09-08-2014 03:00 PM
686 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Also rhymes with "annoyed." D'oh!
    <cackle> Oh, is your Droid annoyed? Or do you have NOid Droid due to the ice storm?

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
    jephanie and ttfn92 like this.
    12-09-2013 07:01 PM
    Have one more code available. Pm me

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
    12-09-2013 07:26 PM
    I just got mine in the mail (took longer because of the winter storm in Texas): 32GB Chalk back, black front, orange accent (fyi: the orange is a metallic, bright orange but nothing gaudy; it's a pretty orange).

I was going with some wild colors initially (turquoise back/white front/orange accents; Red/Black/Red; Purple/Black/Red) and spent an entire WEEK on designing it. But I just couldn't bring myself to go that wild because I knew I'd get tired of looking at it eventually (2 yr contract). I'm fairly happy with my design, actually. It's minimalist-chic, but word of warning to those who pick the "chalk" back - it's not as white as it looks on Motomaker; it's more of an off-white than pure white, which is not what I expected "chalk" to be. I was a bit put off by the off-white-ness of it, but it's still nice. I know I can send it back to exchange but, honestly, I can't imagine what other color combo I'd be happy with. Also, I opted not to get the woven back (in black; white is only for Dev edition) because I read on these boards that the signature gets a bit wavy/messed up on those backs. So...I think I like it.

Here is the stock photo, from the Motomaker site:

Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-motox.jpg

Also, even though I ordered the 32GB, I only have 26 available at Power On out of the box. I know that's because of the OS and such, but dayum...that's a lot less.
    BuffOrange and jtc303 like this.
    12-10-2013 01:03 PM
    Also, even though I ordered the 32GB, I only have 26 available at Power On out of the box. I know that's because of the OS and such, but dayum...that's a lot less.
    Interesting. I assume that means the 16GB version comes with about 10GB of free space? Any clarification from those with a 16GB version would be much appreciated!
    12-10-2013 01:45 PM
    Interesting. I assume that means the 16GB version comes with about 10GB of free space? Any clarification from those with a 16GB version would be much appreciated!
    After updating to Kit Kat, my internal storage total space shows as 11.88 GB. I don't know what it was before.
    ethertwist and dmark44 like this.
    12-10-2013 02:46 PM
    this is the reason I went with 32 instead of 16, especially for only $50 more. If it was a true 16 after the OS storage, I could pull that off. But 10-11gb after the OS is just not enough for me. I like to store as much as i can offline since i gave up my unlimited. i rarely stream when not on wifi.
    dmark44, TBolt and ethertwist like this.
    12-10-2013 02:57 PM
    I ended up ordering a cement with silver accents and black front. 32 gigs. I have a 16 gig now and I'm already down to 8 gigs free with barely any media or games installed. I'm going to have to sell this phone but I don't think I'll lose too much. I am worried about how cruddy the lighter color will get. Anyone have one yet? And how dies the finish feel compared to the woven back standard at Verizon?
    12-10-2013 04:14 PM
    Just so that people know in case they aren't able to check the backs out in person, the smooth, colored backs are much slippier than the woven black. I just got my Moto Maker phone today, and I'm wondering if I'm going to have to put a case on it to make sure it doesn't slip out of my hand. I really don't want to, but...
    12-10-2013 06:34 PM
    Just so that people know in case they aren't able to check the backs out in person, the smooth, colored backs are much slippier than the woven black. I just got my Moto Maker phone today, and I'm wondering if I'm going to have to put a case on it to make sure it doesn't slip out of my hand. I really don't want to, but...
    Please post photos when you have the chance. Still trying to decide on my design.
    12-10-2013 07:19 PM
    Are you saying that EVERY color is slippery or just the non-matte ones?
    12-10-2013 10:15 PM
    Are you saying that EVERY color is slippery or just the non-matte ones?
    I'm not sure about all of them, but I do know that I don't recall any of them feeling similar to the woven black. The woven black is a soft touch that is kind of rubbery (for lack of a better term), and I don't recall any of the others having the same finish.
    12-10-2013 10:22 PM
    I'm not sure about all of them, but I do know that I don't recall any of them feeling similar to the woven black. The woven black is a soft touch that is kind of rubbery (for lack of a better term), and I don't recall any of the others having the same finish.
    In reading through the descriptions of the colors, there's "smooth" and there's "non slip". My guess is that the non-slip would feel similarly to the woven back but I can't say for sure. Anyone have a colored case with a non-slip back? I really need to know because I don't want a slippery phone. Unfortunately, my cement color is described as smooth, so I might be stuck...
    12-10-2013 10:28 PM
    Unfortunately, my cement color is described as smooth, so I might be stuck...
    Pretty sure yours is one of the slippery ones. If you're going to put it in a case, then it's not really much of an issue. I'm just one of the people who doesn't like cases.
    12-10-2013 10:51 PM
    Pretty sure yours is one of the slippery ones. If you're going to put it in a case, then it's not really much of an issue. I'm just one of the people who doesn't like cases.
    I don't use cases either. I'm going to see if they can switch my order to a non-slip color.
    12-11-2013 07:57 AM
    I received my crimson X with silver accents. It matches my car and looks darn classy and sharp, IMHO. I got a few comparison shots with the in-store black model and my wife's turquoise with orange accents.

Edit: My navy back version arrived today. Silver accents (like the crimson). This is our family's spare phone, instead of forking out insurance on three phones, so the wife insisted on a gender neutral color. I was opting for the royal blue but she thought the navy would look better.

Attachment 96310
    Attachment 96312
    Attachment 96311
    Attachment 96315
    Attachment 96457
    12-11-2013 09:34 PM
    Excellent shots Jephanie! Crimson with silver accents was one of my favorites.
    jephanie likes this.
    12-11-2013 09:58 PM
    I received my crimson X with silver accents. It matches my car and looks darn classy and sharp, IMHO. I got a few comparison shots with the in-store black model and my wife's turquoise with orange accents.

Attachment 96310
    Attachment 96312
    Attachment 96311
    Attachment 96315
    Looks great! Can you comment on the turquoise model's grippiness/slippiness? I have a cement one on order and I'm a little worried about how that finish's back will feel.
    dyastrab likes this.
    12-12-2013 08:31 AM
    I just got mine in the mail (took longer because of the winter storm in Texas): 32GB Chalk back, black front, orange accent (fyi: the orange is a metallic, bright orange but nothing gaudy; it's a pretty orange).
    Finally! It took 15 pages for someone to post the design I've had in mind for weeks, ha.
    I wonder if the Blush is a more 'pure white' than the chalk?
    12-12-2013 08:48 AM
    Looks great! Can you comment on the turquoise model's grippiness/slippiness? I have a cement one on order and I'm a little worried about how that finish's back will feel.
    The turquoise back actually does feel a little slippery compared to the crimson, navy blue or non-Motomaker black. My wife agreed with me. It still is nowhere near as slippery as a Samsung back but there is a little less grip than the other colors I have.
    12-12-2013 04:36 PM
    I wonder if the Blush is a more 'pure white' than the chalk?
    No. It's pink.
    12-12-2013 04:40 PM
    My new Moto X! White, Navy, Blue Accents. I love it -the way it looks and the way it operates!

So far so good, My Backup Pro seemed to be the best way to transfer contacts, since my phone had a mash up of Google and SIM card contacts. Didn't use Migrate because reviews said it was all or nothing (no options) Still lots of set up to do this weekend!

Sent from my HTC Rezound via Swype & Tapatalk
    alphabets likes this.
    12-13-2013 01:44 AM
    My new Moto X! White, Navy, Blue Accents. I love it -the way it looks and the way it operates!

So far so good, My Backup Pro seemed to be the best way to transfer contacts, since my phone had a mash up of Google and SIM card contacts. Didn't use Migrate because reviews said it was all or nothing (no options) Still lots of set up to do this weekend!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/13/a3y6egej.jpg

Sent from my HTC Rezound via Swype & Tapatalk
    Very nice. I'll get a pic up soon of my navy/white/silver accents.

Sent from my Moto X
    12-13-2013 11:05 AM
    How do I post a picture?
    12-13-2013 04:22 PM

Green back, black front, and blue accents.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    dmark44 and mrsmumbles like this.
    12-13-2013 05:27 PM
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/14/abuse2yg.jpg

Green back, black front, and blue accents.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    blue or black accents? hard to tell. is the green back slippery?

also, is that a reference to the Lion King I see there? hehe.
    12-13-2013 05:43 PM
686 ... 1314151617 ...