First watch this great video about the new Texas plant where the MOTO X is being assembled.

So, is it MADE IN THE USA or just assembled? All I have read is that it's assembled in the US. Either way, the average consumer is going to see this video, remember it next time they go to their local wireless store and might buy the MOTO X. Good Job Motorola.
    08-07-2013 10:36 PM
    The parts are made elsewhere and shipped here for assembly.
    08-08-2013 02:39 AM
    Assembled in the U.S, Motorola made a pretty big deal with that. But if I remember right some parts were also made in the U.S.
    08-08-2013 01:27 PM
    I really would love to have an idea how much of the phone is actually made in America. I think we'll have to wait till at least iFixit does a teardown but that will probably just allow us to guess.
    08-08-2013 02:21 PM
    I've read 70% in some articles.
    08-08-2013 03:09 PM
    For the people i've told about the phone, for the touchless Ive gotten everything ranging from mouth open, to scary to sounds to good to be true, but when I tell them its made in the u.s. they have an extremely positive reacation. 2,000 jobs, I think its fg awesome, ppl in stores will like that a lot. I think it will be on consumers plus list.

I wonder though where the black and white ones are assembled.
    08-08-2013 04:44 PM
    I wonder though where the black and white ones are assembled.
    In the same factory. Why would it be any different?
    08-08-2013 04:46 PM
    I got the feeling they were doing it in the u.s. to get the custome phone orders out in a timely manner. I thought well, maybe they are being shady and saying Moto maker phones are made in the u.s. making people believe they all are. . Wow, thats 2,000 people they pay ranging from 12-25/hour. Thats pretty cool.
    08-08-2013 04:53 PM
    It's only 2000 by the end of August.

They've said 3000 by the end of September i believe.
    08-08-2013 05:11 PM
    I got the feeling they were doing it in the u.s. to get the custome phone orders out in a timely manner.
    Well, they are. But there are also people already working in the factory. I don't think they're being paid to stand around and do nothing while they wait for MotoMaker to launch. They were shown assembling phones on an ABC News clip. Hell, Android Central has posted at least one article with a picture of people working in the factory.
    08-08-2013 05:20 PM
    Well, they are. But there are also people already working in the factory. I don't think they're being paid to stand around and do nothing while they wait for MotoMaker to launch. They were shown assembling phones on an ABC News clip. Hell, Android Central has posted at least one article with a picture of people working in the factory.
    oh, i believe you, i just had never asked before and didn't really look at the photos, saw a glance of one.

that is so awesome. i am gonna be really happy to own an electronic made the in the u.s.

Now if it only had 9 more cores. *sarcasm* lol
    08-08-2013 05:31 PM