Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!

bryantest

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Share your Moto X Moto Maker design here!

Nice scheme, Bryantest. This Moto Maker thing is a great idea.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. These were the things that came into my mind when I came up with my design:
1. Color contrast should apply - pairing navy blue back with a black front is a just a bad Idea.
2. Blue accents - initially I decided to go with silver accents but decided to go with blue because it gives the phone a bit more personality.

Last edited:

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

I wonder if I will ever have the cajones to buy a Moto X with turquoise color on the back :p

Anyways..this is what I came up with

View attachment 86188

That's actually the first iteration I designed on the website (I was trying to design a Penn State theme.) However, after checking out the display in the AT&T store, I decided I was more partial to the black front. I also like the Royal Blue and Woven Black in person. Those two backs plus the Navy backs all have the nice, more pronounced, soft touch feel to them that I absolutely want.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Automatic like for the PSU theme :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

cardman827

May 29, 2011
Visit site

I wonder if I will ever have the cajones to buy a Moto X with turquoise color on the back :p

Anyways..this is what I came up with

View attachment 86188

I really like this one, I have never had a phone with a white front so that is my first choice.

I also like this one but got blasted by the wife for being too "girly". What do you guys think:
moto.png

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

I might be crazy, but I think I am going to sell my all white AT&T Moto X, etf the line and rebuy the phone using these colors.
bgb j1.jpg

bgb J2.jpg

bryantest

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

mayconvert

not really digging your accent colors. might wanna change them to give your scheme a bit more personality. IMO

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

I also like this one but got blasted by the wife for being too "girly". What do you guys think:
View attachment 89300

I think it's great. Beautiful combination. I would go with a black front, personally, because I like how the front is just a plain black slab when the screen is off.

Anyway, who cares what other people think? They're just colors. If someone judges you based on them, that says more about them than it does about you.

bryantest

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

I think it's great. Beautiful combination. I would go with a black front, personally, because I like how the front is just a plain black slab when the screen is off.

Anyway, who cares what other people think? They're just colors. If someone judges you based on them, that says more about them than it does about you.

You know..having a "I don't give a *bleep* about what other people think" mentality is not as simple as you think it is...especially when it comes to colors.

What does it say about other people? It says that they're just following society's conventional perspective about what are manly and feminine colors. There's absolutely no need to insinuate anything else.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

You know..having a "I don't give a *bleep* about what other people think" mentality is not as simple as you think it is...especially when it comes to colors.

Actually, it is that simple. You can either choose to let it bother you or not bother you. It's that easy. Case in point: I wear pink a lot. Do other people comment on it or think it's funny? Yeah--mainly children, though (perhaps it is something to do with immaturity and/or insecurity). Do I care? No. Does it stop me from wearing the color or buying more of it? No.

See? Easy.

bryantest

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

Actually, it is that simple. You can either choose to let it bother you or not bother you. It's that easy. Case in point: I wear pink a lot. Do other people comment on it or think it's funny? Yeah--mainly children, though (perhaps it is something to do with immaturity and/or insecurity). Do I care? No. Does it stop me from wearing the color or buying more of it? No.

See? Easy.

Yep. It's only that simple to you. =)

Last edited:

cardman827

May 29, 2011
Visit site

Thank you for the reply, I totally agree with the who cares what other people think mentality it just is a little harder when the person is your wife. It's funny though in clothes I usually tend to go to darker colors and while in the store she says to me "you know that pink shirt would look really nice on you" I don't really get it , but she is a woman so I am not supposed to get it right? lol

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

I don't know if the texture makes a difference to you. The woven white is pretty smooth, where the woven black has much more pronounced brushed/soft touch feel. I think the black feels better and more slip resistant. However, someone else might prefer the smoother feel of the white.

ethertwist

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

If the price ever drops even further for T-Mobile customers, I would seriously consider replacing my N4 with the Moto X. I love that they give you the option to customize the look on top of the already decent specs.

This is what mine would look like:

Olive back, white front, silver accents
MotoX.JPG

PDT816

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Huge Oklahoma State fan. I kept waiting for an orange back but couldn't resist and pulled the trigger a few weeks ago. Probably would have regretted an orange back anyway after a while.

motomaker.png

ethertwist

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 89300

I really like that Cabernet color back with the white front, but perhaps play with some different accent colors. I think it's the two-tone purple that makes it read a bit more feminine, but as ultravisitor pointed out, that shouldn't really matter if you like it.:)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34