08-23-2013 02:36 PM
30 12
tools
    I'm gonna use a basic line upgrade to buy the Moto X then switch it to my other line to keep the data plan. Do I put an old motorolla for trade up on my line or the basic line? Will that even work? Between this 100 bucks and whatever I can get for my nexus I should have the Moto X paid for, if they let that happen...

Posted via Android Central App
    I seriously think it wouldn't matter even if it would need to be active at all. I emailed them to ask about the trade even needing to be activated at all, but apparently "does the old motorola need to be active on the line" was tough to decifer b/c they answered "to find out which are eligble please click this link". Um, okay. So i think are good in any case but if you really felt the need to choose i would go with the line for which you purchased the phone...

"when the used phone was not active at the time of the new phone purchase".
    (I mean, technically that doesn't even mean much at all. lol. active on any line? any random line? lol.)

i activated my Admiral this morning. cute little phone! i kinda like it. also kinda wanna keep it.
    08-21-2013 04:34 PM
    i just realized, if you buy a mini droid from wirefly, which is $50 on contract, and then get $100 rebate, you actually get $50 and the phone. lol.
    08-22-2013 11:32 PM
    So I can trade in the Moto XPRT, but not my old Droid Pro, which is the exact same phone with a different name??

If I opt to stay on Verizon, I'll have to take it in and see if I can get any sort of trade for it at the store.
    08-23-2013 06:24 AM
    I have the Atrix HD. I wonder when it moves to the "Trade In" category so I can Trade Up to the X?
    08-23-2013 09:22 AM
    I don't understand the trade-in element at all. Not that I care all that much but the whole reason Motorola is supposed to be doing the $100 off is because they abandoned implementation of ICS at the last minute on the Motorola Atrix 4G, etc devices after promoting it was coming for months and months. What makes them think they deserve anyone's phone that they left high and dry when you were still under contract?
    08-23-2013 02:36 PM
30 12