08-21-2013 11:31 AM
32 12
tools
    Some people just enjoy making something out of nothing, end of story.

Yes, agreed, this has been a botched release... Of a product that hasn't even been released...

Oh, the interwebs.
    08-21-2013 03:44 AM
    So tomorrow, or end of next week, whatever... Every customer of Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile, Rogers and every other carrier in the world except AT&T will get 100% of what was promised to them for a launch. AT&T will get everything except the engraving, because it's not up to code.

Optimistically, we think this phone will sell what... 3 million units? But just for easy numbers, lets say it's 8 million. Lets say those 8 million people represent .1% of the world. Of those 8 million, 2 million would be AT&T customers. Lets call that .025% of the world. Of those 2 million, lets say optimistically half use Moto maker instead of walking home with a phone. That's .0125%. How many of those will buy it on release day? The ledge may be very front heavy, perhaps 80%. That leaves .0100% (and remember we were being very optimistic) of the world's population that are being negatively impacted by the lack of engraving, and thus receiving less than what has been announced thus far. 999/1000 people will not buy this phone, and of those that do, 90% are receiving 100% of what has been promised to them. The other 10%, if they were going to engrave anything, might want to wait a week or two to see if that feature is going to be reinstated.

Bottom line, 99.99% (at least) of the planet is receiving exactly what Motorola has said they will.
    TheLibertarian likes this.
    08-21-2013 04:43 AM
    this is all so irrelevant in so very soon. We'll find out how it really goes soon enough. Although at the same time, not soon enough, lol.
    08-21-2013 06:37 AM
    All I see is that we have a smug forum user that wants to create drama.

Since I'm an actual customer that's bought the phone here's my take on it.

I wanted this phone badly enough to switch from Verizon since I've been out of contract since March. I was saving my phone upgrade until something caught my eye and this phone is exactly what I want.

I logged into motomaker on Monday and created my phone. I had it all planned out and was going to put 'Whos scruffy looking" on the back of my phone or alternatively "To Boldly Go" if it didn't fit. The option was down and I was presented with a choice. Wait and complain or get the phone I want with a higher resale value. As it wasn't a big deal and I'd likely have regretted my engraving later I happily ordered the 32GB phone and I'm eagerly awaiting it. (Cherry Red back, Black face plate, Metallic Yellow accents)

In short not being able to engrave the back wasn't a deal breaker for me and probably got me more money down the road. I even switched carriers because I wanted my phone to match my sports car and customization was a huge incentive to me.

SteelGator, Ry and ultravisitor like this.
    08-21-2013 09:06 AM
    5 words and a link.

Seriously, I posted 5 words and a link.

What is wrong with some of you? There was news about a phone that people are interested and I made a thread about it. It's obviously a story because it made the front page of AC as well as numerous other sites. You guys are acting like I said that Moto is going around kicking puppies or destroying life as we know it and will cause a black hole that will devour our entire planet.
    If i'm not supposed to talk about stuff because the phone hasn't been released then we should delete this entire sub-forum.
    If I'm not supposed to talk about it because 99.99% of the world isn't affected then we should delete most of this site.
    If "smug forum users" shouldn't post then everybody on this site needs to give up their internet connection.
    And talking about making somethig out of nothing...you people have made this thread a100 times bigger deal than what my 5 words and a link ever were. Its kinda sad, really.
    08-21-2013 10:27 AM
    I logged into motomaker on Monday and created my phone. I had it all planned out and was going to put 'Whos scruffy looking" on the back of my phone or alternatively "To Boldly Go" if it didn't fit. The option was down and I was presented with a choice. Wait and complain or get the phone I want with a higher resale value. As it wasn't a big deal and I'd likely have regretted my engraving later I happily ordered the 32GB phone and I'm eagerly awaiting it. (Cherry Red back, Black face plate, Metallic Yellow accents)
    ...shouldn't it have been "Who's scruffy looking?"
    TheLibertarian likes this.
    08-21-2013 11:06 AM
    ...shouldn't it have been "Who's scruffy looking?"
    I only had 20 characters including spaces
    08-21-2013 11:31 AM
32 12