08-30-2013 11:57 AM
57 123
tools
    I went in store and played with a maxx today and man that screen is nice. Much better than I thought it would be for 5". If the x is anything like it I won't be disappointed in the least even with it only being 720p
    08-22-2013 08:28 PM
    I went in store and played with a maxx today and man that screen is nice. Much better than I thought it would be for 5". If the x is anything like it I won't be disappointed in the least even with it only being 720p
    I was able to play with an X at the local AT&T store this morning and it looks very nice. The whites looked very nice, so I venture the guess that the color warmth was adjusted since the pre-production models were rolled out for the press.
    08-23-2013 02:37 PM
    I was able to play with an X at the local AT&T store this morning and it looks very nice. The whites looked very nice, so I venture the guess that the color warmth was adjusted since the pre-production models were rolled out for the press.
    I played with an X at AT&T about an hour ago. I love it. I knew it was smaller than my Galaxy Nexus, but I was still surprised at how great it felt in hand. I'm not at all tempted by the Droid Maxx anymore.

The woven white back is pretty sweet looking. I hate the white front, though.
    Paisley and Premium1 like this.
    08-23-2013 05:08 PM
    I played with an X at AT&T about an hour ago. I love it. I knew it was smaller than my Galaxy Nexus, but I was still surprised at how great it felt in hand. I'm not at all tempted by the Droid Maxx anymore.

I meant the screen's white balance. It put my Gnex to total shame.
    08-23-2013 05:48 PM
    I meant the screen's white balance. It put my Gnex to total shame.
    Oh, I wasn't commenting on what you said about the screen. I know that's what you were referencing.
    08-23-2013 05:48 PM
    Can i ask why you are leaving your gs3?
    I'm not a big fan of the physical button, first android phone I bought with a physical button and I don't like it. I've rooted my phone to get rid of TW but the stock roms feel like they are always in beta with a bug here and there. So you can say reasons being physical button and TW.
    08-30-2013 10:29 AM
    I went from the Maxx to the Moto X. Two totally different animals in my opinion. The Maxx has a ridiculous battery but the form factor of the Moto X is incredible. The Moto X feels like its part of my hand while the Maxx felt like I was holding a brick. Since 2006 I have dropped my phone 4 times and 2 of the times were with the Maxx during the week that I had it. It's big and heavy, not at all comfortable to grip and I have fairly large hands. The Maxx has a very nice build quality but it's just not for me.

08-30-2013 11:57 AM
57 123