Picked one up this morning...

jameskk1

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
went into the at&t store about an hour ago and bought the 16GB Design It Card. They had all of the colors on display. One thing that I noticed is that the woven back is not soft touch like the non-woven (black and white). In fact, several of the colors were not soft touch but rather hard flat plastic. Not sure if it's because they cannot do the rubber feel coating in all colors. Because of this I am now thinking of doing the plain black cover. I was considering the woven black or green (both of which are hard not soft touch). All three blues (navy, blue, turquoise) were soft touch and looked great. Oh my decisions decisions.

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
went into the at&t store about an hour ago and bought the 16GB Design It Card. They had all of the colors on display. One thing that I noticed is that the woven back is not soft touch like the non-woven (black and white). In fact, several of the colors were not soft touch but rather hard flat plastic. Not sure if it's because they cannot do the rubber feel coating in all colors. Because of this I am now thinking of doing the plain black cover. I was considering the woven black or green (both of which are hard not soft touch). All three blues (navy, blue, turquoise) were soft touch and looked great. Oh my decisions decisions.

Woven back isn't soft touch? Is it hard plastic?

Sent from my Nexus 7

Strawdawg

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Did you happen to notice if the Crimson was soft touch? :)

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
well the ones on display at my at&t store were not. in fact, the sales rep and I had a discussion about it and he also said "yeah some are just plastic and some are rubber"

Maybe that display was just for color reference. All colors are supposed to be soft touch.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
well the ones on display at my at&t store were not. in fact, the sales rep and I had a discussion about it and he also said "yeah some are just plastic and some are rubber"

I can say that my woven black is very soft touch

jameskk1

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Maybe that display was just for color reference. All colors are supposed to be soft touch.

Ahhhh.... so my experience at the at&t store has been confirmed. I am working to design my phone on Motorola's site and I noticed that some colors state "Lightly tinted color with a clean and smooth finish; made of scratch resistant material." while others state "Vibrant color with a soft non slip finish; made of scratch resistant material."... so the colors do have different finishes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol