09-08-2014 04:00 PM
686 ... 25262728
tools
    Attachment 116234Attachment 116233Attachment 116231

Well here it is. Slate and red. Looks pretty nice.
    How is your slate holding up? mine looks like the "soft touch" is wearing off and its getting shiny near the middle of the back. had a case on from day one, took it off for about a week now, and that was the result....
    06-04-2014 05:34 AM
    Does anyone think either of these might be ok?
    Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-moto_cabernet_blue.png
    Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-moto_cabernet_grn.png

There are too many combinations! I think I've settled on the cabernet (haven't had a wine-colored phone for awhile) but I really like the metallic pops of color that are offered. I really like the blue and especially the metallic green, but it's hard to say how I'll like it in real life. My other option was just to go with black metallic accents, but that's a little boring.
    Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-moto_cabernet.png

I worry that while the blue looks ok to me in the photo, the blue in real life seems to have a bit of teal in it (at least from what I see in the photos). I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I really wish they had a gunmetal metallic accent choice!
    06-04-2014 07:20 PM
    I don't think the blue accent is teal at all. its probably one of the truest blues you can get!
    06-04-2014 11:58 PM
    Does anyone think either of these might be ok?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moto_cabernet_blue.png 
Views:	362 
Size:	357.9 KB 
ID:	121577

Name:	moto_cabernet_grn.png 
Views:	363 
Size:	357.7 KB 
ID:	121578

There are too many combinations! I think I've settled on the cabernet (haven't had a wine-colored phone for awhile) but I really like the metallic pops of color that are offered. I really like the blue and especially the metallic green, but it's hard to say how I'll like it in real life. My other option was just to go with black metallic accents, but that's a little boring.

Name:	moto_cabernet.png 
Views:	369 
Size:	353.8 KB 
ID:	121579

I worry that while the blue looks ok to me in the photo, the blue in real life seems to have a bit of teal in it (at least from what I see in the photos). I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I really wish they had a gunmetal metallic accent choice!
    Green!

Posted via Android Central App
    06-05-2014 03:55 AM
    I went boring. Black front, woven black back. Silver accents. Did get my initials monogrammed on it, though.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
    06-05-2014 05:16 AM
    Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-composited-image-00000.png
    I would've went with metallic cherry instead of black and changed the back but it looked pink in the creator. Now to find a decent case that doesn't cover up the design. Any suggestions?
    06-05-2014 01:32 PM

Name:	composited-image-00000.png 
Views:	358 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	121803
    I would've went with metallic cherry instead of black and changed the back but it looked pink in the creator. Now to find a decent case that doesn't cover up the design. Any suggestions?
    Check all the case posts which have lots of options and opinions.
    06-05-2014 03:38 PM
    I don't think the blue accent is teal at all. its probably one of the truest blues you can get!
    hmmmm it looked more teal in real life photos than in motomaker. i just wasn't sure the exact color, and how it would match the cabernet!

Green!

thank you! i really considered long and hard... love the metallic green shade. however i decided to go boring with the metallic black... it sort of resembles gunmetal (at least from the sample in best buy) so that's what pushed me to it. i still secretly wish i had gotten green... but i think the black will be a little easier to pass down if i do need to in the future.

thanks all for opinions!
    06-09-2014 06:23 PM
    mine looks very similar to yours but has my nickname "Android Master" engraved on the back and is white.. the phone on the left is a coworkers' Moto X. My case is clear with android over a printed circuit board which I think looks cool. Attachment 106488
    i really like your android circuit board case... where did you get it?
    06-09-2014 06:24 PM

Name:	composited-image-00000.png 
Views:	358 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	121803
    I went with that exact design. I really love the red. It's a little brighter in person, but it looks good. I was afraid to go with cherry myself. I'm happy with my design because it doesn't look like every other phone, and it's also not too flashy.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    06-09-2014 10:20 PM
    Just ordered a Bamboo, With Blue accents and white front as a replacement for my current one that had problems with the Navy coming off. I can't wait for it to get here! I'll post pics when received
    06-10-2014 02:17 PM
    I never got around to posting mine that I got back in April. Here is what motorola says my phone would look like and here it is, with and without its bumper. The bumper is this one from Amazon " Slick Shell TPU Black and White Hybrid Plastic Backless Bumper Case for Motorola Moto X " I like the look without it, but now I am used to it and the thicker edge helps with slipping it out of my purse pocket. The bumper is white with a black border and I wish it was all white, but maybe the black is cleaner. I also thought about cutting out the little black covers over the side buttons. I wish I had gotten a different accent (bolder), but I wanted something that wasn't too crazy in case I ever sell it. I hope I made the photos small enough to fit well.
    Attached Thumbnails Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-motoxphoto.png   Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-dscn2027.jpg   Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-dscn2036.jpg   Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-dscn2038.jpg   Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-dscn2037.jpg  

Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-dscn2031.jpg   Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-dscn2026.jpg  
    SpasticPat likes this.
    06-11-2014 02:48 PM
    Well it turns out, I get to recustomize it again after all. I got my device today and the inscription has a shadow. It's done in raised ink, but there is a shadow a little above and to the left, in a lighter non-raised ink. I'm on chat and they're sending me a replacement. I wonder if I should go with the green accents now... hmmmm.

Also, has anyone had issues with inscriptions? I'm wondering if I should just leave off the inscription now, but I love that it's a free option.
    06-12-2014 06:09 PM
    Well it turns out, I get to recustomize it again after all. I got my device today and the inscription has a shadow. It's done in raised ink, but there is a shadow a little above and to the left, in a lighter non-raised ink. I'm on chat and they're sending me a replacement. I wonder if I should go with the green accents now... hmmmm.

Also, has anyone had issues with inscriptions? I'm wondering if I should just leave off the inscription now, but I love that it's a free option.
    on my slate one, the S was darker than the other letters in SAVINI. it looked as if the S was drawn in pencil and the other letters were white. I haven't heard of anyone really having problems, but then again some people don't care for little things like that unlike me
    06-13-2014 02:29 AM
    on my slate one, the S was darker than the other letters in SAVINI. it looked as if the S was drawn in pencil and the other letters were white. I haven't heard of anyone really having problems, but then again some people don't care for little things like that unlike me
    Thanks for the input. It looked like my emoticon was first drawn in pencil also, except they did it a little off center, to the left, and then realized it and moved it to the center. If it was just one part of the emoticon and not offset, I probably wouldn't mind as much.

Did you ask for them to replace it?
    06-13-2014 12:59 PM

My inscription is perfect. I have the magenta back.

06-13-2014 05:57 PM
    Thanks for the input. It looked like my emoticon was first drawn in pencil also, except they did it a little off center, to the left, and then realized it and moved it to the center. If it was just one part of the emoticon and not offset, I probably wouldn't mind as much.

Did you ask for them to replace it?
    it didnt really bother me enough to get a replacement, but then the soft touch on the back got shiney so i sent it back then hahah im staying away from the engravings though, makes it easier to sell if its a clean back and not your name
    06-14-2014 12:15 AM
    My slate seems to be holding up pretty well. I don't have any complaints. I'm currently using it naked.

06-14-2014 06:39 PM
    I never got around to posting mine that I got back in April. Here is what motorola says my phone would look like and here it is, with and without its bumper. The bumper is this one from Amazon " Slick Shell TPU Black and White Hybrid Plastic Backless Bumper Case for Motorola Moto X " I like the look without it, but now I am used to it and the thicker edge helps with slipping it out of my purse pocket. The bumper is white with a black border and I wish it was all white, but maybe the black is cleaner. I also thought about cutting out the little black covers over the side buttons. I wish I had gotten a different accent (bolder), but I wanted something that wasn't too crazy in case I ever sell it. I hope I made the photos small enough to fit well.
    I like it! The whole thing looks great!

Sent from my XT1060 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
    06-16-2014 07:15 PM

Picked this one up on Swappa for $280. It's a 32gb and not a mark on it. I was going to build one with the walnut back but was having a hard time justifying $475 for it at this point. I'm very happy with it at the price I paid.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    SpasticPat likes this.
    06-22-2014 04:20 PM
    My wife's X arrived today, it's for her business so we put the business name on the back.

Posted from my Nexus 5 via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-28931.jpg  
    ryan moreno and SpasticPat like this.
    06-24-2014 09:01 PM
    going to buy this once in stock...Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!-composited-image-00000.png
    Brady KEITH likes this.
    07-09-2014 12:42 PM
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/23/e4u7a7eb.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/23/e9uty4y3.jpg

Picked this one up on Swappa for $280. It's a 32gb and not a mark on it. I was going to build one with the walnut back but was having a hard time justifying $475 for it at this point. I'm very happy with it at the price I paid.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Holy cow. Is that my former device? lol
    07-19-2014 10:49 AM
    Anyone get the Hunter Green?
    07-25-2014 11:51 AM
    I just ordered a Navy Blue/Black/Lemon Lime Moto X. Thanks to Verizon and the front camera issue, they gave me a code for a free Moto X! I love Motorola's customer service
    Hello,
    can you post a picture of your phone please? I'm interested by the lemon lime!

And is it possible to have a look on metallic cherry accent please?

Thanks you!

Sorry for my language, I'm French.
    07-28-2014 12:14 PM
686 ... 25262728