09-08-2014 04:00 PM
686 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    Cool looking bamboo. Can you take one with the side showing?. First one ive seen with a black front

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    01-09-2014 06:45 PM
    Didn't care with the smooth finish of the chalk back so I traded for an olive one. I'm loving it.
    Vaas, jephanie, TBolt and 2 others like this.
    01-09-2014 06:45 PM
    Finally ended up going with black/turquoise/silver. (and a free chromecast!)
    Should come around Tuesday, will post pics then.
    Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-screen-shot-2014-01-09-8.48.51-pm.png
    jephanie likes this.
    01-10-2014 12:42 AM
    Should be getting my Moto X tomorrow or Tuesday! Switching from an iPhone 4s. VERY FIRST Android, so anxious to figure it all out, but have great hopes for this phone. I started with a Mac and iPhone 6 years ago, and now I primarily use PC with Chrome browser. I ordered the new Bamboo back with white front and purple accessory buttons. show you soon!Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-moto-x.jpg
    jephanie, dmark44 and lou2cool88 like this.
    01-12-2014 11:57 PM
    Should be getting my Moto X tomorrow or Tuesday! Switching from an iPhone 4s. VERY FIRST Android, so anxious to figure it all out, but have great hopes for this phone. I started with a Mac and iPhone 6 years ago, and now I primarily use PC with Chrome browser. I ordered the new Bamboo back with white front and purple accessory buttons. show you soon!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moto x.JPG 
Views:	725 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	100610
    Welcome to Android. You will be pleased.

Sent from my moto x using Tapatalk
    01-13-2014 12:21 AM
    Just ordered mine today! I got a Royal Blue, White Front with Orange Accents, 32GB naturally. I can honestly say I'm stoked to get my first android phone in over four years!
    dmark44 likes this.
    01-13-2014 05:51 PM
    Should be getting my Moto X tomorrow or Tuesday! Switching from an iPhone 4s. VERY FIRST Android, so anxious to figure it all out, but have great hopes for this phone. I started with a Mac and iPhone 6 years ago, and now I primarily use PC with Chrome browser. I ordered the new Bamboo back with white front and purple accessory buttons. show you soon!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moto x.JPG 
Views:	725 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	100610
    How exciting! I'm also switching from a 4s and should get mine this week.
    TBolt likes this.
    01-14-2014 12:23 AM
    I got woven black back, black front, red accents.

This will be my first Android experience. Have been BB for 8 years.
    TBolt likes this.
    01-14-2014 03:27 PM
    As promised, the black/silver/turquoise. I think it came out quite nice! The turquoise is probably a bit brighter/darker and greener than the pictures show (at least on my monitor). LOVING this phone!
    Attached Thumbnails Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-_dsc0001.jpg   Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-_dsc0004.jpg   Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-_dsc0008.jpg   Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-_dsc0002.jpg  
    TBolt, dmark44, jephanie and 4 others like this.
    01-15-2014 06:25 PM
    Hole crap, I jus ordered my Navy/Black/Black Moto X this morning and it's already being shipped, suppose to arrive tomorrow. Anyone else have a turnaround this fast? Can't believe how quick they got it out, the estimated delivery was next Friday.
    jephanie and dmark44 like this.
    01-17-2014 08:01 PM
    Here's my raspberry, yellow and white. I really like the colors. It changes colors depending on the light. Sometimes it looks more purple and other times hot pink. Usually it's on the hot pink side.
    Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-image.jpgShare your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-image.jpgShare your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-image.jpg
    alphabets, jephanie and dmark44 like this.
    01-18-2014 02:48 AM
    Hole crap, I jus ordered my Navy/Black/Black Moto X this morning and it's already being shipped, suppose to arrive tomorrow. Anyone else have a turnaround this fast? Can't believe how quick they got it out, the estimated delivery was next Friday.
    Mine wasn't that fast. I ordered mine Sat night and they shipped it overnight on Tues so it was here Wed. They could have saved on shipping because we were out of town until Thursday. Luckily I have a nice neighbor that picked it up.
    01-18-2014 02:51 AM
    Looking to get either a Navy/Black/Silver one or wait til Monday and get the Walnut/Black/Black one for $25 more... tough decisions

Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-navysilver.png Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-walnut.png
    Yasser Allen likes this.
    01-18-2014 03:35 AM
    Looking to get either a Navy/Black/Silver one or wait til Monday and get the Walnut/Black/Black one for $25 more... tough decisions

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NavySilver.png 
Views:	149 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	101308 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Walnut.png 
Views:	528 
Size:	173.1 KB 
ID:	101307
    I have navy and it's beautiful, but at this point go with the walnut man!

Sent from my Moto X
    dmark44 likes this.
    01-18-2014 10:09 AM
    In case this helps, here is how the navy/black/silver combo looks.
    Attachment 101330
    01-18-2014 10:46 AM
    Walnut looks great for me too. But I would definitely prefer the Ebony.

Gesendet von meinem DARKNIGHT
    01-18-2014 10:51 AM
    In case this helps, here is how the navy/black/silver combo looks.
    Yeah thanks for the pic. I've seen your other ones as well and originally was going to get the crimson color but decided the navy was a more neutral color that I could live with longer. I do have one question though, does the signature color match the Verizon logo or the Motorola M? It almost seems out of place on the navy back and I haven't decided if I want to put a signature on mine or not.

Last year I was all about getting a wooden Moto X but at this point I think the soft, non slip finish would be better than the smoother texture of the wood. Motomaker also lists the Ebony, Teak, and Walnut as being "finishes" so it's unclear what type of wood they are actually made out of. Apparently Motorola has said "Walnut, Ebony and Teak are treated with their indicated finish to adjust the color and design.” http://www.droid-life.com/2014/01/17...ak-and-walnut/
    01-18-2014 06:13 PM
    I do have one question though, does the signature color match the Verizon logo or the Motorola M? It almost seems out of place on the navy back and I haven't decided if I want to put a signature on mine or not.
    The way I would describe it is that the color matches very nicely. But I would also say that the Motorola 'M' is very glossy, the carrier logo is semi-glossy and the signature is matte finish. That being said, I think it looks very nice and am glad I got the signatures. The signature on the crimson is much more muted compared to the navy blue where it stands out just enough. All-in-all, I'd recommend the signature.
    NucMedMike and dmark44 like this.
    01-18-2014 07:31 PM
    Well, it came today at noon, some 30hrs after I ordered it. Simply amazing how fast it came. Loving the look, I was considering retiring it to get the walnut finish since they announced literally a couple of hours after my order, but I think I'll keep this one.
    jephanie, A895 and dmark44 like this.
    01-19-2014 01:53 AM
    Returning my custom Olive Green/Black/Orange accent Moto X (which I love) for a new Ebony wood one (which was my original plan, but the original cost too much, plus Ebony wasn't available at the time).
    Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-moto-x-wood-custom.png

I will post pics once it arrives!
    TBolt, cape-droid, dmark44 and 1 others like this.
    01-22-2014 11:27 AM
    How do you return one phone for another? I keep seeing people that do this.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-22-2014 02:10 PM
    How do you return one phone for another? I keep seeing people that do this.

Posted via Android Central App
    You can return or exchange your phone within 14 days of you receiving the phone (30 days if you live in California). You can do it online or thru the phone.
    ttfn92 likes this.
    01-22-2014 05:45 PM
    I hope excessive returns do not push Motorola to end the customization of future phones. Folks need to get their designs right the first time.

ScottMGS likes this.
    01-23-2014 09:50 AM
    I hope excessive returns do not push Motorola to end the customization of future phones. Folks need to get their designs right the first time.

For the most part it seems like it was people returning their X's for the wood backs. If that is the case, then it's kind of Moto's fault to begin with due to the extreme delay in releasing them, and a lot of people really wanting them. If somebody just returns their phone bc they do not like the color they chose, I assume Moto just replaces the back on it, and not the entire phone. Which is what they should do. Also, if the customer just wants a new color and there is no actual defect, they should be responsible for the shipping, not Moto.
    01-23-2014 10:16 AM
    For the most part it seems like it was people returning their X's for the wood backs. If that is the case, then it's kind of Moto's fault to begin with due to the extreme delay in releasing them, and a lot of people really wanting them. If somebody just returns their phone bc they do not like the color they chose, I assume Moto just replaces the back on it, and not the entire phone. Which is what they should do. Also, if the customer just wants a new color and there is no actual defect, they should be responsible for the shipping, not Moto.
    Maybe so. Anyway, I just hope the customization model is here to stay, even if Motorola has to disallow returns.

(Text correction on the default moto x keyboard could be better, though.)

01-23-2014 10:18 AM
686 ... 1617181920 ...