Picked one up this morning...

chrisdiaz73

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I really like this phone. I was using a Galaxy Active and that wasn't it was all it was cracked up to be but so far Inna few hours of playing this phone is so smooth and fits well in my hands.....some may feel its a bit small...but I think its perfect. Its pretty close to my old Nexus 4 in terms of stick experience but this time with LTE! I'll have to decide over the weekend whether or not I return this phone to customize and bump up to 32...if they had stock colors with 32 in stock I wouldn't even care.

Posted via Android Central App

Kalifornia

Dude
Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I hit a store this morning but didn't buy one. Just wanted to check it out. The guy at this store at first said he didn't have any in stock to sell but when I asked again he went in the back to check and said they only had two in stock to sell, one white and one black. I didn't ask the memory size. My guess is that supplies in the store are still pretty limited right now.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I hit a store this morning but didn't buy one. Just wanted to check it out. The guy at this store at first said he didn't have any in stock to sell but when I asked again he went in the back to check and said they only had two in stock to sell, one white and one black. I didn't ask the memory size. My guess is that supplies in the store are still pretty limited right now.

For any early adopters they may assume most people are going to customize.

rajeshr68

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
For any early adopters they may assume most people are going to customize.

Have there been any big marketing campaigns by either Motorola or AT&T about the Moto X? Nothing much in Canada, other than the Rogers announcement. I don't expect many people here to even know about the phone (most Rogers employees don't). I guess the S4 will still be most in demand, with all other Android phones vying for a distant second.

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Have there been any big marketing campaigns by either Motorola or AT&T about the Moto X? Nothing much in Canada, other than the Rogers announcement. I don't expect many people here to even know about the phone (most Rogers employees don't). I guess the S4 will still be most in demand, with all other Android phones vying for a distant second.

I have not seen a single ad on TV or around town.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site

I don't recall seeing any advertisements. No print or television. They seem to be doing a soft launch geared towards those who follow it via the web. I'm sure they have ads that are set to kick off at a certain date.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't recall seeing any advertisements. No print or television. They seem to be doing a soft launch geared towards those who follow it via the web. I'm sure they have ads that are set to kick off at a certain date.

This is what I see when I open youtube......

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
When the ad first plays the tag line is "Thousands of options, as in, not two"

lol. okay, that's hilarious. Did they put an asterix and a fast voiceover that says "unless you're not with AT&T, then you get 2", (to which they could add "if they ever come out, good luck") lol.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So I was going to buy the Moto Maker version this morning. When it wasn't online, I went to the AT&T store. I got antsy in the supposed week long delivery times. I decided to just buy the white one, a custom one might be worse off in resale.

When I purchased the phone out right, it rang up as only 540.

Last edited:

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
So I was going to buy the Moto Maker version this morning. When it wasn't online, I went to the AT&T store. I got antsy in the supposed week long delivery times. I decided to just buy the white one, a custom one might be worse off in resale.

When I purchased the phone out right, it rang up as only 549.

You're a wise man.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I decided to just buy the white one, a custom one might be worse off in resale.

Ohhhh. Never thought about that. I might pick up a black Developer Edition @ Verizon whenever it comes out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
And those are two of the main reasons I'm getting one. No bloat and quicker updates. Plus I'm hoping the Dev Ed has 32GB of storage.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

The moto website shows the dev edition. It is half black and half white and has 32gb storage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463