Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Share your Moto X Moto Maker design here!

Are you saying that EVERY color is slippery or just the non-matte ones?

I'm not sure about all of them, but I do know that I don't recall any of them feeling similar to the woven black. The woven black is a soft touch that is kind of rubbery (for lack of a better term), and I don't recall any of the others having the same finish.

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

I'm not sure about all of them, but I do know that I don't recall any of them feeling similar to the woven black. The woven black is a soft touch that is kind of rubbery (for lack of a better term), and I don't recall any of the others having the same finish.
In reading through the descriptions of the colors, there's "smooth" and there's "non slip". My guess is that the non-slip would feel similarly to the woven back but I can't say for sure. Anyone have a colored case with a non-slip back? I really need to know because I don't want a slippery phone. Unfortunately, my cement color is described as smooth, so I might be stuck...

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

Unfortunately, my cement color is described as smooth, so I might be stuck...

Pretty sure yours is one of the slippery ones. If you're going to put it in a case, then it's not really much of an issue. I'm just one of the people who doesn't like cases.

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Pretty sure yours is one of the slippery ones. If you're going to put it in a case, then it's not really much of an issue. I'm just one of the people who doesn't like cases.
I don't use cases either. I'm going to see if they can switch my order to a non-slip color.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

I received my crimson X with silver accents. It matches my car and looks darn classy and sharp, IMHO. I got a few comparison shots with the in-store black model and my wife's turquoise with orange accents.

Edit: My navy back version arrived today. Silver accents (like the crimson). This is our family's spare phone, instead of forking out insurance on three phones, so the wife insisted on a gender neutral color. I was opting for the royal blue but she thought the navy would look better.

View attachment 96310
View attachment 96312
View attachment 96311
View attachment 96315
View attachment 96457

Last edited:

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site

Excellent shots Jephanie! Crimson with silver accents was one of my favorites.

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

I received my crimson X with silver accents. It matches my car and looks darn classy and sharp, IMHO. I got a few comparison shots with the in-store black model and my wife's turquoise with orange accents.

View attachment 96310
View attachment 96312
View attachment 96311
View attachment 96315

Looks great! Can you comment on the turquoise model's grippiness/slippiness? I have a cement one on order and I'm a little worried about how that finish's back will feel.

BuffOrange

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site

I just got mine in the mail (took longer because of the winter storm in Texas): 32GB Chalk back, black front, orange accent (fyi: the orange is a metallic, bright orange but nothing gaudy; it's a pretty orange).

Finally! It took 15 pages for someone to post the design I've had in mind for weeks, ha.
I wonder if the Blush is a more 'pure white' than the chalk?

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

Looks great! Can you comment on the turquoise model's grippiness/slippiness? I have a cement one on order and I'm a little worried about how that finish's back will feel.

The turquoise back actually does feel a little slippery compared to the crimson, navy blue or non-Motomaker black. My wife agreed with me. It still is nowhere near as slippery as a Samsung back but there is a little less grip than the other colors I have.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

My new Moto X! White, Navy, Blue Accents. I love it -the way it looks and the way it operates!

So far so good, My Backup Pro seemed to be the best way to transfer contacts, since my phone had a mash up of Google and SIM card contacts. Didn't use Migrate because reviews said it was all or nothing (no options) Still lots of set up to do this weekend!

a3y6egej.jpg

Sent from my HTC Rezound via Swype & Tapatalk

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site

My new Moto X! White, Navy, Blue Accents. I love it -the way it looks and the way it operates!

So far so good, My Backup Pro seemed to be the best way to transfer contacts, since my phone had a mash up of Google and SIM card contacts. Didn't use Migrate because reviews said it was all or nothing (no options) Still lots of set up to do this weekend!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/13/a3y6egej.jpg

Sent from my HTC Rezound via Swype & Tapatalk

Very nice. I'll get a pic up soon of my navy/white/silver accents.

Sent from my Moto X

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

abuse2yg.jpg

Green back, black front, and blue accents.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site

How do I post a picture?

Easy if you use the Tapatalk app (or, I guess the Android Central app based on Tapatalk - although I have never used it myself). Just look in menu.

If on the regular web site on a PC, look for the Insert Image icon. To upload a photo, use the From Computer tab. To link to an image using a web address, use the From URL tab.

ac-img.JPG

samven582

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

Easy if you use the Tapatalk app (or, I guess the Android Central app based on Tapatalk - although I have never used it myself). Just look in menu.

If on the regular web site on a PC, look for the Insert Image icon. To upload a photo, use the From Computer tab. To link to an image using a web address, use the From URL tab.

View attachment 96652

Thanks but how is everyone pulling these images from Moto's site?

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I finally got mine yesterday! First order originally placed 11/18. What an ordeal, but happy now! Black, black and purple accents. Beautiful!

Sent from my XT1060 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site

Thanks but how is everyone pulling these images from Moto's site?

I'm not at a computer right now. The front / back photos are emailed to you - I think when you save a design. Or, look for a button to share your design and email it to yourself. It's not obvious - I spent forever looking for a button that creates the image.

Sent from my custom Moto X using Tapatalk

djkleric

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
This is what I ordered for my fianc?. Got it with an inscription and boot message. Really liking mine. Hope she likes hers.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386986676804.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386986676804.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member