08-23-2013 03:36 PM
30 12
tools
    mototradeup.com

Originally seen here:
    Deal alert: $100 off Moto X, Droid Ultra, Maxx and Mini with Motorola

The newly announced Motorola handsets have been included in Motorolas trade up program, which gets qualifying customers a $100 rebate on their chosen handset.

In order to get the $100 back from Motorola which will be awarded in form of a Motorola Visa Prepaid Card that will be shipped within 6-8 weeks after completing the process youll have to buy your chosen device first, whether its a Moto X, Droid Ultra, Maxx or Mini.
    Paisley, grooks and SteelGator like this.
    08-14-2013 07:48 PM
    Nice! I don't own one, but i'll see if i can aquire one. . Either way, super cool.
    08-14-2013 08:02 PM
    I actually have and old Motorola X2 I could trade in.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    08-14-2013 08:09 PM
    am i reading that correctly, if i own any of the allowed trade up phones, there's no catch, i can get $100 for it. I don't have to switch over to anyone or do anything? cuz i am about to aquire an old motorola SO FAST if that is the case. I read through the facts and i didn't see anything that suggested any catches but...
    08-14-2013 08:12 PM
    am i reading that correctly, if i own any of the allowed trade up phones, there's no catch, i can get $100 for it. I don't have to switch over to anyone or do anything? cuz i am about to aquire an old motorola SO FAST if that is the case. I read through the facts and i didn't see anything that suggested any catches but...
    7.2 Program Requirements. In order to participate in the Program, you must have an eligible used smartphone as listed here. The Program is only valid within the United States. You must be a minimum of 18 years of age to participate. The Program is not valid on stolen property, pre-production or prototype smartphones. The site is for the exclusive use by consumers and is strictly prohibited for use by wireless dealer's, retailers, or corporate accounts. There is a maximum of five (5) trade-ins per household. Requests from PO boxes will not be honored or acknowledged. Limit one device per postmarked envelope. A valid proof of purchase is a) an copy of the sales receipt or b) a copy of the UPC code from the smartphone box. Limit one Motorola Visa prepaid card per IMEI number. Clover Wireless has the right to reject any trade-up submissions where 1) the used phone is submitted by anyone other than the user of the used phone and 2) when the used phone was not active at the time of the new phone purchase and 3) the trade-up voucher was not signed by you and 4) there is an invalid proof of purchase or 5) we believe there to be fraudulent intentions. Without a valid proof of purchase, you will not receive the $100 Motorola Visa prepaid card. Clover Wireless is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected or postage due mail or requests. We recommend making a photocopy of your submission for your records. Any attempt at fraud will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Offer void where prohibited.
    08-14-2013 08:24 PM
    trade-ins per household. Requests from PO boxes will not be honored or acknowledged. Limit one device per postmarked envelope. A valid proof of purchase is a) an copy of the sales receipt or b) a copy of the UPC code from the smartphone box. Limit one Motorola Visa prepaid card per IMEI number. Clover Wireless has the right to reject any trade-up submissions where 1) the used phone is submitted by anyone other than the user of the used phone and 2) when the used phone was not active at the time of the new phone purchase and 3) the trade-up voucher was not signed by you and 4) there is an invalid proof of purchase or 5) we believe there to be fraudulent intentions. Without a valid proof of purchase, you will not receive the $100 Motorola Visa prepaid card. Clover Wireless is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected or postage due mail or requests. We recommend making a photocopy of your submission for your records. Any attempt at fraud will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Offer void where prohibited
    Thanks so much. : )
    08-14-2013 08:29 PM
    oops, nev mind this post.
    08-14-2013 08:58 PM
    Guess I could trade in my old Droid 3, even though I like keeping my phones. Though I went to the site and since I'll be getting a verizon Moto X probably, it says I get a verizon giftcard. I probably won't, I guess $100 my NEXT smartphone would be nice, but dosen't seem that worth it. And I don't buy accessories really. Now if we got $100 to Google Play or something that would be amazing. or at least $50..
    08-14-2013 10:11 PM
    Use it to pay your bill.
    Aquila likes this.
    08-14-2013 10:19 PM
    Had an old Droid 3 on my wife's line (not a family plan). If Verizon will let me trade that in that seals the deal for me.
    08-14-2013 11:11 PM
    Damn the old phone has to be active! I was going to trade in my brother's old inactive Motorola triumph... :/

08-15-2013 01:14 AM

Paisley and Aquila like this.
    08-15-2013 01:21 AM
    Damn the old phone has to be active! I was going to trade in my brother's old inactive Motorola triumph... :/

activate it on your line.
    08-15-2013 06:06 AM
    So the one section mentions contract and ETFs still apply, but no where does it specifically say this has to be bought on contract. Am I missing something, or is there any reason a full price off-contract purchase wouldn't be eligible?
    08-15-2013 07:43 AM
    So the one section mentions contract and ETFs still apply, but no where does it specifically say this has to be bought on contract. Am I missing something, or is there any reason a full price off-contract purchase wouldn't be eligible?
    If you're under a contract, moto and clover will not supersede the existing terms.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    08-15-2013 07:51 AM
    yeah, i didn't get that either. i think what they're referring to is your purchasing from whatever carrier and doing with whatever you're doing with your phone. That was the question i actually put in my "never mind this post" post. I think you can ignore it. you're fine.
    08-15-2013 08:04 AM
    No love for the Droid X. Thanks Motorola. Guess I will trade it on an S4 or Note and get the $50 Samsung trade in at Best Buy.

Sort of dumb to not offer to an old loyal customer. Would have upgraded the X long ago if they put a decent camera on one of their phones. Once gone, not likely I will be coming back to Moto.
    comk4ver likes this.
    08-15-2013 11:12 AM
    You can do this at a Verizon store with just some Motorola off the street. Doesn't have to be linked to your account at all. You just need to give them the device and they have to scan in one of the Droids from their local inventory.

Posted via Android Central App
    Paisley likes this.
    08-15-2013 01:55 PM
    You can do this at a Verizon store with just some Motorola off the street. Doesn't have to be linked to your account at all. You just need to give them the device and they have to scan in one of the Droids from their local inventory.

woot! Thanks for confirming. I was debated whether to put it on my account just to be sure, !

Just aquired my motorola phone today, yay for saving $75 (after aquiring my motorola).
    08-15-2013 02:04 PM
    And another kick in the nads for the Bionic owners :-(

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4
    08-15-2013 05:07 PM
    TalkAndroid wrote an article on the $100 rebate offered by Motorola

Motorola offering $100 rebate on purchase of Moto X or new Droid Models
    08-15-2013 05:34 PM

Are you talking about this $100 carrier credit or just a trade-in? Because Verizon won't give you hardly anything for a trade-in unless you have an iPhone.
    08-15-2013 05:48 PM
    activate it on your line.
    The triumph is a Virgin mobile phone therefore I can't activate it on my Verizon wireless account. However, I just came from Target and they have a similar promotion with a trade in but it depends on your phone. Idk if I could use that triumph for Verizon.

08-19-2013 10:55 PM
    I'm gonna use a basic line upgrade to buy the Moto X then switch it to my other line to keep the data plan. Do I put an old motorolla for trade up on my line or the basic line? Will that even work? Between this 100 bucks and whatever I can get for my nexus I should have the Moto X paid for, if they let that happen...

08-21-2013 04:22 PM
    All those neon green razr's I have from 2005 are truly worthless then I guess.
    08-21-2013 05:24 PM
30 12