08-29-2013 06:37 AM
60 123
tools
    You think they will open preordering soon? Been a while since I purchased a new phone, not exactly sure how they proceed with this anymore. The audio jack on my razr broke and so I had to downgrade to a droid x so I could listen to music (75% of what I use my phone for) and this poor droidx just can't keep up with today's world anymore. I'm counting down the days til I can have the MotoX in my hands! I'm even choosing the MotoX over an employee edition Ultra....
    08-26-2013 04:21 PM
    2nd. Im on sprint and hooked up a Motorola admiral to my account thinking the X was coming out any day now. Dear heavens, I feel like Im on an HTC windows Touch Point. Yes, thats how bad it is. I need a freakin phone!! Arrrgh. I think itll be the 10th, which means 2 more weeks. *smh*
    08-26-2013 04:28 PM
    Only online...that's ridiculous...I was thinking about exchanging my Ultra for the X...but I guess that won't be happening any time soon...smh

Spoken into my Droid Ultra and delivered to you via Tapatalk!
    Wow. That means moto doesnt have enough devices. And sprint is always the redheaded step child. I wonder if moto will give sprint any before giving Vzn more. Damn, i really need a phone.
    08-26-2013 05:06 PM
    You think they will open preordering soon?
    I called to ask and possibly order and I was told it wouldn't be available to order until the 29th.
    Aquila likes this.
    08-26-2013 05:12 PM
    I called to ask and possibly order and I was told it wouldn't be available to order until the 29th.
    Maybe it will be like the Droid Maxx/Ultra release...meaning if you go to the Verizon website..it list both Maxx and Ultra as preorder still. However, it is available in most stores.

08-26-2013 05:16 PM
    Sound like the online part is basically pre ordering in terms of before physical units being in stores. I'm fine with that. I wonder how long the shipping will take cause I will definitely be ordering Thursday.

Sent from my Nexus 10
    08-26-2013 06:40 PM
    https://twitter.com/VZWnews/status/372079298259066880

So we can order it online the 29th, it will start showing up in stores in the coming weeks.
    08-26-2013 06:44 PM
    You can have it Friday for a small fee...

Posted via Android Central App
    08-26-2013 07:39 PM
    I wonder what this means for those of us who already pre-ordered via best buy.

08-26-2013 07:50 PM
    https://twitter.com/VZWnews/status/372079298259066880

So we can order it online the 29th, it will start showing up in stores in the coming weeks.
    It's things like this that really hack me off about Verizon. I was hoping to walk into a store and walk out with the first of three X's. Jackasses...
    08-26-2013 08:01 PM
    I bet you can still exchange. Go in to store and ask. May have to return and then get online.

08-26-2013 08:21 PM
    Does anyone know if the assclowns at Best Buy will have the devices in store on the 29th? I may actually be willing to finally buy something from them if they do.
    08-26-2013 08:34 PM
    Kk, nice work but sucks. Really would love to have it before Labor Day. Maybe the shipping will work out so I can get it on Friday or maybe delivered on the weekend. Here is hoping. In the end, its all just a bunch of first world problems so I can deal.
    08-26-2013 09:13 PM
    If overnight shipping is an option, that's the route I'll be taking. I've committed my iPhone 5 to Gazelle for $330 which will help offset the sting of paying full retail.
    08-26-2013 10:22 PM
    Does anyone know if the assclowns at Best Buy will have the devices in store on the 29th? I may actually be willing to finally buy something from them if they do.
    I don't know if the so called clowns at Best Buy will have them in store on the 29th, I do know that the leaked memo saying the street date for BB Retail was August 29th. Verizon's Moto X launch date set for Aug. 29 per this leaked Best Buy inventory screen | Android Central
    08-26-2013 11:03 PM
    I took the chance with My AT&T device and just camped on their site all morning until I found a store that had it in stock. Then I placed my wireless order online and chose that store to pick it up at. When I went to pick it up 5 hours later they said they had a handful of them and I'm the only one who ordered. Stock showed up at that store at about 11:30 my time so I'd try your luck checking their instore stock late morning.
    08-26-2013 11:39 PM
    Their is a very good chance no as both Verizon will not have it in store and most in directs are being told by Verizon it may not have inventory for in store until October. May just be best buy online.
    08-27-2013 12:20 AM
    This whole time I've been blaming VZW on wanting to sell as many droids as possible. You think the delays may have more to do with the availability from moto? I really hope this doesn't effect the phone in the long run. One of the bigger draws to this phone is hopefully the amount of support it will receive since its the supposed "flagship" phone. Doesn't always seem to to quite have the flagship vibe but I'm more than satisfied with having an excellent phone running near-stock android.
    08-27-2013 08:26 AM
    This whole time I've been blaming VZW on wanting to sell as many droids as possible. You think the delays may have more to do with the availability from moto? I really hope this doesn't effect the phone in the long run. One of the bigger draws to this phone is hopefully the amount of support it will receive since its the supposed "flagship" phone. Doesn't always seem to to quite have the flagship vibe but I'm more than satisfied with having an excellent phone running near-stock android.
    Isn't the boot loader locked on ATT and Version of the X? If so, some people said Motorola locks their devices down tighter than Samsung. Not sure if is true or not but a very well known person over on xda even said drbliss ( I think that's his name) he was the one that discovered "Loki" for the Verizon S4 as well aw cracking other Bootloaders. However, it was posted that he wouldn't get the device because of how Motorola locks them down.

I know he's not the only Dev...but this device may not get much support at all depending on the bootloader

08-27-2013 08:33 AM
    Isn't the boot loader locked on ATT and Version of the X? If so, some people said Motorola locks their devices down tighter than Samsung. Not sure if is true or not but a very well known person over on xda even said drbliss ( I think that's his name) he was the one that discovered "Loki" for the Verizon S4 as well aw cracking other Bootloaders. However, it was posted that he wouldn't get the device because of how Motorola locks them down.
    I meant more support from Motorola/Google for updates. I'm not so worried about the community surrounding the phone. I'm tired of having to always root my phone, only to mainly get rid of bloatware. That is one of the main reasons I am choosing this phone and choosing it over the very similiar Ultra.
    08-27-2013 08:46 AM
    I meant more support from Motorola/Google for updates. I'm not so worried about the community surrounding the phone. I'm tired of having to always root my phone, only to mainly get rid of bloatware. That is one of the main reasons I am choosing this phone and choosing it over the very similiar Ultra.
    Lol...gotcha...yup..flashing Roms etc gets old after a while..lol. I currently got the Maxx but with all the praise I see the Maxx getting, I'm gonna exchange for that and pass in the X.

08-27-2013 08:50 AM
    Does anyone know how the upgrades will work when ordering online? Specifically, my wife and I are on the same plan and I gave her my line's upgrade a few months ago, so I now am planning on using her lines upgrade for the x. Will I run into trouble trying to get the upgrade on my line with her actual upgrade? I know in store wouldn't be a problem but I've never ordered a phone online before

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
    08-27-2013 10:46 AM
    Does anyone know how the upgrades will work when ordering online? Specifically, my wife and I are on the same plan and I gave her my line's upgrade a few months ago, so I now am planning on using her lines upgrade for the x. Will I run into trouble trying to get the upgrade on my line with her actual upgrade? I know in store wouldn't be a problem but I've never ordered a phone online before

I would say order it on her line then once you receive, contact Verizon to have them swap the phone on your line...or you can do it online

08-27-2013 10:50 AM
    I would say order it on her line then once you receive, contact Verizon to have them swap the phone on your line...or you can do it online

Thanks. I'll have to look into all my options

08-27-2013 12:02 PM
    I may have to buy an oversized droid. I get the feeling Sprint isnt going to be out with this phone for another few weeks and I have to be able to see where all the bike lanes are since Im changing my transportation mode and in nyc its really important to know where each place is that is safe to bike. . Id stick with the admiral but I have never had such a pos phone in my life except for the TouchPoint. If they dont announce in the next coupla days I might have to swing by Sprint and get that big-arse SG3. . Id buy and exchange but a restocking fee too thats even if it comes out by the 10th, and I have a feeling that wont be the case. So bummed out. I really detest the look and size of that phone.
    08-27-2013 12:16 PM
60 123