Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!

cape-droid

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Share your Moto X Moto Maker design here!

Walnut looks great for me too. But I would definitely prefer the Ebony.
ama5a3ys.jpg

Gesendet von meinem DARKNIGHT

NucMedMike

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site

In case this helps, here is how the navy/black/silver combo looks.

Yeah thanks for the pic. I've seen your other ones as well and originally was going to get the crimson color but decided the navy was a more neutral color that I could live with longer. I do have one question though, does the signature color match the Verizon logo or the Motorola M? It almost seems out of place on the navy back and I haven't decided if I want to put a signature on mine or not.

Last year I was all about getting a wooden Moto X but at this point I think the soft, non slip finish would be better than the smoother texture of the wood. Motomaker also lists the Ebony, Teak, and Walnut as being "finishes" so it's unclear what type of wood they are actually made out of. Apparently Motorola has said "Walnut, Ebony and Teak are treated with their indicated finish to adjust the color and design.” http://www.droid-life.com/2014/01/17/clarification-on-the-material-used-in-new-moto-x-wood-back-finishes-for-ebony-teak-and-walnut/

Last edited:

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

I do have one question though, does the signature color match the Verizon logo or the Motorola M? It almost seems out of place on the navy back and I haven't decided if I want to put a signature on mine or not.

The way I would describe it is that the color matches very nicely. But I would also say that the Motorola 'M' is very glossy, the carrier logo is semi-glossy and the signature is matte finish. That being said, I think it looks very nice and am glad I got the signatures. The signature on the crimson is much more muted compared to the navy blue where it stands out just enough. All-in-all, I'd recommend the signature.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

Hole crap, I jus ordered my Navy/Black/Black Moto X this morning and it's already being shipped, suppose to arrive tomorrow. Anyone else have a turnaround this fast? Can't believe how quick they got it out, the estimated delivery was next Friday.

Well, it came today at noon, some 30hrs after I ordered it. Simply amazing how fast it came. Loving the look, I was considering retiring it to get the walnut finish since they announced literally a couple of hours after my order, but I think I'll keep this one.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

Returning my custom Olive Green/Black/Orange accent Moto X (which I love) for a new Ebony wood one (which was my original plan, but the original cost too much, plus Ebony wasn't available at the time).
Moto X wood custom.png

I will post pics once it arrives!

Last edited:

ttfn92

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

How do you return one phone for another? I keep seeing people that do this.

Posted via Android Central App

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

How do you return one phone for another? I keep seeing people that do this.

Posted via Android Central App

You can return or exchange your phone within 14 days of you receiving the phone (30 days if you live in California). You can do it online or thru the phone.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site

I hope excessive returns do not push Motorola to end the customization of future phones. Folks need to get their designs right the first time.

Sent from my moto x using Tapatalk

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site

I hope excessive returns do not push Motorola to end the customization of future phones. Folks need to get their designs right the first time.

For the most part it seems like it was people returning their X's for the wood backs. If that is the case, then it's kind of Moto's fault to begin with due to the extreme delay in releasing them, and a lot of people really wanting them. If somebody just returns their phone bc they do not like the color they chose, I assume Moto just replaces the back on it, and not the entire phone. Which is what they should do. Also, if the customer just wants a new color and there is no actual defect, they should be responsible for the shipping, not Moto.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site

For the most part it seems like it was people returning their X's for the wood backs. If that is the case, then it's kind of Moto's fault to begin with due to the extreme delay in releasing them, and a lot of people really wanting them. If somebody just returns their phone bc they do not like the color they chose, I assume Moto just replaces the back on it, and not the entire phone. Which is what they should do. Also, if the customer just wants a new color and there is no actual defect, they should be responsible for the shipping, not Moto.

Maybe so. Anyway, I just hope the customization model is here to stay, even if Motorola has to disallow returns.

(Text correction on the default moto x keyboard could be better, though.)

Last edited:

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site

Maybe so. Anyway, I just hope the customization model is her to stay, even if Motorola has to disallow returns.

Could not agree more. I am a tech junkie, but I admit the customization part was a big part of my purchase. I just love how different and new the concept is. Moto hit it on the head for me with this phone. I thought for sure when my upgrade was available I was going to go with a Note 3 or LG G2. I did like both in store, but fell in love with the X.

Mikhailov

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

I made this for fun. If I get a Moto X, I'm totally getting this design though.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1390497138.112200.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1390497138.112200.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 78
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1390497224.544203.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1390497224.544203.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 76

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

You can order and receive your new phone with Advanced Replacement before even returning your old phone, so I don't think they always swap backs.

The free shipping is a great gesture to consumers because it gives them the peace of mind knowing they can have a 'redo' if they're unhappy with their original colors. Whenever I buy anything online, I'm always partial to places that have free, fast shipping, like Amazon Prime.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site

You can order and receive your new phone with Advanced Replacement before even returning your old phone, so I don't think they always swap backs.

The free shipping is a great gesture to consumers because it gives them the peace of mind knowing they can have a 'redo' if they're unhappy with their original colors. Whenever I buy anything online, I'm always partial to places that have free, fast shipping, like Amazon Prime.
It's definitely a nice gesture, and maybe the solution is only one free return is accepted. Anything more will just be abused. At least Prime is a paid service, so that type of gesture is almost necessary for anyone to sign up for.

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

Can anybody who has felt both the Navy Blue back and the Woven Black back confirm that they are made of the same material? I know that the site says Navy Blue is soft, non-slip finish, but I'm just curious if that means it feels exactly the same way that the Woven Black feels?

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

I forgot to upload this when I first got the phone, but here's the Olive Green back, Black front, Orange accents, as a reference for others.

The first pic was indoors, the second two were outdoors, both taken by another Moto X. The Orange accents really pop and I love 'em, but I'm awaiting a new Moto X with wood backs instead.

_20140101_145016.JPG

IMG95201401239514000579295HDR.jpg

IMG95201401239514004993495HDR.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs