08-29-2013 06:37 AM
60 123
tools
    Does anyone know how the upgrades will work when ordering online? Specifically, my wife and I are on the same plan and I gave her my line's upgrade a few months ago, so I now am planning on using her lines upgrade for the x. Will I run into trouble trying to get the upgrade on my line with her actual upgrade? I know in store wouldn't be a problem but I've never ordered a phone online before

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
    In case anyone else is wondering about something similar to my situation, I've just live chatted with a verizon rep and was told there would be an option to transfer upgrades when ordering online!
    08-27-2013 04:04 PM
    I may have to buy an oversized droid.
    Just an FYI: Droid is a brand of Android phones specific to Verizon. Referring to just any Android phone as a "droid" is an enormous pet peeve to probably most people here.
    Paisley likes this.
    08-27-2013 04:07 PM
    In case anyone else is wondering about something similar to my situation, I've just live chatted with a verizon rep and was told there would be an option to transfer upgrades when ordering online!
    See I was told their wouldn't be a option online I'd have to call over the phone. Be great if their is though
    08-27-2013 04:30 PM
    See I was told their wouldn't be a option online I'd have to call over the phone. Be great if their is though
    Guess we'll see on Thursday

08-27-2013 04:38 PM

Guess we'll see on Thursday

Yea definitely let me know if you have luck
    08-27-2013 04:53 PM
    Sure. And if I don't have success I'll be asking Verizon why their assistance reps lied to me

08-27-2013 05:01 PM
    You can switch the upgrade online...but only if ordering through Verizon...log into your account, on left scroll down to "upgrade device" all your devices will show up and under any eligible devices there is a transfer upgrade option...this will bring you right to shop for a phone to upgrade to, if you exit out the transfer does not stay on the account, IE you cant transfer it and go buy elsewhere like i was trying to do. Hope this helps.
    Rocketsaucev2 likes this.
    08-27-2013 05:02 PM
    You can switch the upgrade online...but only if ordering through Verizon...log into your account, on left scroll down to "upgrade device" all your devices will show up and under any eligible devices there is a transfer upgrade option...this will bring you right to shop for a phone to upgrade to, if you exit out the transfer does not stay on the account, IE you cant transfer it and go buy elsewhere like i was trying to do. Hope this helps.
    Nice! Thank you very much!

Sent from my Nexus 10
    Aquila likes this.
    08-27-2013 07:28 PM
    Transferring upgrades online then ordering the phone worked perfectly. My black moto X is being delivered tomorrow
    Aquila likes this.
    08-29-2013 06:26 AM
    Hurray! Moto X day is here.
    JungleLarry and Rocketsaucev2 like this.
    08-29-2013 06:37 AM
60 123