Do we have an official VZW release date yet?

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the assclowns at Best Buy will have the devices in store on the 29th? I may actually be willing to finally buy something from them if they do.
I took the chance with My AT&T device and just camped on their site all morning until I found a store that had it in stock. Then I placed my wireless order online and chose that store to pick it up at. When I went to pick it up 5 hours later they said they had a handful of them and I'm the only one who ordered. Stock showed up at that store at about 11:30 my time so I'd try your luck checking their instore stock late morning.

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the assclowns at Best Buy will have the devices in store on the 29th? I may actually be willing to finally buy something from them if they do.

Their is a very good chance no as both Verizon will not have it in store and most in directs are being told by Verizon it may not have inventory for in store until October. May just be best buy online.

n0meh9

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
This whole time I've been blaming VZW on wanting to sell as many droids as possible. You think the delays may have more to do with the availability from moto? I really hope this doesn't effect the phone in the long run. One of the bigger draws to this phone is hopefully the amount of support it will receive since its the supposed "flagship" phone. Doesn't always seem to to quite have the flagship vibe but I'm more than satisfied with having an excellent phone running near-stock android.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
This whole time I've been blaming VZW on wanting to sell as many droids as possible. You think the delays may have more to do with the availability from moto? I really hope this doesn't effect the phone in the long run. One of the bigger draws to this phone is hopefully the amount of support it will receive since its the supposed "flagship" phone. Doesn't always seem to to quite have the flagship vibe but I'm more than satisfied with having an excellent phone running near-stock android.

Isn't the boot loader locked on ATT and Version of the X? If so, some people said Motorola locks their devices down tighter than Samsung. Not sure if is true or not but a very well known person over on xda even said drbliss ( I think that's his name) he was the one that discovered "Loki" for the Verizon S4 as well aw cracking other Bootloaders. However, it was posted that he wouldn't get the device because of how Motorola locks them down.

I know he's not the only Dev...but this device may not get much support at all depending on the bootloader

Spoken into my Droid Ultra and delivered to you via Tapatalk!

n0meh9

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Isn't the boot loader locked on ATT and Version of the X? If so, some people said Motorola locks their devices down tighter than Samsung. Not sure if is true or not but a very well known person over on xda even said drbliss ( I think that's his name) he was the one that discovered "Loki" for the Verizon S4 as well aw cracking other Bootloaders. However, it was posted that he wouldn't get the device because of how Motorola locks them down.

I meant more support from Motorola/Google for updates. I'm not so worried about the community surrounding the phone. I'm tired of having to always root my phone, only to mainly get rid of bloatware. That is one of the main reasons I am choosing this phone and choosing it over the very similiar Ultra.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I meant more support from Motorola/Google for updates. I'm not so worried about the community surrounding the phone. I'm tired of having to always root my phone, only to mainly get rid of bloatware. That is one of the main reasons I am choosing this phone and choosing it over the very similiar Ultra.

Lol...gotcha...yup..flashing Roms etc gets old after a while..lol. I currently got the Maxx but with all the praise I see the Maxx getting, I'm gonna exchange for that and pass in the X.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how the upgrades will work when ordering online? Specifically, my wife and I are on the same plan and I gave her my line's upgrade a few months ago, so I now am planning on using her lines upgrade for the x. Will I run into trouble trying to get the upgrade on my line with her actual upgrade? I know in store wouldn't be a problem but I've never ordered a phone online before

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how the upgrades will work when ordering online? Specifically, my wife and I are on the same plan and I gave her my line's upgrade a few months ago, so I now am planning on using her lines upgrade for the x. Will I run into trouble trying to get the upgrade on my line with her actual upgrade? I know in store wouldn't be a problem but I've never ordered a phone online before

I would say order it on her line then once you receive, contact Verizon to have them swap the phone on your line...or you can do it online

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I would say order it on her line then once you receive, contact Verizon to have them swap the phone on your line...or you can do it online

Thanks. I'll have to look into all my options

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
:( I may have to buy an oversized droid. I get the feeling Sprint isn?t going to be out with this phone for another few weeks and I have to be able to see where all the bike lanes are since I?m changing my transportation mode and in nyc it?s really important to know where each place is that is safe to bike. . I?d stick with the admiral but I have never had such a pos phone in my life except for the TouchPoint. If they don?t announce in the next coupla days I might have to swing by Sprint and get that big-arse SG3. :(. I?d buy and exchange but a restocking fee too that?s even if it comes out by the 10th, and I have a feeling that won?t be the case. So bummed out. I really detest the look and size of that phone.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

In case anyone else is wondering about something similar to my situation, I've just live chatted with a verizon rep and was told there would be an option to transfer upgrades when ordering online!

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
In case anyone else is wondering about something similar to my situation, I've just live chatted with a verizon rep and was told there would be an option to transfer upgrades when ordering online!

See I was told their wouldn't be a option online I'd have to call over the phone. Be great if their is though

gonefishing96

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
You can switch the upgrade online...but only if ordering through Verizon...log into your account, on left scroll down to "upgrade device" all your devices will show up and under any eligible devices there is a transfer upgrade option...this will bring you right to shop for a phone to upgrade to, if you exit out the transfer does not stay on the account, IE you cant transfer it and go buy elsewhere like i was trying to do. Hope this helps.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
You can switch the upgrade online...but only if ordering through Verizon...log into your account, on left scroll down to "upgrade device" all your devices will show up and under any eligible devices there is a transfer upgrade option...this will bring you right to shop for a phone to upgrade to, if you exit out the transfer does not stay on the account, IE you cant transfer it and go buy elsewhere like i was trying to do. Hope this helps.

Nice! Thank you very much!

Sent from my Nexus 10

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante