Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!

djkleric

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Share your Moto X Moto Maker design here!

Was able to get a code on Wednesday. Ordered a yellow back, white front, and blue accents on Thursday morning, but won't get here till December 13th. Eight days, so much for the four day promise.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386522233918.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386522233918.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site

I enjoyed looking at the designs users ordered, were going to order, were considering ordering, or would order if you were ordering. Here's what my wife ordered on what turned out to be Cyber Wednesday:

Purple.JPG

Cabernet back, white front, and silver accent, T-Mobile 16GB model. As it turned out storm Dion had something to say about the delivery date. At this point we have no clue!

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Dion backwards is Noid, which rhymes with Droid. Hmm... :p

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Miamagn

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

I'd like to see pics of cabernet color combo in real life. Please post photos when you receive!

qwert3y

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

I'm getting a black front, but I'm stuck between cement/white back with blue or orange accents. I'll post pics when I get mine, but that won't be for at least 2 weeks.

stringbeanie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site

Cabernet back, white front and silver is exactly what I ordered too. It is supposed to be here tomorrow. Yippee!

Last edited:

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Have one more code available. Pm me

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

I just got mine in the mail (took longer because of the winter storm in Texas): 32GB Chalk back, black front, orange accent (fyi: the orange is a metallic, bright orange but nothing gaudy; it's a pretty orange).

I was going with some wild colors initially (turquoise back/white front/orange accents; Red/Black/Red; Purple/Black/Red) and spent an entire WEEK on designing it. :p But I just couldn't bring myself to go that wild because I knew I'd get tired of looking at it eventually (2 yr contract). I'm fairly happy with my design, actually. It's minimalist-chic, but word of warning to those who pick the "chalk" back - it's not as white as it looks on Motomaker; it's more of an off-white than pure white, which is not what I expected "chalk" to be. I was a bit put off by the off-white-ness of it, but it's still nice. I know I can send it back to exchange but, honestly, I can't imagine what other color combo I'd be happy with. Also, I opted not to get the woven back (in black; white is only for Dev edition) because I read on these boards that the signature gets a bit wavy/messed up on those backs. So...I think I like it.

Here is the stock photo, from the Motomaker site:

Motox.jpg

Also, even though I ordered the 32GB, I only have 26 available at Power On out of the box. I know that's because of the OS and such, but dayum...that's a lot less.

ethertwist

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Also, even though I ordered the 32GB, I only have 26 available at Power On out of the box. I know that's because of the OS and such, but dayum...that's a lot less.

Interesting. I assume that means the 16GB version comes with about 10GB of free space? Any clarification from those with a 16GB version would be much appreciated!

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site

Interesting. I assume that means the 16GB version comes with about 10GB of free space? Any clarification from those with a 16GB version would be much appreciated!

After updating to Kit Kat, my internal storage total space shows as 11.88 GB. I don't know what it was before.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site

this is the reason I went with 32 instead of 16, especially for only $50 more. If it was a true 16 after the OS storage, I could pull that off. But 10-11gb after the OS is just not enough for me. I like to store as much as i can offline since i gave up my unlimited. i rarely stream when not on wifi.

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

I ended up ordering a cement with silver accents and black front. 32 gigs. I have a 16 gig now and I'm already down to 8 gigs free with barely any media or games installed. I'm going to have to sell this phone but I don't think I'll lose too much. I am worried about how cruddy the lighter color will get. Anyone have one yet? And how dies the finish feel compared to the woven back standard at Verizon?

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

Just so that people know in case they aren't able to check the backs out in person, the smooth, colored backs are much slippier than the woven black. I just got my Moto Maker phone today, and I'm wondering if I'm going to have to put a case on it to make sure it doesn't slip out of my hand. I really don't want to, but...

Miamagn

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

Just so that people know in case they aren't able to check the backs out in person, the smooth, colored backs are much slippier than the woven black. I just got my Moto Maker phone today, and I'm wondering if I'm going to have to put a case on it to make sure it doesn't slip out of my hand. I really don't want to, but...

Please post photos when you have the chance. Still trying to decide on my design.

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Are you saying that EVERY color is slippery or just the non-matte ones?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca