So there's an accessory that will let you NFC Tap the phone, and unlock it for you.. This is the wearable one that you can clip to your pocket.. Which is pretty sweet, Yet I feel swiping your finger isnt that hard, this is just an "Awe" factor..

Anyway.. Here's the details:
    From the the Front Page
    Unlock your phone via NFC with a tap on this wearable accessory.

Motorola has just put up an odd Moto X accessory for sale called the "Skip" which unlocks your Moto X when you take it out of your pocket. The "wearable accessory" clips onto your shirt or pants near where you keep your Moto X in your pocket, and unlocks the device via NFC when you swipe past it. Yup, that's all it does and Motorola is asking $20 for this accessory to boot.

A support document showing setup and troubleshooting information for the Skip indicates that it's simple to set up by tapping your Moto X to it once and following the settings prompts. But we're still unsure how this is any notable amount faster to unlock your phone than pulling it out and hitting the power button with your thumb. Presumably you'll have to hold the phone for some amount of time over the NFC antenna in the device to make sure it works.

It will be interesting to see how it works with PIN and password lock screens (there's no indication right now), as well as with Motorola's trusted Bluetooth technology that keeps the phone unlocked when in range of paired Bluetooth devices. Interested in picking one up for your upcoming Moto X purchase? Motorola is already selling them directly for $20 from its own site at the source link below..

Motorola's Guide:
    https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,8696
    08-16-2013 08:11 AM
    20 bucks to save a finger flick? Thanks, but no thanks... NFC is not picking up and getting near-to-useless accessories is just a way to justify having it in a phone.
    08-16-2013 08:36 AM
    Yep. Read about it on some little site. Android Central. I hear it's going places.

Moto X 'Skip' unlocking accessory now available for $20 | Android Central
    SpookDroid and JimBen73 like this.
    08-16-2013 08:37 AM
    20 bucks to save a finger flick? Thanks, but no thanks... NFC is not picking up and getting near-to-useless accessories is just a way to justify having it in a phone.
    For people who make tons of phone calls throughout the day, esp if they are busy and or often on the move, it could def. come in handy.
    08-16-2013 09:08 AM
    A little update ... If you design a phone in Moto Maker, you'll get it for free.

Motorola Skip will be free (at first) for custom Moto X owners | Android Central
    Aquila and Gamer_Radar like this.
    08-16-2013 09:23 AM
    A little update ... If you design a phone in Moto Maker, you'll get it for free.

Motorola Skip will be free (at first) for custom Moto X owners | Android Central
    oh boy
    08-16-2013 09:26 AM
    Yep. Read about it on some little site. Android Central. I hear it's going places.

Moto X 'Skip' unlocking accessory now available for $20 | Android Central
    1. Forgot it was on the homepage, where I first read it.
    2. I figured we could discuss it in the forums since there was no post..

will edit with AC Link and article
    08-16-2013 09:30 AM
    "Skip dots" wow!! with that I think $20 is worth it
    08-16-2013 10:41 AM
    I think I'm going to be sticking with the Trusted Bluetooth. This'll give me lock free zones at work, home, and the car... Or anywhere I go if i invest in a smartwatch, Bluetooth headset, or even just a cheap key finder/tag.

Although I'm really wondering how they mean to use the Skip Dots. Unless they're also just some standard NFC chip and you're expected to tap it every time you want to use your phone (sans lock). The Bluetooth system just seems much more useful and requires much less thought and time.
    Gamer_Radar likes this.
    08-16-2013 10:49 AM
    I think I'm going to be sticking with the Trusted Bluetooth. This'll give me lock free zones at work, home, and the car... Or anywhere I go if i invest in a smartwatch, Bluetooth headset, or even just a cheap key finder/tag.

Although I'm really wondering how they mean to use the Skip Dots. Unless they're also just some standard NFC chip and you're expected to tap it every time you want to use your phone (sans lock). The Bluetooth system just seems much more useful and requires much less thought and time.

I agree, the Trusted Bluetooth system is the way to go. I'd buy a Bluetooth "chip" to keep in my pocket so my phone wouldn't lock until it was separated from the chip. I always have a pin on my phone which I understand will impact the use of Active Display and Always Listening. This will solve that problem.
    Gamer_Radar likes this.
    08-18-2013 01:11 PM
    I agree, the Trusted Bluetooth system is the way to go. I'd buy a Bluetooth "chip" to keep in my pocket so my phone wouldn't lock until it was separated from the chip. I always have a pin on my phone which I understand will impact the use of Active Display and Always Listening. This will solve that problem.
    From what everything I have read it seems like phone security will have very little effect on Active Display. There are supposed to be settings to set how much information is shown when the phone has security locks but it always looks like you can have the phone display all the pertinent information even with a lock although if you're worried about privacy then you can set it to display less.

The Touchless Controls on the other hand do seem to need less phone security to easily function though.
    08-18-2013 02:09 PM
    This annoys me. Why can't the people who get basic black or white phones at launch get free Skips? It's not my fault that Motorola gave the exclusivity for Moto Maker to AT&T. If I'm supporting the phone at launch, I feel like I should also get the benefit of a free Skip.
    jephanie, bennolen and sholzer like this.
    08-18-2013 02:23 PM
    This annoys me. Why can't the people who get basic black or white phones at launch get free Skips? It's not my fault that Motorola gave the exclusivity for Moto Maker to AT&T. If I'm supporting the phone at launch, I feel like I should also get the benefit of a free Skip.
    Because ATT was willing to pay a LOT of money to get that exclusivity... more then VZW or any other Carrier
    Ry likes this.
    08-19-2013 12:25 AM
    With Bluetooth LE and trusted Bluetooth device, this could be really useful. I almost never have any type if password lock at all.

Sent from my XT890 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    08-19-2013 01:43 AM
    Any word yet on how this will work with Pin and passcode locked devices yet? I like the idea of this but I think I like the dots better.
    08-19-2013 11:17 AM
    So does 'always unlocked' when around the Skip dot or trusted bluetooth device mean the screen stays on that whole time? Or does it mean you only have to hit the power button to turn on the screen, but not swipe or type in a code to unlock? I could see that being a huge battery drain if the screen stays on.

And have fun taking that little clip on and off your clothes every day. For $20, you should get like 15 of them to put on every pair of pants you own.
    MarqBland likes this.
    08-19-2013 01:06 PM
    So does 'always unlocked' when around the Skip dot or trusted bluetooth device mean the screen stays on that whole time? Or does it mean you only have to hit the power button to turn on the screen, but not swipe or type in a code to unlock? I could see that being a huge battery drain if the screen stays on.
    Best I can tell the "dots" are simply NFC devices that will cause an action when you engage them, but I don't believe (but am not certain) that they
    continue that action while in proximity of the phone... so you can bump the phone to the dot and bypass your lock code with the dot but if you lay the phone down and the screen shuts down you'll probably have to bump it again or enter your lock code.
    With the "trusted bluetooth device" feature after pairing and connecting with the device you enter your lock code and the phone won't require an unlock code as long as it is connected to that device.
    I've had my D Maxx for a couple of days now and when I get into my vehicle and start it the phone automatically connects with the bluetooth in the vehicle. I enter my security code and unlock the phone, and as long as I'm connected with the vehicle's bt I don't have to bother with the security code whether the screen is dark or not. But as soon as the vehicle is shut down I'll have to use my lock code.
    I've decided that I'm going to try one of these new bluetooth LE devices. Put it in my wallet or on my keychain and I won't have to be entering the code but if I happen to get separated from my phone it will be locked...
    Elite - The world's most comprehensive lost and found system | Indiegogo
    08-23-2013 10:44 PM
    According to the skip reviews I've seen, if you keep the phone sitting on a dot it will keep the pass code disabled. This was demo'd on the pocketnow video of the skip.
    08-24-2013 10:16 AM
    So an accessory I can clip to my clothes and lose how many times to the laundry basket or washing machine. Just because I am too lazy to unlock my phone. I have a much better idea for you. It costs more but you won't look like a dork. NFC Ring by John McLear — Kickstarter Since the Kickstarter has closed, you can visit here NFC Ring
    08-24-2013 02:53 PM
    So an accessory I can clip to my clothes and lose how many times to the laundry basket or washing machine. Just because I am too lazy to unlock my phone. I have a much better idea for you. It costs more but you won't look like a dork. NFC Ring by John McLear Kickstarter Since the Kickstarter has closed, you can visit here NFC Ring
    I would'nt actually keep this on my Belt.. I'd have this in my car.. with the car mount.. That way it'd auto unlock while docked...
    Doesnt have to stay on your pants...
    08-25-2013 09:14 AM
    I would'nt actually keep this on my Belt.. I'd have this in my car.. with the car mount.. That way it'd auto unlock while docked...
    Doesnt have to stay on your pants...
    If your car has BT, you can use the "Trusted Devices" feature to autounlock while connected to your car's BT!
    08-25-2013 11:32 AM