Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!

Mikhailov

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Share your Moto X Moto Maker design here!

What do you guys think of these two designs? Crimson with black accents, or woven white with blue accents? I think I want a red phone (cherry or crimson) because my car is red and it's closest to "The One Ring," but I've run the red colors by family and friends and they say it's too pink or purple looking. Anyone with cherry or crimson phones who can clarify for me? Once I can settle on a design and convince the wife, I'm going for it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-01-24 05.16.11.png
    Screenshot 2014-01-24 05.16.11.png
    29 KB · Views: 506
  • Screenshot 2014-01-24 05.23.11.png
    Screenshot 2014-01-24 05.23.11.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 508

ttfn92

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

I don't own either of the red ones but I've seen them in the store and they definitely weren't pink. The colors are just like their names. I have raspberry and it is pink, not the others. If you want red I say go for it.

Posted via Android Central App

Mikhailov

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

I don't own either of the red ones but I've seen them in the store and they definitely weren't pink. The colors are just like their names. I have raspberry and it is pink, not the others. If you want red I say go for it.

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'm going with cement and orange accents for more of a "construction zone look." What do you think?

ate8u6uq.jpg
gy7u4abu.jpg

cape-droid

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

But you know that you're showing pics of a Grip Shell Case?

Gesendet von meinem XT1032 mit Tapatalk

raiderep

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Let me just put these here, pics of walnut back/black front/silver accents:
uploadfromtaptalk1390761815632.jpguploadfromtaptalk1390761830929.jpguploadfromtaptalk1390761845890.jpguploadfromtaptalk1390761858200.jpg

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

Ebony back, black front, silver accents. The pictures don't do it justice. It looks so premium; my friends and family really like the look.

IMG_1808.JPG

IMG_1810.JPG

For reference, my old phone that I'm exchanging for it.

IMG_1801.JPG

IMG_1794.JPG

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

I'd seriously consider the ebony for an X2! Looks like a sweet alternative to the all black standard model.

Sent from my Moto X

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site

I got the bamboo + yellow + white front. Basically, the same one that loads up by default.

Liked the ebony and silver (with black) but as I understand, only the bamboo is real...

The others are some generic wood that's finished to look like another type of wood.

Silly reason, perhaps, but I wanted a solid, unfinished wood back, not some miscellaneous wood with an applied finish. I think all but the bamboo will wear over time (possibly exposing the blank slate wood underneath).

If the teak was real solid teak, I'd get that. Teak lasts like thousands of years, can be re-finished and is very expensive. Of course not necessary for a phone you will keep for a few years, but still.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

but as I understand, only the bamboo is real...

The others are some generic wood that's finished to look like another type of wood.
This is true but I really liked how the walnut looks.

Silly reason, perhaps, but I wanted a solid, unfinished wood back, not some miscellaneous wood with an applied finish. I think all but the bamboo will wear over time (possibly exposing the blank slate wood underneath).
If that happens within the first year, you are covered by your warranty. After that, you would need to have the extended warranty.

Alex_Hong

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

12188608605_553fa6e38e_b.jpg

12189221156_d1e638e21f_b.jpg

12189225886_0aea6b16d2_b.jpg

12189031694_9fe195870b_b.jpg

12188857833_f7a46436fe_b.jpg

Not exactly my design since I it was pre-owned. Probably getting another in the design I want, and it'll be the same as the one I have now other than a black front.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

I got the bamboo + yellow + white front. Basically, the same one that loads up by default.

Liked the ebony and silver (with black) but as I understand, only the bamboo is real...

If the teak was real solid teak, I'd get that. Teak lasts like thousands of years, can be re-finished and is very expensive. Of course not necessary for a phone you will keep for a few years, but still.

From what I understood, they are all bamboo, but the others have been tinted to look like the other woods.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

From what I understood, they are all bamboo, but the others have been tinted to look like the other woods.

I don't believe all the underlying woods are bamboo; it's probably some other common wood that is easy to manage. Pine? Not sure.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

Take a look at this beauty!!!!! That one white dot is a dust speck that I wiped away. I will take more pics later. This pic was taken with an iPhone 5.

Walnut Moto X in the Box.jpg

Does anyone think the bottom right corner looks bad enough to return or is that just how walnut looks?

Here is a pic taken with my other Moto X that is more true to life in terms of color but it is still not accurate. IRL it doesn't have a washed out look around the top and the bottom like you see in the pic. I think that may have something to do with the curved back. Idk, I suck at taking pictures. I have a glossy TPU bumper on the device in this pic.

Walnut Moto X with Bumper.jpg

Last edited:

jayds74

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

SO just ordered mine today...and very excited to receive it.
Took a few days to figure out what kind of design I wanted to spend the next two years with...seriously, I thought about like I was getting a new tattoo...lol.
I finally settled on mimicking a fave of mine...may I present, my Boba Fett phone.
I submitted the greeting to say "UR NO GOOD 2 ME DEAD"

I'm looking forward to this. Get to pay a little homage to the baddest bounty hunter in fiction, all while keeping the overall design under the radar of geeky.

Slave-1.png

hdebo

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site

Ordered mine on Tuesday to replace my Razr Maxx. Was very surprised to receive it in 2 days.
I love the wood grain and very cool to personalize with your name.

IMG_20140130_190312_290.jpg

IMG_20140130_190040_647.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs