Moto Waiting Too Long to Take Pre-Orders!?!?

lostaggie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I think Moto is making a mistake waiting too long between the announcement and taking orders for this device. I was really excited but now that excitement is waning and I am thinking the camera is going to be a big sore spot for me.

I will be honest... I am not a Android fan and this delay is making me over think the change from iOS. I was ready to go because of the Assembled in US thing but man are they taking their sweet time moving...

The iPhone announcement is right around the corner now (September 10)!

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
You mean ordering from Moto directly? (Is that possible? Idk). Best buy (For verizon, at&t, sprint) and U.S Cellular are currently taking pre-orders. It's up to the carrier / retailer to start accepting pre-orders not Motorola.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Is Best Buy taking Pre-Orders using Moto-Maker?

No I believe it's only black or white. I don't think Moto Maker won't be availble until launch. You gotta remember this is the first time were doing this with smartphones and in the u.s you gotta give them time. I know its hard as a consumer but you gotta look at both sides. :p

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
I think Moto is making a mistake waiting too long between the announcement and taking orders for this device. I was really excited but now that excitement is waning and I am thinking the camera is going to be a big sore spot for me.

I will be honest... I am not a Android fan and this delay is making me over think the change from iOS. I was ready to go because of the Assembled in US thing but man are they taking their sweet time moving...

Don't blame you. I suffered with a terrible Moto camera then switched to my iPhone 5. Huge Difference but I want a droid so Nexus 5 will be my choice.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

What is good about pre-order? Is it the safety of knowing it won't sell out? What carrier are you on?

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Those are preorders with no knowledge of stock levels...

When is the real deal coming from Moto or AT&T?

For that my guess for Motomaker it'll be closer to the launch. They have to be as ready as can be for that, last things you want is a screw up. There isn't an precedent for something like this that says it should be otherwise. Ah heck, we don't even know when this thing is being released. lol.

Anyone wanna take bets?

my bet is ... August 29th. No, Sept 4th.

For the black and white phones, i'm with sprint, mine is going to hold one for me with a $50 gift card purchase, which i'll do this week or next, (because on the 23rd a few employees will have handsets after an event that's on the (21st?)). that's how my store does it, not sure about other sprints/carriers.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
i am going to agree with this one i am on att and really want to pre order and yet nothing by the time pre orders start G2, iPhone, and note 3 may be out i just dislike these guys announcing phones with no date of pre order and availability when apple does it and lately nokia you get a pre order date and availability all we get its coming soon to all 4 carriers we hope by end of august hang in there with us google dang man all this money and we still haven't learned that if you announce product should be ready to ship within 2 weeks. Just my thoughts....

lostaggie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
i am going to agree with this one i am on att and really want to pre order and yet nothing by the time pre orders start G2, iPhone, and note 3 may be out i just dislike these guys announcing phones with no date of pre order and availability when apple does it and lately nokia you get a pre order date and availability all we get its coming soon to all 4 carriers we hope by end of august hang in there with us google dang man all this money and we still haven't learned that if you announce product should be ready to ship within 2 weeks. Just my thoughts....

That is what I am getting at... If you weren't ready don't announce! And at least make the camera nice!