09-08-2014 03:00 PM
686 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    How do I post a picture?
    Easy if you use the Tapatalk app (or, I guess the Android Central app based on Tapatalk - although I have never used it myself). Just look in menu.

If on the regular web site on a PC, look for the Insert Image icon. To upload a photo, use the From Computer tab. To link to an image using a web address, use the From URL tab.

Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-ac-img.jpg
    12-13-2013 05:47 PM
    Easy if you use the Tapatalk app (or, I guess the Android Central app based on Tapatalk - although I have never used it myself). Just look in menu.

If on the regular web site on a PC, look for the Insert Image icon. To upload a photo, use the From Computer tab. To link to an image using a web address, use the From URL tab.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ac-img.JPG 
Views:	195 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	96652
    Thanks but how is everyone pulling these images from Moto's site?
    12-13-2013 06:58 PM
    I finally got mine yesterday! First order originally placed 11/18. What an ordeal, but happy now! Black, black and purple accents. Beautiful!

Sent from my XT1060 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
    12-13-2013 07:15 PM
    Thanks but how is everyone pulling these images from Moto's site?
    I'm not at a computer right now. The front / back photos are emailed to you - I think when you save a design. Or, look for a button to share your design and email it to yourself. It's not obvious - I spent forever looking for a button that creates the image.

Sent from my custom Moto X using Tapatalk
    12-13-2013 07:28 PM
    This is what I ordered for my fianc. Got it with an inscription and boot message. Really liking mine. Hope she likes hers.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-uploadfromtaptalk1386986676804.jpg  
    jephanie and dmark44 like this.
    12-13-2013 08:05 PM
    This is what I ordered for my fianc. Got it with an inscription and boot message. Really liking mine. Hope she likes hers.

Great idea for a personalized gift.

djkleric likes this.
    12-13-2013 08:27 PM
    blue or black accents? hard to tell. is the green back slippery?

also, is that a reference to the Lion King I see there? hehe.
    It's blue accents. I kinda like it.... Subtle but still sticks out if you look closely. The inscription is from the Lion King.

I don't think it's slippery, it's the plastic one and considering with the size it fits well in my hand.

Posted via Android Central App
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    12-13-2013 08:40 PM
    Im thinking of woven black/black/purple accents can we get a pic to see how the real thing looks?

I finally got mine yesterday! First order originally placed 11/18. What an ordeal, but happy now! Black, black and purple accents. Beautiful!

Sent from my XT1060 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
    12-14-2013 11:29 AM

Cement with silver accents. My worries about the slippery back were unfounded. Its got nice grippiness to it.
    jephanie likes this.
    12-14-2013 03:27 PM
    How and where do I get the stormtrooper wallpaper at? Would gladly even pay.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-14-2013 10:02 PM
    Cement with silver accents. My worries about the slippery back were unfounded. Its got nice grippiness to it.
    My wife got one with the Cabernet (purple) back. I was worried about it being slippery after reading some of the reviews. But that too was unfounded. It grips very well.
    12-14-2013 10:08 PM
    I got both the Moto Maker black front, crimson back and the developer version. That white woven back is way too slippery. Kept the custom one and sold the Dev version for a bit of a profit.

12-14-2013 11:32 PM
    I just got mine in the mail (took longer because of the winter storm in Texas): 32GB Chalk back, black front, orange accent (fyi: the orange is a metallic, bright orange but nothing gaudy; it's a pretty orange).

I was going with some wild colors initially (turquoise back/white front/orange accents; Red/Black/Red; Purple/Black/Red) and spent an entire WEEK on designing it. But I just couldn't bring myself to go that wild because I knew I'd get tired of looking at it eventually (2 yr contract). I'm fairly happy with my design, actually. It's minimalist-chic, but word of warning to those who pick the "chalk" back - it's not as white as it looks on Motomaker; it's more of an off-white than pure white, which is not what I expected "chalk" to be. I was a bit put off by the off-white-ness of it, but it's still nice. I know I can send it back to exchange but, honestly, I can't imagine what other color combo I'd be happy with. Also, I opted not to get the woven back (in black; white is only for Dev edition) because I read on these boards that the signature gets a bit wavy/messed up on those backs. So...I think I like it.

Here is the stock photo, from the Motomaker site:

Attachment 96105

Also, even though I ordered the 32GB, I only have 26 available at Power On out of the box. I know that's because of the OS and such, but dayum...that's a lot less.
    That's the design I was debating on! Do you happen to have some pictures of it?
    12-15-2013 01:10 AM
    I just got mine in the mail (took longer because of the winter storm in Texas): 32GB Chalk back, black front, orange accent (fyi: the orange is a metallic, bright orange but nothing gaudy; it's a pretty orange).

I was going with some wild colors initially (turquoise back/white front/orange accents; Red/Black/Red; Purple/Black/Red) and spent an entire WEEK on designing it. But I just couldn't bring myself to go that wild because I knew I'd get tired of looking at it eventually (2 yr contract). I'm fairly happy with my design, actually. It's minimalist-chic, but word of warning to those who pick the "chalk" back - it's not as white as it looks on Motomaker; it's more of an off-white than pure white, which is not what I expected "chalk" to be. I was a bit put off by the off-white-ness of it, but it's still nice. I know I can send it back to exchange but, honestly, I can't imagine what other color combo I'd be happy with. Also, I opted not to get the woven back (in black; white is only for Dev edition) because I read on these boards that the signature gets a bit wavy/messed up on those backs. So...I think I like it.

Here is the stock photo, from the Motomaker site:

Attachment 96105

Also, even though I ordered the 32GB, I only have 26 available at Power On out of the box. I know that's because of the OS and such, but dayum...that's a lot less.
    Good choice, white, bright orange and black is a great combo imo

|[JTC MaxxHD]|
    HollyDolly likes this.
    12-15-2013 01:13 AM
    Good choice, white, bright orange and black is a great combo imo

|[JTC MaxxHD]|
    The orange accent turned out to be not so bright, IMHO. On my monitors, the orange looked brighter. Still looks nice, though.

I do wish moto had included real studio pics of each part.

12-15-2013 03:01 AM
    I do wish moto had included real studio pics of each part.
    I've been saying that from the beginning. The cartoonish presentation doesn't truly represent real world color. You can get a sense of that based on how many people on this thread are eager to see actual photos of completed devices.

When they come out with next year's device, I sincerely hope they improve Motomaker to include photo realistic imagery instead of the Pixar versions.
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    12-15-2013 08:03 AM
    I've been saying that from the beginning. The cartoonish presentation doesn't truly represent real world color. You can get a sense of that based on how many people on this thread are eager to see actual photos of completed devices.

When they come out with next year's device, I sincerely hope they improve Motomaker to include photo realistic imagery instead of the Pixar versions.
    Yes, now that I think about it though, the buttons look classier on my phone now than if they were brighter. (black woven+black). Moto got it right for me.

I am sure many were not going for an edgy yet professional look, like I was. The fake representation may have lead to some disappointment.

Google Keyboard's spell check needs some work. Sheesh.

12-15-2013 09:10 AM

12-15-2013 09:12 AM
    Yes, now that I think about it though, the buttons look classier on my phone now than if they were brighter. (black woven+black). Moto got it right for me.

I am sure many were not going for an edgy yet professional look, like I was. The fake representation may have lead to some disappointment.
    That was my concern all along. I was afraid that the colors would be more garish in real life based on their representation on the site. Thankfully, nearly every color I've seen in person looks classy/professional compared to their look on Motomaker.
    TBolt likes this.
    12-15-2013 10:35 AM
    @jennyfurwhen

The only way to take photos of it right now would be with my Moto X, as it's my only camera atm.

Here is an online photo (not mine) that's as close to the real thing as I can find. Hope that helps!

Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-taylor-moto-x-3.jpg
    jephanie and dmark44 like this.
    12-16-2013 06:54 PM
    Finally got mine! I think I might swap it for olive though. I'm not a big fan of the smooth texture. I had the non-slip woven black before and I prefer the feeling.
    dmark44 likes this.
    12-18-2013 07:58 PM
    Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-img_0061.jpgShare your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-img_0063.jpg

Looking good in day light!
    12-19-2013 09:33 AM
    I wonder if I will ever have the cajones to buy a Moto X with turquoise color on the back :P

Anyways..this is what I came up with

Attachment 86188
    And the real thing
    Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-img_0564.jpg

"My presence (white color on the front) will go with you and I will give you rest" (navy blue backplate) - Exodus 33:14
    dmark44 likes this.
    12-19-2013 08:44 PM
    Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-img_0079.jpg
    Hers finally came in. Sitting next to mine.
    She has the airjacket on hers and I have a diztronic on mine for the time being.
    jephanie, weksa, dmark44 and 1 others like this.
    12-21-2013 09:07 AM

Ordered mine yesterday so..I like yellow back black front with silver accent... hope to be good...
    jephanie and djkleric like this.
    12-21-2013 10:35 AM
686 ... 1415161718 ...