Now currently is.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Atm I'm playing the wait and see with T-Mobile. I might move to an ATT prepaid for this phone but idky.

I wish they'd say something about T-Mobile. The report is you will be able to buy it unlocked from Moto website, yet it seems like AT&T has exclusive for customizing, but then when you buy from AT&T you actually get transferred to the Moto site. So idk if the Moto magic is gonna be available on the unlocked version as well. Because it seems like that T-Mo will not have a version and the unlocked will work on both. Which would make my day since I don't like carrier logos. But otoh if AT&T does indeed have exclusive use of customizing and NOT just exclusive to carrier customizing, then it could be months before we see an unlocked version for sale. Maybe I'll hold on to what I have and just get myself one for Christmas.

I'm excited, but I'm also a bit annoyed that no information on availability is out yet.

dpw2atox

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I also plan on picking up the X on Verizon, I like the soft keys as opposed to the capacitive touch buttons on the Droids plus I think a 4.7in screen is about perfect for both general use and fitting in your pocket, the 5in is just too big in my opinion. I currently have a Bionic and after how botched its release as well as how poor its data connection was I initially swore never to buy a Motorola phone again. While the X might not be the leader of the pack in specs, its a HUGE improvement over my Bionic and I think they picked a good balance between battery life and performance and it won me over.

Now I just have to decide if I am getting the developer edition or the regular edition.......

Saturn1217

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I actually think in a lot of ways the moto x is a great device. Every review I've seen says the performance is just fine and as long as it stays that way I'd have no problem with the slightly lower specs.

The one thing that basically ruins this phone for me is the subpar camera. Every review I've seen thus far and all the pics I've seen suggest the camera is not up to par and in some ways might be a step back from what I already have (which is a galaxy nexus...). The washed out hazy look of many of the pics and low color saturation (don't care how accurate it is) worries me most.

The form factor of this phone though basically nails it for me. I would love to keep my screen size but in a smaller phone and the build quality seems great. Will probably never use the touchless controls but the active display seems cool. And stock android + on screen buttons means I don't have to get used to a new UI. Just hope some miracle software update can fix the camera....

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm excited for the real world end user reviews to come in. I'm on Verizon so I'm looking more towards the Droid Maxx. Moto has got my attention.
I'm on Verizon too, but to me the Moto X seems like the better phone, sure the maxx has the bigger battery but a $100 higher price tag, mid range and in china? thats unacceptable :p

Although not a guarantee I will be buying it, I'm definitely intrigued and looking to replace my Galaxy Nexus as well. Problem is I want the wood version, which won't be out for a few months at least. And who knows if another phone will be announced by then.
Sure another phone will be announced by then. LG G2, Note 3, IPhone 5s and 5c, HTC One Maxx, Nexus 5, who knows.

Yes I'm interested in this phone. Infact I can't wait to get the phone in my hands. I like what Motorola is doing with this phone the X8, the Touch-less control and Active Notifications. I like how it fits you hand (supposedly), its small but hefty form factor and easy to use 4.7" screen. The camera is said to be the best Motorola's done, even though spotty sounds like a upgrade to my old moto, it's spotty, but if its better than my droid 4, and I think those are decent shots. I wish there was going to be a droid 5 as I still love my slid out keyboard, though this is the 2nd best.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital