Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!

djkleric

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Share your Moto X Moto Maker design here!

Does the air jacket have cutouts for the side buttons? I'm sure the dixtronic does, correct?

Thanks!

Sent from my Moto X

Neither have the cut outs for the buttons. Kind of disappointing actually. I like both other than that and the diztronic is frosted inside. I ordered the Minisuit since it has the cut outs and is crystal clear. I will see if that is any better to my liking.
Over all though the air jacket and diztronic do offer decent protection. The Diztronic is a great tpu case, they have always been quality, I just want to see my yellow a bit more. I think if I had a darker color it wouldnt bother me.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site

Neither have the cut outs for the buttons. Kind of disappointing actually. I like both other than that and the diztronic is frosted inside. I ordered the Minisuit since it has the cut outs and is crystal clear. I will see if that is any better to my liking.
Over all though the air jacket and diztronic do offer decent protection. The Diztronic is a great tpu case, they have always been quality, I just want to see my yellow a bit more. I think if I had a darker color it wouldnt bother me.

I picked up a bear motion last week. Just waiting for it to get here. I just picked up the air jacket with the 50% off code. Figured it's a pretty good deal and will offer more protection that the best motion when I need it. I don't even want to use a case regularly, just in certain situations. I don't want to cover up the Moto maker design!

Sent from my Moto X

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

After much tinkering and image Googling, I decided to go with Olive back, Black front, and Orange accents.

I was initially going with a Navy Blue back, but decided it was too safe. Also thought about a Spearmint back, but felt it was too bold. If they had a regular grass-green back, I would have gone for that instead. Something about the Olive and Orange caught my eye. It's just different and unique. I will post pics once I get it.

I was holding out for the wood backs regardless of price, but the Today Show $350 deal was just too good to pass up a second time since I had passed up the first round of $350 deals. Had Motorola released all the wood backs on release, I would definitely had gotten one with the $100 premium. But I felt now it's a tad too "late" (relative to the tech world) in its lifecycle.

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site

I decided to go for the "Chalk" back, White front, and Blue accents. I'm coming from a Galaxy Nexus (before that was a Droid X2, before that Thunderbolt, before that OG Moto Droid) so I was getting really tired of my boring, dark colored smartphones. Although if the Teak option becomes available within my return period I may spring for that instead.

composited-image-00000.pngcomposited-image-00000.png

Also picked up this "Supcase" brand case in Yellow/Grey from Amazon, as well as this Bear Motion case.

PS, for the Supcase, if ordering from Amazon. add the item to your cart, then go to your cart and click on the listing for the item. For some reason, they drop the price from $16.99 to $11.99 after you've added it to your cart, incentive to purchase I suppose.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

Also picked up this "Supcase" brand case in Yellow/Grey from Amazon, as well as this Bear Motion case.

I picked up one of the Supcases and found it to be way too slippery. I wish they used a softer plastic. I also didn't care for the power/volume buttons being covered up as it made them more difficult to actuate. Hopefully you'll like the case better than I did.

rottendumpling

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

I have the Navy/Black/Silver and Chalk/Black/Blue. Both are beautiful but I prefer the non-slip feel of the Navy back. The Chalk feels slippery in comparison and I'm noticing in my daily usage it picks up dirt and markings easier than I thought it would.

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site

MyMotoX.jpg

Beauty on T-Mobile! Thanks to the $150 off promo! (Black face, Cement back with Metallic Purple accent)

Last edited:

hcokiddtony

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site

this is the one i'm thinking about getting (along with an engraving), as i am going for a british flag look (and not an american flag look). can you please post a picture of what yours looks like in real life so it can help me decide :)

APeaceOfStrange

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

My navy/gold/black
zedyrygu.jpg

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

JLiRD808

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

First post here....also dumping my old iPhone 4--and with no desire to continue on that route!

This is what I was planning on doing....Johnnyfear, do u have an actual pic of how it came out?

THANKS!! :)

- - - Updated - - -

New android user upgrading from an iphone 4, and this is probably the most excited I've ever been about a phone. Should be here Thursday.
2yobiux.png

Last edited:

cq1125

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

I'm hoping to get a moto x soon, especially after that price drop. However, I can't for the life of me decide which design I'd like! I'm not even sure what screen color to choose :eek: White is new and different but you gotta love the smooth transition from black amoled to the black screen, especially during active notifications. Anyways, I first though white/turquoise/yellow looked pretty great, but I'm worried it'll be too bright... Then a royal blue/silver, but now I think that's too boring. :-\ For some reason I also really enjoy black/woven black/yellow. Looks slick. Any advice? And how does the yellow accent look? On my computer it looks rather lemon-limey, but not sure if that's actually the case...

Attachments

• white:turquoise:yellow.png
    white:turquoise:yellow.png
    201 KB · Views: 544
  • white:royal:silver.png
    white:royal:silver.png
    262.8 KB · Views: 547
  • black:wovenblack:yellow.png
    black:wovenblack:yellow.png
    294.1 KB · Views: 546

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

you gotta love the smooth transition from black amoled to the black screen, especially during active notifications.
This. I like black front, woven black back and red accents. My corporate Verizon store has a display with all of the colors.

redeyss

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I went black/solid black/red. Didn't think the woven black was that nice (I had one and sold it for the unlocked 32gb version). Design looked kind of cheap around the edges and it doesn't look as good in person as in pics. Just my opinion about the woven and why I went solid.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

I like black front, woven black back and red accents. My corporate Verizon store has a display with all of the colors.

Nice combo. That's what I had (and loved it) with the HTC Rezound, so I was ready for a change!

Sent from my Moto X

Last edited:

ttfn92

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

I'm looking for real life photos of a few options. First, blush, white front and preferably black accents but I'd like to see any of them besides purple or silver. Also, raspberry, white front and yellow or orange accents. Then lastly, mint, white front and purple accents. These are so hard to find pics of, especially the blush. I thought I was set on blush, white front, black accents but then I saw a pic on google of raspberry, black front, yellow accents that looked really good. I just don't know if I would really like the black front but think it might lose something with the white so I'd like to see it. The Moto maker just doesn't do it justice and I think the raspberry, black yellow looks terrible on it. I cannot believe how difficult this decision is. If they had green accents my decision would be so easy.

JayMysteri0

May 6, 2012
Visit site

Came from iPhones to the HTC One X, which I felt I got burned on. I came to really like the variety & options with the Android platform, and didn't want to get another contract with AT&T, so the Moto X became the perfect choice. Especially with the Cyber Monday sale :D So I went with my 'Creamsicle' design. I loved the white back/black front of the HTC One X, so kept it & went with orange accents. Love the phone, still not the biggest fan of AT&T and their customer service though. Can't hate though, I still have my grandfathered unlimited data from the original iPhone. Gotta love it, best of both worlds now.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234