Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Share your Moto X Moto Maker design here!

I went and played with a woven X at Best buy tonight. If anyone's held the original Droid Razr, the woven back feels a lot like that. Not sure what I want now. I usually have a case on my phone, so it isn't a big deal for the anti-fingerprint or anti-scratch -ness of the woven.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Also, anyone know what the deal is with the woven white? If that was in stock I would get that in a heartbeat.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site

Also, anyone know what the deal is with the woven white? If that was in stock I would get that in a heartbeat.

I thought that was special for the Dev devices.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I thought that was special for the Dev devices.

They had it on there a while ago, and you can still buy it with the stock 16 GB models, but its gone from motomaker for some reason.

After much hemming and hawing (seriously, I had motomaker open going back and forth for over an hour), I went with this:

Mono.png

Classy but still with a little personality. Also shouldn't stain quite as easily as the chalk version.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site

They had it on there a while ago, and you can still buy it with the stock 16 GB models, but its gone from motomaker for some reason.

After much hemming and hawing (seriously, I had motomaker open going back and forth for over an hour), I went with this:

View attachment 95456

Classy but still with a little personality. Also shouldn't stain quite as easily as the chalk version.

Looks good! Is that the concrete back? Hard to tell on my Rezound.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Yes it is. I had a very similar one with the chalk back that I got a few days before they announced their promotion, but that one went back

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

3eny7ysu.jpg

Turquoise, black and yellow. BOOM

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Also, just a heads up. I had the woven black when the x first came out and it's a HUGE fingerprint magnet.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site

Fingerprint magnet? Now you tell me! Didn't seem that way in the store. Oh well, I guess I'll see for myself and just deal with it. Had saved 2 other more colorful designs but in the end, decided to go with a stealth look...woven black back, black front and metallic black trim. Went opposite of my wife who has woven white back, white front and silver metallic trim so we wouldn't get confused and grab the wrong phone on the way out the door.

Stealth Moto X.jpg

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

Also, just a heads up. I had the woven black when the x first came out and it's a HUGE fingerprint magnet.

Were you dipping your fingers in oil before you touched it? My current phone has the woven black back, and my phone's back doesn't pick up fingerprints at all.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

I finally got my code for the Cyber monday deal, but now I can't decide on the color. I feel like I'll keep this phone for a while, so I want something that fits me, but is also somewhat professional. (I may be changing jobs soon, so I don't want something too obnoxious) Here are the ones I've been looking at:

View attachment 95253
View attachment 95254
View attachment 95255
View attachment 95256
View attachment 95257

Not quite sure which I want. The only thing I'm not 100% about is what the woven back feels like.

Which did you go with? I like 5, 3 and 1

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site

I finally got my code for the Cyber monday deal, but now I can't decide on the color. I feel like I'll keep this phone for a while, so I want something that fits me, but is also somewhat professional. (I may be changing jobs soon, so I don't want something too obnoxious) Here are the ones I've been looking at:

View attachment 95253
View attachment 95254
View attachment 95255
View attachment 95256
View attachment 95257

Not quite sure which I want. The only thing I'm not 100% about is what the woven back feels like.

It's really tough to decide, isn't it? They all look great and your designs are close to what I stewed over. The 2 designs I had saved before I placed my order were royal blue back/white front/silver trim and woven black back/white front/silver trim. I went down to the local VZW store and looked at and felt all of the different backs in their Moto X display and seeing it in person, I was sold on the look and feel of the woven black back. The look is classy and the feel is pretty much like the other backs. In the picture, the woven back looks like it's textured but it's not, the weave is a design and the surface is still smooth. Played with Motomaker some more before placing my order and ultimately went all black, woven black back/black front/black trim (see my earlier post). Good luck with your decision!

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

If anyone would like it, I am no longer using the other code I have so I am going to give it away. Preferably someone that has been a member here for a while. PM me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge