Share your Moto X (1st gen) Moto Maker design here!

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Share your Moto X Moto Maker design here!

Any insight on how it feels, like slick or rough?
Feels the same to me as the woven white back on my Dev Ed (smooth touch). I think there is a nano coating on them and so what you feel is the coating. No more, no less slippery than the white woven back.

Now the black woven back that I had, which was soft touch not smooth touch, that felt grippier.

There is a thread about this exact issue here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-x/357031-moto-x-how-slippery-wood-backs.html

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

i do have a question - my front screen has a few faint scratches on it. is the front not scratch-free? or maybe it happened during the manufacturing process? you can't really see it unless it's in direct light but it's a bit of a bother especially since i just got it. any feedback appreciated. thanks!
It's Gorilla Glass so it shouldn't scratch easily. You could ask for an RMA if you don't mind waiting for a refund. You'll have to see if they can give you that $30 discount if you used it, you might be out of luck on that.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

i do have a question - my front screen has a few faint scratches on it. is the front not scratch-free? or maybe it happened during the manufacturing process? you can't really see it unless it's in direct light but it's a bit of a bother especially since i just got it. any feedback appreciated. thanks!
It shouldn't have any scratches on it out of the box.

The glass is made of Gorilla Glass I believe, which is scratch resistant, but not scratch proof. Sand in your pocket will scratch it. The crazy thing is that dropping it is less likely to scratch it than sand in your pocket is.

trainplane3

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

Welp my wood back that has the bump on the edge is now starting to wear HARD
IMG_20140207_155207644.jpg

But good news is that Moto is going to take the return and give me a code to make a new Wood-backed X at the same price I bought it for. So atleast I won't lose out on my $30 off.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

Welp my wood back that has the bump on the edge is now starting to wear HARD[/url]

But good news is that Moto is going to take the return and give me a code to make a new Wood-backed X at the same price I bought it for. So atleast I won't lose out on my $30 off.
Let me know if you received the new code. I never got mine, called them up, they said they sent it again and it never came.

sent via my Le Motonovo X

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

trainplane3

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

Does that spot feel like wood?

It definitely is wood. It seemed like that bump didn't coated properly, so the wood was exposed way faster than it should've ever been. Rest of the back is fine though. I was contacted by Moto last night and they gave me a code to make a new one for free and a FedEx label to mail this one back once I get the new one.

Dswann3

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site

Might be swapping out my X due to some ripples in the back cover (woven black) and wanted to know if there are other dark colors available that are just as 'soft' as the woven black or are the other versions a harder/slicker cover? Like can someone compare the woven black to the plain black back? Are all of the non-woven colors the same feel-wise? Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind. Saw they have those details on the Motomaker site.

Last edited:

Semion Zlobin

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site

My black/walnut/silver accents Moto X arrived at my friend's place in USA. Can't wait a week till I see it in person here in Russia. Here is the photo of this gorgeous device.
MY_MOTO_X.jpg

redeyss

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Might be swapping out my X due to some ripples in the back cover (woven black) and wanted to know if there are other dark colors available that are just as 'soft' as the woven black or are the other versions a harder/slicker cover? Like can someone compare the woven black to the plain black back? Are all of the non-woven colors the same feel-wise? Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind. Saw they have those details on the Motomaker site.

I found the woven back to be softer than the matte black back and the olive color. I've had all three and like the look of the plain black the best. I use a minimal case but if I didn't use a case I would go woven. Just my two cents.

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

Black woven design with a metallic red accent.

77565d1377270416t-share-your-moto-x-moto-maker-design-here-composited-image-00000.png

Although, not exactly sure why I did this, seeing as I'm essentially torturing myself. They will never sell these in the UK... :'(

Got mine the other day, with this design (but with the blue molten wallpaper). I've always liked black-red color combo since I was a kid. Sometimes I think I should have gone with something more colorful, like red back with black accents, but I'm generally more subtle style-wise. Also seems like the red back would show the dirt a lot easier. Also I'm going to put it in a case so it really doesn't matter much.

Someone actually commented when I told them that you can choose the design: "And you went with black!".

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs