Sprint, August 23rd. Woot! edit: maybe?

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Just called Sprint, he checked the release date in their computer, woot! 8/23.

Ah yeah, next friday, i haz my first Android.

1tumblr_lgp6q5NhE21qcjtu8o1_500.gif

a really cute one that isn't ginormous that's super smart and is probably the most innovative phone since the palm pre. (yeah, i need to get out more, i admit it. :D)

edit: i dunno man, no announcement from Sprint yet? that's just weird.

Last edited:

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Sprint, August 23rd. Woot!

so this is your first Android?? what was your previous phone?

i'm on a palm pre. other phones never really appealed to me (if anything i disliked them). plus when i go up to a new phone i'll have to do a $10/mo surcharge so since i wasn't interested in any of the phones i just hung on to my beloved palm. : ). it's the X that's making me make the move, otherwise i'd stay with my Pre.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

i'm on a palm pre. other phones never really appealed to me (if anything i disliked them). plus when i go up to a new phone i'll have to do a $10/mo surcharge so since i wasn't interested in any of the phones i just hung on to my beloved palm. : ). it's the X that's making me make the move, otherwise i'd stay with my Pre.
welcome to Android and congrat

hounddogdaddy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

That is how I got on android central as well, I really miss my palm pre. I think that it has been my favorite phone, and was my first smartphone.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

That is how I got on android central as well, I really miss my palm pre. I think that it has been my favorite phone, and was my first smartphone.

Right?! That is one well beloved phone. 2 out of the 3 or 4 phone reps i've talked to in stores this week literally said "aw man, i went through like 4 palm pres" then they got the same wistful look. May have been my first smart phone too. Well, had an HTC Touch Point. or as i remember it, hell phone. lol. Then i got a BB just to tide me over until the palm came out. Even to this day it loads the internet faster than my other friend's phones in 3G. I took my case off this month as an ode to it since i will be saying goodbye. Some days i don't even want to, but then i realize and i can't call out to it when i'm looking for it and i know the moto needs to be my new phone. Will you be getting the X? It's funny, i compare them in my mind, there really isn't anything as special as the Pre.

that's funny that that's how you got here too. :D

mech1164

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site

Good to have you on here. I myself came very much in the same way. Had an OG iPhone on tmo. I left that when the pre came out. Was standing in line the morning it came out. Still have it though now it's more of a curiosity. Then I went to android with the Evo 4G. Loved that phone once it was rooted and rommed. Then I got the Evo LTE. Nearly lost me on that one. Left Sprint and got a Gnex on tmo. Best thing I did. All the while getting my info and support from the fine people on this site.

Again congrats and welcome. You are going to love that Moto X.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

. I left that when the pre came out. Was standing in line the morning it came out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

yup. :D. me too.

Good to have you on here. I myself came very much in the same way. Again congrats and welcome. You are going to love that Moto X.

thanks. : ).

I have 72 apps in my google play wishlist, and i'm being so conservative! eep. i'm glad this thing comes out on a friday. lol.

Last edited:

hounddogdaddy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I didn't even have to line up! :) my store did pre-orders and I got one of only a handful of devices. When I picked it up there was some lady just blasting the sales rep for not being able to buy one. The look on her face when they handed me mine was priceless :D There is just something so cool about the vertical sliders. I loved my LG chocolate for the same reason.
I am getting the x. I have a GS3 that is just over a year old, but my coverage with sprint has just gotten unusable the past month. I drop 10 - 15 calls a day. And that doesn't even count all the time when I just can't understand what the other person is saying because I have no signal. I am trying to get them to waive my ETF, but will pay it if I have to.
AT&T and my Navy with Yellow trim here I come! I am also looking forward to finally having 4G coverage. It just flies in comparison.

Sent from the future by way of the past

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

I didn't even have to line up! :) my store did pre-orders and I got one of only a handful of devices. When I picked it up there was some lady just blasting the sales rep for not being able to buy one. The look on her face when they handed me mine was priceless :D There is just something so cool about the vertical sliders. I loved my LG chocolate for the same reason.
I am getting the x. I have a GS3 that is just over a year old, but my coverage with sprint has just gotten unusable the past month. I drop 10 - 15 calls a day. And that doesn't even count all the time when I just can't understand what the other person is saying because I have no signal. I am trying to get them to waive my ETF, but will pay it if I have to.
AT&T and my Navy with Yellow trim here I come! I am also looking forward to finally having 4G coverage. It just flies in comparison.

Sent from the future by way of the past

wow, that sucks about your coverage, it'll be so great when you switch!

yeah, my pre experience had me nervous like they would run out of motos, lol, but i realize that won't happen. I look forward to pics of your moto maked phone. : )

(i think it'll be another year before manhattan gets LTE! crazy, but my coverage for calls is fantastic here, so...)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21